Mach-e trims - panoramic roof vs range

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Can confirm. We were facing around 90+ degrees in NJ for a few days in a row, and even a cm or two away you can't feel heat.
How about the light? I'm thinking the sunlight will be much more annoying than the heat.
Sponsored

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
How about the light? I'm thinking the sunlight will be much more annoying than the heat.
Very well tinted. To the point of girlfriend's father not noticing it was glass until I mentioned.

I was going to purchase the roof blocker panel, but after the heat-wave of last week or two, there's no need for it.

YMMV, but I saw no reason to purchase something almost $100 for something I don't even notice.

Unless I look out while parked, I don't notice it. I call it as I see it, and while some parts of the car are less than polished (looks at media options while parked and non working FordPlay) they nailed the roof.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Very well tinted. To the point of girlfriend's father not noticing it was glass until I mentioned.

I was going to purchase the roof blocker panel, but after the heat-wave of last week or two, there's no need for it.

YMMV, but I saw no reason to purchase something almost $100 for something I don't even notice.

Unless I look out while parked, I don't notice it. I call it as I see it, and while some parts of the car are less than polished (looks at media options while parked and non working FordPlay) they nailed the roof.
OK, thanks for the info.

But if you don't even notice the light or the heat, why not just a steel roof? Steel also admits little heat and no light.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
But if you don't even notice the light or the heat, why not just a steel roof? Steel also admits little heat and no light.
it came with the premium, and it's not exactly a time where you can pick or choose options without waiting a few months.

also looks pretty awesome.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-e trims - panoramic roof vs range 1625804359638

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
OK, thanks for the info.

it definitely makes the Mach-E feel more spacious. This is especially true for the back seats. The panoramic roof does also illuminate the interior during the day.

I agree with @idkhow, it is very well tinted.

You don't really notice the panoramic roof from the front seats though. It starts a bit further back than the sunroof on a lot of vehicles, so it's not really in your peripheral vision as a driver and frankly, the sun isn't often directly on you anyway because that portion of the roof is steel and blocks it (though the coating they applied is so effective, the sun isn't bothersome even if it is shining right on you).

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
it definitely makes the Mach-E feel more spacious. This is especially true for the back seats. The panoramic roof does also illuminate the interior during the day.
Yep. In all seriousness, it gives the car a good contrast. Also, even if it's subconscious, it makes it feel more spacious.

It's not tinted so dark where there's no light transmission, it's just... not noticeable.

I find myself forgetting it's there. Does light come in during the day? Yep.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

I agree with @idkhow, it is very well tinted.
This.

I live in a very temperate part of Hawaii. Sunny a lot and just down the road the temps are in the 90s and will be until late October. The roof lets light in, gives a more spacious feel, and doesn’t spike the interior temps at all that I can see or feel.

monolith10101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier
Country flag
We haven’t had any issues with ours in Southern California. I do notice more light inside now that it’s summer, but it isn’t a bad thing at all - and I hate having sun in my face.

We haven’t noticed any heat coming from it, or more heat in the cabin, even when we were in Palm Springs for a few days. In fact, it might be cooler inside after sitting out in the sun for hours than our Forester (and previous cars).

It’s been all upside for us, and I was a little concerned about excess heat and light before we bought it. It makes the cabin feel more spacious, and the kids love it.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
In my ICE Mustang days I stayed away from the glass roof due to weight. I really like it in the MME. It lets in enough light to brighten the interior, no noticeable extra heat and I'm a bit jealous of the back seat passengers since they get the benefit of of the fantastic view

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
it makes it feel more spacious.

Does light come in during the day? Yep.
I do not have claustrophobia; I am equally comfortable in spacious or confined environments. A "spacious" feeling has zero value for me.

As for the light, I much prefer a dark interior when driving. I always close my sunroof cover to keep the light out.

YMMV. Thank you all for the info and perspectives!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
In my ICE Mustang days I stayed away from the glass roof due to weight.
<snip>
Since I ordered a GT-PE I am also staying away from a glass roof due to weight. Less is more. If only I could get CoPilot360 Active 2.0 without the glass roof…
Sponsored