jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
For me I would get a model 3 if it had a bigger boot/trunk. Plus the Ford will have better build quality I would imagine.
Model 3 trunk: 15 cubic feet.
Mach E 29 cubic feet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E: Premium, ER, RWD
Country flag
One comparison I'd like to see is the Model 3 autopilot vs the ME CoPilot 360. Are they the same? Does it come standard with the ME FE? Or does it cost extra? And is it as good as the autopilot?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
One comparison I'd like to see is the Model 3 autopilot vs the ME CoPilot 360. Are they the same? Does it come standard with the ME FE? Or does it cost extra? And is it as good as the autopilot?
That depends. Do you like slamming into stopped semis and police cars?

GScott

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Country flag
Iā€˜ve had a Model 3 LR since 2018 and just ordered my Mach E. I can tell you from personal experience that Tesla is not all itā€™s cracked up to be. Prior to my M3 I had driven BMW 3 and 4 series for close to 20 years. Hereā€™s my quick breakdown.

1. The car feels cheap. Small things like the trunk, interior materials, etc...
2. For being a ā€œtechā€ company they are way behind on user interface, infotainment, voice command, etc... Try using your nav to ā€œfind the nearest Starbucksā€ on a Tesla.
3. its been over 2 years and they still canā€™t get rain sensing wipers correct. Instead of installing a $5 sensor like every other car company they chose to write a massive neural network using the front camera.
4. My car has EAP which is a hybrid of autopilot and the full self drive option. Itā€™s a game changer on road trips but you still have to pay attention. On more than one occasion it would have driven into a concrete median in a construction zone. Then there is the lovely phantom braking. Sometimes out of nowhere the car will brake hard for no reason.

Donā€˜t get me wrong, I love my M3 but Iā€™m looking forward to a car with 21st century tech.

Last edited:

GScott

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Country flag
Mine is about 50-50 recognizing the nav commands

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
From owning 3 Teslaā€™s (2 Model S and a Model 3):

- Build quality generally good but not consistent
- Paint coverage is marginal
- AutoPilot very unreliable and many times dangerous

Nothing is perfect but when you spend over $60,000 for a car, you have certain expectations and rightfully so . . .

Also, with technology advancing rapidly, I would venture that all current EVā€™s will be outdated in the not too distant future. (Consider cell phones, computers, TVā€™s, etc.)

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I've ordered a day 1 FE, but am really debating on switching over to a Model 3 LR. I'm tryna find an unbiased opinion on which may be the better long term investment? I couldn't find a specific comparison between these 2 styles. Someone help?
car are not long term investments. well, except maybe certain classic cars.

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
Iā€˜ve had a Model 3 LR since 2018 and just ordered my Mach E. I can tell you from personal experience that Tesla is not all itā€™s cracked up to be. Prior to my M3 I had driven BMW 3 and 4 series for close to 20 years. Hereā€™s my quick breakdown.

1. The car feels cheap. Small things like the trunk, interior materials, etc...
2. For being a ā€œtechā€ company they are way behind on user interface, infotainment, voice command, etc... Try using your nav to ā€œfind the nearest Starbucksā€ on a Tesla.
3. its been over 2 years and they still canā€™t get rain sensing wipers correct. Instead of installing a $5 sensor like every other car company they chose to write a massive neural network using the front camera.
4. My car has EAP which is a hybrid of autopilot and the full self drive option. Itā€™s a game changer on road trips but you still have to pay attention. On more than one occasion it would have driven into a concrete median in a construction zone. Then there is the lovely phantom braking. Sometimes out of nowhere the car will brake hard for no reason.

Donā€˜t get me wrong, I love my M3 but Iā€™m looking forward to a car with 21st century tech.
Totally agree with your assessment of the Model 3. Mine is exactly like you describe!

mspford

First Name
Mohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang, Hyundai santa FE
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hi

Im the guy who can answer all you questions. I have driven both Model 3 and MME FE. Dont ask how.

Pros of Mach-E over Model 3 - 'Many'
1. Better build and ride quality
2. quieter cabin
3. better interiors and comfortable space
4. ITS an SUV, so, more space in frunk and trunk.
5. Mach-E is quick enough to get you adrenaline charged.
6. Better styling and colors.
7. Dealer network to assist you in case of trouble.
8. Easily available parts.
9. Basic self driving is awesome on highways. Full self driving will be available next year and will be cheaper than tesla's 8k addon.

Some cons -
1. Range (however, the WLTP range has come more than Model Y for MME. EPA is still under testing).
2. Charge network (Ford's network and electrify america is still growing. In long term, this will not remain a Cons).
3. Resale value unknown. However, it is a mustang and an EV. both individually have great resale values.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
8. Easily available parts.
Can you be more specific? ie: it shares parts from other vehicles that are easily available? It's known that hard to obtain components directly from Tesla will be available such as battery packs and electric motors so others besides Ford dealers can work on them?
Sponsored