Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E: Premium, ER, RWD
Country flag
For reference I came from a 2017 Ecoboost mustang and every time I parked backwards or forwards, my car barely ever moved when I put it in park.

However, my Mach-E gives me heart attacks every time I park it. If I park backwards, it shifts backwards a bit. If I park forwards, it shifts forwards a bit.

Not sure if this is exclusive to Mach-E or heavy cars in general, but I'm not used to it.

I fear that one day I'll hit someone by accident by parking. Can someone tell me what's going on and any fixes / settings are available, if any?

I have the ER, RWD premium Mach-E
Sponsored

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like every automatic Iā€™ve ever driven. Does the MME have a setting to automatically apply the parking brake when shifting to park?
I believe so. It has an "auto-hold" setting. I had that off. I'll turn it on and try it and see how it goes

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I believe so. It has an "auto-hold" setting. I had that off. I'll turn it on and try it and see how it goes
Auto-hold will hold the brake when you come to a stop. But thatā€™s not the same as applying the parking brake when shifting to park. FCA vehicles have this function, but Iā€™m not sure if Fords do.

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Auto-hold will hold the brake when you come to a stop. But thatā€™s not the same as applying the parking brake when shifting to park. FCA vehicles have this function, but Iā€™m not sure if Fords do.
Ahh I'm not sure. I'll look into it then!

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should pop the parking brake on anyway whenever parking. Added step yes, but it's good for safety.
Plus, I believe the Mach E will pop it off when you put the vehicle in "D" anyway.
Will do so then

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Mine seems to automatically apply the park break when shifting to Park if it senses itself on an incline. Can't say I've extensively tested it, but pretty sure it's happening.

I generally always apply the parking break myself, but I've seen it come on automatically...

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine seems to automatically apply the park break when shifting to Park if it senses itself on an incline. Can't say I've extensively tested it, but pretty sure it's happening.

I generally always apply the parking break myself, but I've seen it come on automatically...
That's what I mean. I think the parking break does activate, thus giving the impression that the car "shifts". This "shift" can be felt strongly inside.

I'll have to have my girlfriend stand outside while I park to confirm if it moves an inch or 2. Still worries me each time lol. Just don't want to scratch this or hit anyone else

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Just apply the parking brake, as others have mentioned, every time you park. You shouldn't leave an Automatic ICE car on an incline without using it, anyway. On those cars it stresses the transmission parking pawl. I'm not quite sure if the same principle applies to battery EVs, but it's good practice. Use it every time.

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just apply the parking brake, as others have mentioned, every time you park. You shouldn't leave an Automatic ICE car on an incline without using it, anyway. On those cars it stresses the transmission parking pawl. I'm not quite sure if the same principle applies to battery EVs, but it's good practice. Use it every time.
Does the Electronic Parking Brake drain battery?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
correct. page 172 of one of the manuals:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E shifts a bit when parking? 1613088251245

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does the Electronic Parking Brake drain battery?
Funny you should ask that question. The battery on my '20 GT500 was draining faster than normal and after about 6 days of not driving the car, the battery would be almost dead. Ford has found that on some vehicles, applying the electronic parking brake after turning off the vehicle effects the Anti-Lock brake module. The fix was to have that module reprogrammed with the latest software and now my car no longer has this issue. I kind of doubt the electronic parking brake and it's associated systems (anti-lock braking) are exactly the same on the Mach E, but just thought I would mention this.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Funny you should ask that question. The battery on my '20 GT500 was draining faster than normal and after about 6 days of not driving the car, the battery would be almost dead. Ford has found that on some vehicles, applying the electronic parking brake after turning off the vehicle effects the Anti-Lock brake module. The fix was to have that module reprogrammed with the latest software and now my car no longer has this issue. I kind of doubt the electronic parking brake and it's associated systems (anti-lock braking) are exactly the same on the Mach E, but just thought I would mention this.
Wow, interesting.
Yeah, I find it absolutely unlikely that it drains any power on this car while parked, or else they'd have something in the manual warning about it. It just makes no sense at all.
Sponsored