Mohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang, Hyundai santa FE
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Can you be more specific? ie: it shares parts from other vehicles that are easily available? It's known that hard to obtain components directly from Tesla will be available such as battery packs and electric motors so others besides Ford dealers can work on them?
The dealer network which are EV certified, will always keep an inventory of essential EV parts in case they have to fix one quick. The same is not the case with Tesla.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
3. its been over 2 years and they still can’t get rain sensing wipers correct. Instead of installing a $5 sensor like every other car company they chose to write a massive neural network using the front camera.
this one slays me - my 2013 Fusion does this very well, but 4-5 years ago I saw a review of a BMW or MB (forget which, not important) where they raved about the "new rain-sensing wipers" and I was like, "wait, my Ford has that!" A friend watching with me didn't believe me. I think people don't know just now much tech Ford was putting into their cars even then.

It's something that's come up a few times with Tesla "innovations" - I see it and think, "wait, they are just getting that now?"

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
this one slays me - my 2013 Fusion does this very well, but 4-5 years ago I saw a review of a BMW or MB (forget which, not important) where they raved about the "new rain-sensing wipers" and I was like, "wait, my Ford has that!" A friend watching with me didn't believe me. I think people don't know just now much tech Ford was putting into their cars even then.

It's something that's come up a few times with Tesla "innovations" - I see it and think, "wait, they are just getting that now?"
My 2003 Passat wagon has rain-sensing wiper. They work well.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Stuff like that happens all the time, although it is normally the bigger company making the announcement years later as if they were the first... although I guess if you look at market cap, Tesla is the bigger company.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

A somewhat off-topic question for you and anyone else with a Fusion Energi. Is there a limit to what it will tell you the MPG is on the instrument cluster? My wife has been working from home - so much so that we have only put gas in the car ONCE this entire year. She just runs errands and goes to Starbucks. Also now with the Grizzl E it charges more than twice as fast. It is giving us an MPG of now 210 MPG. Our previous Energi that was driven more we were always somewhere around 100 MPG. This one keeps climbing as long as we don't use gas.

Reactions: abr

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
A somewhat off-topic question for you and anyone else with a Fusion Energi. Is there a limit to what it will tell you the MPG is on the instrument cluster? My wife has been working from home - so much so that we have only put gas in the car ONCE this entire year. She just runs errands and goes to Starbucks. Also now with the Grizzl E it charges more than twice as fast. It is giving us an MPG of now 210 MPG. Our previous Energi that was driven more we were always somewhere around 100 MPG. This one keeps climbing as long as we don't use gas.
Same here. If you never add / use gas . . . the miles per gallon of GAS continues to climb. I don't know if there is a limit but my guess is it's 3 digits (999 max??). My wife has a 20 mile one way commute and can charge at home and work. She puts in gas about once a quarter. So few miles on the engine after 2 years (of the total 22k miles) that I finally had to change the oil a few months ago just because I was worried it was too old. Oil was still pristine.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Same here. If you never add / use gas . . . the miles per gallon of GAS continues to climb. I don't know if there is a limit but my guess is it's 3 digits (999 max??). My wife has a 20 mile one way commute and can charge at home and work. She puts in gas about once a quarter. So few miles on the engine after 2 years (of the total 22k miles) that I finally had to change the oil a few months ago just because I was worried it was too old. Oil was still pristine.
Her car is going to be a year old this December with right now 5,500 miles on it, and I thought . . . I better change the oil anyway. So you think not? I am guessing that 80% at least of those miles are all electric.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Her car is going to be a year old this December with right now 5,500 miles on it, and I thought . . . I better change the oil anyway. So you think not? I am guessing that 80% at least of those miles are all electric.
Probably should change it once a year or so, no matter the mileage, but I'm not an automotive engineer . . . :rolleyes:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. I didn't expect it would be that significant when we got our Escapes, but it's literally the only way we open the liftgate 99% of the time. The fob stays in the pocket, and we almost never hit the button on the outside (although we do use the CLOSE button on the inside of the liftgate often).

The feature we virtually never use is parallel parking. That's the one that seemed like it would be really cool, but we're rarely in position to need it. And even when we are, I usually manually parallel park because I forget to hit the button in time to scan the opening until I'm already upon it.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I've seen it read 999 MPGe to mean "infinite" so it can go that high.

There's a setting - I always forget where it is and what it's called - that changes the setting when in EV to one of two modes, one that gives a "true" MPGe without taking into account gas and one that gives an "effective" MPGe that tries to translate it to a gas equivalent or some such. I admit I've never really understood exactly what was going on there and haven't particularly cared. It's explained, I just haven't learned it.

The app reports my last trip was 3.3 mi at 184 MPGe using 0.6 kWh with 0.8mi regen. That's relatively high, TBH - 110-140 or so is more common.
Sponsored