Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Curious what about seeing the MME in person made her say so, Dave?
I've always been strictly a car guy. I've hated most SUVs on the market, so she's doing it to get a rise out of me
Sponsored

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
As usual, easy to give an information and it’s still so difficult to find it back ...So I am searching where I saw it...
Tesla's official recommendation is to charge up to approximately 90% regularly, and 100% when needed.

https://www.tesla.com/support/home-charging-installation/faq#percentage

Why is the highway range for the Mach-E AWD so much worse than the highway range for RWD?
(Related thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...evealed-in-epa-emissions-certifications.1961/)

Here is my theory and would be very interested in what others think: the test cycle includes some acceleration periods, which uses both motors, drawing more power.
I don't think that explains it. The acceleration profiles are given in the test cycle. The power drawn by each motor will be roughly half of the power drawn by a single motor, all else being equal, to achieve the test cycle.

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Ford posted this on Instagram.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E EPA Ratings Revealed in Window Sticker! i-QTSfNLr-L

Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD EXT EPA Estimated Range of 300 miles. I suspect Ford will be making a more formal announcement soon possibly next week with the reviewers doing media drives in the very near future.

Last edited:

Pyrene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Kona
Country flag
Tesla's official recommendation is to charge up to approximately 90% regularly, and 100% when needed.
Yes, I know, but the tesla salesman I phoned today told me that, indeed, the new battery technology installed on the German-made TMYs should no longer have this limitation.

Stacey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB M class
Occupation
Data Analyst
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E EPA Ratings Revealed in Window Sticker! i-QTSfNLr-L

This may not seem like much but losing 10% of your range is quite a big loss if you have long commutes or live in very cold places where it's not uncommon to lose 40% of your charge already on very cold days.
Keep in mind if you charge to 100% , you lose re-gen braking until battery capacity is depleted to 90% or so. And if you’re worried about losing range, that’s factored into the EPA rating.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Keep in mind if you charge to 100% , you lose re-gen braking until battery capacity is depleted to 90% or so. And if you’re worried about losing range, that’s factored into the EPA rating.
I dont think that is true. I charge to 100% every night and the vehicle has regen braking while leaving the driveway.

Stacey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB M class
Occupation
Data Analyst
Country flag
My old Bolt lost regen till it dropped to 95 or so. Same with the S I had for a week. Unless a buffer is factored in through the factory you’re not getting regen.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My old Bolt lost regen till it dropped to 95 or so. Same with the S I had for a week. Unless a buffer is factored in through the factory you’re not getting regen.
Yes but your Bolt didn't have 11% of the battery walled off in reserve like the Mach E.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My car has a 33.5kWh battery pack with about 29.8 kWh usable.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I dont think that is true. I charge to 100% every night and the vehicle has regen braking while leaving the driveway.
I too, charge my c max to 100% after driving and also have regen braking right away.......on hot days, I try to let battery cool and charge early mornings or later in the evening....when cold i try to charge warmest time of day....

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Sorry, wrong does not affect the mache.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
Yes, I know, but the tesla salesman I phoned today told me that, indeed, the new battery technology installed on the German-made TMYs should no longer have this limitation.
There is no limitation. It's just a recommendation.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
But that was always to be expected. Right? Tesla is the efficiency leader but it comes at the cost of other things that matter to many. We all chose the Mach E because we are willing to sacrafice some range for style, comfort and a better driving experience. At least those are my reasons.
Tesla is very much a "study to the test" brand. They design their hardware and software to perform optimally under documented test conditions but as a result it performs much less well in the real world. It's not as bad as VWs "detect the test and revise operation" strategy but it is still designed to deceive the consumer.
Sponsored