Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I had hopes for the Niro and Kona when they came out (semi-affordable compact CUV style), but seemed like it was nearly impossible to get one in the US unless you lived in CA. And even that wasn't always easy (heard they had major battery supply delays).

Worked out OK though because while I was scoping those out last year, the Mach-e came out of nowhere. I was only doing casual research last year on BEVs, but it never showed up on lists I was looking at. It actually got announced while we were in Egypt so I missed that news too. Noticed it after we got back.
I was thinking about the Kona but unhappy they didn't have an AWD option. Then the Mach E came along...
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was thinking about the Kona but unhappy they didn't have an AWD option. Then the Mach E came along...
I had order a Niro last August but cancel it in May prior to delivery to keep my MME reservation/order.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Just another thought about an on/off button. At close to the beginning of the video she relates the story of going in to the grocery store and coming out to find the car was on the whole time. She thought the hatch was latched, and it wasn't (can't believe there wasn't a warning about that) so, with the hatch ajar, the car climate control and therefore the car stays ON. No on/off button - so you don't think to manually turn the car off, because the car is "supposed to be" smart enough to handle this.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
She thought the hatch was latched, and it wasn't (can't believe there wasn't a warning about that)
The beauty of OTA updates. This request is already added to the newest update, rolling out now. Hopefully Ford will take owners requests and turnaround that fast! Quite amazing really.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Dashcam and Sentry Mode Updates 1596656992275

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Dashcam and Sentry Mode Updates 1596657039219

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The beauty of OTA updates. This request is already added to the newest update, rolling out now. Hopefully Ford will take owners requests and turnaround that fast! Quite amazing really.

So I'm at the grocery store, or in the movie, or entered the stadium (post covid someday) and I'm shopping or already past the gate when 10 minutes later my phone tells me the car is still open.

HOW is that more superior than the warning light I have right now on my Ford Escape that tells me IMMEDIATELY that my hatch is ajar? I have to walk back to my Tesla 10 minutes later?

Any Tesla owners out there know if you do in fact get an immediate alert like on my car?

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I would say wiper controls are baseline but Tesla would disagree with me. It is all in the eye of the beholder.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I really don't agree. Screens are great for consuming information but less great for entering information. Buttons are better for frequently used controls. Leave the screen for things that only need to be adjusted intermittently and not in real time, (like settings).

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Fobs do not bother me. The Tesla card does. I do not yet have an opinion on a smartphone key but am looking forward to trying it when I get my car!

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I do adjust the mirror because during long trips I adjust the seat to reduce fatigue and the new seating position requires a mirror adjustment. I have raised and lowered the rear windows. Sometimes because of the kids and sometimes I wanted outside air with less noise. Everybody is different and has different needs from their car.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Fobs do not bother me. The Tesla card does. I do not yet have an opinion on a smartphone key but am looking forward to trying it when I get my car!
Why do you not like the card? Seems like a sleek backup.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think the idea is to keep it with your credit cards. You only need it if the phone is dead.
That's what I thought too - much more convenient then a fob. I don't go anywhere without my wallet, so stuffed in with my credit cards would be easy.
Sponsored