EVMELR

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt 2014 ELR 2017 Volt 2019 ETRON, Prem ExR
Country flag
Just took a 350 mile road trip with speeds from 60 to 80 mph. Seats were very good and ride was also very good. But in town the ride is very bouncy and I am surprised that the Mach-e was designed with this ride. I tried lowering the tire pressure to 36psi but did not make any difference.
Still love the car overall but will be looking at other EVs next year for a second EV, my Audi E-tron rides much better and is much more luxurious but should be for 30K more by MSRP (Disappointing range for the price). I am sure in the next few years big improvements will be made like much faster charging and solid state batteries.
Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 GT500, 17 GT350R, 15 GT3, 00 Lightning, 91 Fox
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
I’ll end up having the GT Performance Edition so springs won’t be an option with Magneride. Personally I hate wheel well gap so whatever ride height makes the tires flush with the fenders is a good height for me, BUT I’ve done that in my current car with springs and it simply rides way too stiff to be enjoyable as a daily driver. I was never able to find a good middle man of good looks and good ride quality so I’ll probably keep my GT stock height
A sporty SUV is what I'm expecting and quite frankly, I don't want/need anything more. I won't be tracking this car but I will be daily driving it, so I want it to be comfortable (and not something my wife complains about the ride quality like she does in my GTI)
Mark is correct in that you can lower the magneride cars without jacking up the suspension calibration. A reset of the ride hight sensors is all you need, and a simple task. The benefit of doing a custom springs you do not necessarily have to make the ride more harsh when lowering it. In some cases you need to increase the rate (stiffen) to control compression. But on a vehicle like this that has an abundance of clearance you have much more room to play with. One of the potential targets I plan to hit is lowering the Mach without stiffening.

Just took a 350 mile road trip with speeds from 60 to 80 mph. Seats were very good and ride was also very good. But in town the ride is very bouncy and I am surprised that the Mach-e was designed with this ride. I tried lowering the tire pressure to 36psi but did not make any difference.
Still love the car overall but will be looking at other EVs next year for a second EV, my Audi E-tron rides much better and is much more luxurious but should be for 30K more by MSRP (Disappointing range for the price). I am sure in the next few years big improvements will be made like much faster charging and solid state batteries.
I think one of the things to consider is the Mach-E still carries the Mustang name. As such the suspension is still geared more toward a sport suv feel. I would assume future EV's branded outside of the Mustang line will have a much more plush ride and options.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In the process of developing a lowering spring for the Mach-E. Needed to get my wheels on first to see the overall change. I Currently have the OEM springs being tested and need to settle on a ride height and rate change.
I have found the Premium AWD Extended Range springs to be fairly firm for the street, but needs a little more for the track. Spring rates appear different across models.
Big question is how much of a height reduction do you think it needs? And would you want them any stiffer? Let me know your model and thoughts.

C8BED405-649B-4ED7-AEB3-D1343D250156.jpeg
DB828B36-DBC6-4CB4-B9B0-FDA43B7AF816.jpeg
B69508AE-C743-4C8B-A5FC-C34A5E3D89D3.jpeg
3FF67912-7A46-4F58-B6CA-642081D3F49E.jpeg
FA60436D-41C6-4924-B051-0F8C5B2226BA.jpeg
0A65F742-231B-4B4D-833A-9050E53BCA33.jpeg
My wife ordered the GTA and wants the height at 8 inches like my jeep. Any ideas on this?

jbotelho15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
I think 1.5-1.75" is ideal anymore than that and it just won't be driveable and also need to know how much lower can you go without needing new shocks? I think 1.5-1.75 you should be fine 1" or less I feel like is pointless with 3" of wheel gap you need as much drop as possible.

Something I would probably like to do is maybe go slightly larger in diameter with tires let's say 255/40R22 maybe for example this would give me a decent sidewall with 22s, and because the overall diameter is roughly 1.3" more this both increases ground clearance around 5/8" and reduces wheel gap by 5/8" combine that with lets say 1-5/8" lowering springs well now you only lost 1" of ground clearance but eliminated 2-1/4" of wheel gap which is perfect in my opinion. The only other thing that would be needed is to recalibrate the speedometer which is something I easily did to my Grand Cherokee in the past with an obd scanner made for jeeps that i bought on Amazon maybe there's one for Ford's?(mme)

All that being said I'm waiting for a decent lowering kit to come out and maybe an option to recalibrate the speedometer before pulling the trigger on wheels

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
My wife ordered the GTA and wants the height at 8 inches like my jeep. Any ideas on this?
See this other post on raising the MachE: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/raising-lowering-the-mache-clearance.4768/post-141284

However, the short answer is that if you want Jeep heights you would need to severely modify the vehicle (lots of cutting and welding) and would sacrifice significant range. If you are looking for an offroad vehicle, I suggest you keep looking.

If you want a very small lift, maybe to 6" of total ride height, it can probably be done with a combination of larger tires and longer springs, but no one has done it yet and everything will be for modders and early adopters for the first few years before real "kits" come out.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
Ok guys, Just got the call. Lowering springs are now in production and I should have them in about 4 weeks! Once on and I get some pics/drive time I can see if anyone else wants a set.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok guys, Just got the call. Lowering springs are now in production and I should have them in about 4 weeks! Once on and I get some pics/drive time I can see if anyone else wants a set.
You already know I want a set....

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
is there any way to tap into the oem system for color control?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I basically curious if there was a way to buy like a rgb strip, and attach that to the sync system. so when u change the oem ambient light color, the strip will match it.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I basically curious if there was a way to buy like a rgb strip, and attach that to the sync system. so when u change the oem ambient light color, the strip will match it.
Not sure what this has to do with this thread Lowering Spring Development for the Mach-E. However, to answer your question, I have not seen or read of any RGB LED strip that you can hook up to the Sync system to match the the OEM ambient light that you choose. I keep my ambient light set on Ice Blue so the ambient lighting I added in the rear doors match that color.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
I know a few had mentioned a fear of lowering their Mach-E. I got both my cars together today and snapped a couple pics. At least some of you will understand why lowering my Mach-E leaves me without any fear after driving the GT500 around for 10k miles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development 8F9ACF4F-F62A-4F9C-8DD6-E0EA1F8D2252
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development D0A61E8A-D7F2-485B-A8CC-B48C52B32B55
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Lowering Spring Development 9B0AFB38-99B5-4F6F-AF33-7DA5F7DABB9C

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Not sure what this has to do with this thread Lowering Spring Development for the Mach-E. However, to answer your question, I have not seen or read of any RGB LED strip that you can hook up to the Sync system to match the the OEM ambient light that you choose. I keep my ambient light set on Ice Blue so the ambient lighting I added in the rear doors match that color.
LOL. oops. i must've replied to the wrong thread. my bad.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
LOL. oops. i must've replied to the wrong thread. my bad.
I was actually a little excited to see where this was going. Popped all this popcorn for nothing
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.