Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F250 Limited Diesel, 2017 F250 Lariat Diesel,
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks. I emailed someone else and another person responded from the executive office. I have a call with them tomorrow.
Good Luck n keep us posted. I have a ‘20 F250 super duty limited. $90k worth of Ford finest engineering and I’ve been beating my head against the “my truck already has 8 frikin cameras why do I need 2 more and ugly wires everywhere” wall with zero results or responses other than links to accessories. I’d be willing to pay extra as would thou$ands of fleet owners to have sentry mode and dashcam available.
Sponsored

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
The European catalog of MME accessories lists a dash cam that integrates with sync3. That makes me worry they will not use the existing cameras as sentry mode:
Catalog

Blkponi

First Name
Nish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
If you're wondering whether the Mach-E will feature dashcam and sentry mode capabilities, here's what Ford told us at the LA Auto Show:

Q: Can the front cameras act as a dashcam?
A: More details to come on that. The hardware is capable. With OTA Updates capability, these are the types of things we’re working on, giving customer’s cars more capabilities as they own it.​

Q: Will there be a sentry mode?
A: Stay tuned on this. The OTA capabilities of the vehicle we’ve still got some things that the team’s working on, so between now and the time we launch, we’ll share more as we get closer to the launch date.​
Was there any mention of Traffic light and Stop Sign control capability?

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
If you're wondering whether the Mach-E will feature dashcam and sentry mode capabilities, here's what Ford told us at the LA Auto Show:

Q: Can the front cameras act as a dashcam?
A: More details to come on that. The hardware is capable. With OTA Updates capability, these are the types of things we’re working on, giving customer’s cars more capabilities as they own it.​

Q: Will there be a sentry mode?
A: Stay tuned on this. The OTA capabilities of the vehicle we’ve still got some things that the team’s working on, so between now and the time we launch, we’ll share more as we get closer to the launch date.​
Just ordered the Ford Accessory dash cam.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Just ordered the Ford Accessory dash cam.
Let us know how it works out - I've been considering it. I really want something with an easier install and minimal wiring showing.

Last week I witnessed an SUV pull out in front of a motorcycle which resulted in a crash. It would have been nice to have video to send to the police (not that there was any question as to what happened, it just would have been nice).

Also had a black car with no lights on pull out in front of me the next day at 5:30AM. Luckily I was paying attention and the Mach-E's ADAS is top notch. Did result in my bookbag flying into the dash since the Mach-E's emergency braking is HARD.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Let us know how it works out - I've been considering it. I really want something with an easier install and minimal wiring showing.

Last week I witnessed an SUV pull out in front of a motorcycle which resulted in a crash. It would have been nice to have video to send to the police (not that there was any question as to what happened, it just would have been nice).

Also had a black car with no lights on pull out in front of me the next day at 5:30AM. Luckily I was paying attention and the Mach-E's ADAS is top notch. Did result in my bookbag flying into the dash since the Mach-E's emergency braking is HARD.
Will do, having the dealer install it. As a lead foot having the "collision avoidance" warning pop on is an attention getter but not as much as the brakes. Glad it works!!

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

frstsgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EMU - Premium Rapid Red, RWD, ER and 2013 VW EOS
Occupation
retired
Country flag

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
The other day I was driving on the highway and a car to the right of me started to merge into my lane nearly hitting me. But in the midst of that the proximity indicator came on, amd in addition to that the center display lit up with live camera footage of the vehicle about to make contact with our vehicle.

Now everything happened pretty fast, and I'm assuming that was a normal function of the vehicle collision avoidance system, but I'm also wondering if that footage was somehow being saved on board, even though it's not necessarily accessible to the user right now?

In any case it appears to me that the vehicle already has some sort of built in logic to actively detect a scenario in which video footage of importance can be saved in the event of an impending collision. Adding in additional logic to actually save this footage and make it accessible to the user for retrieval later on would seem like a pretty trivial OTA update at this point.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
The other day I was driving on the highway and a car to the right of me started to merge into my lane nearly hitting me. But in the midst of that the proximity indicator came on, amd in addition to that the center display lit up with live camera footage of the vehicle about to make contact with our vehicle.
Wait really? The center display can show camera footage? I’d like to see this in action during a controlled event not an actual crash. This was in no YouTube videos or anywhere online

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Wait really? The center display can show camera footage? I’d like to see this in action during a controlled event not an actual crash. This was in no YouTube videos or anywhere online
I was really surprised by it and I almost thought it was a glitch in the car software until I realized I nearly got side swiped from some knucklehead veering into my lane. To be clear though, this was live footage, not playback of something that already happened.

Honestly I have no idea how you would be able to reproduce this safely.

We have however had our first fender bender in the Mach-E community with Patrick Anderson from the Mach-E Vlog being rear ended unfortunately. I'm wondering if he can shed some light on wether or not the Mach-E displayed the rear camera on the center display just prior to the impact? If so this would confirm my experience above.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I was really surprised by it and I almost thought it was a glitch in the car software until I realized I nearly got side swiped from some knucklehead veering into my lane. To be clear though, this was live footage, not playback of something that already happened.

We have however had our first fender bender in the Mach-E community with Patrick Anderson from the Mach-E Vlog being rear ended unfortunately. I'm wondering if he can shed some light on wether or not the Mach-E displayed the rear camera on the center display just prior to the impact? If so this would confirm my experience above.
Well let's see if he knows. @Mach-E VLOG (I hope it's the right person lol)

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

I did not see it switch to the camera before impact, but the guy came in pretty quick. I was in an exit lane and he cut into traffic right behind me and couldn't stop in time. I also don't think the Mach-E is recording video so it could be used later. On the Data Privacy page in the manual, it says data is collected that could be used but it doesn't mention video.

(Note: I did have a GoPro running and facing forward. It was in a 10x timelapse mode. It did actually capture the license plate of the guy that did the hit-and-run, but it was more valuable at the time to see it with my own eyes and have my wife call it in to 911. In fact, the cops didn't even want to see our footage. To them, it was clear exactly what happened.)
Sponsored