Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I know that the

I know that the Broncos got special walk around some of all the paint colors in the sun and out of the sun, I’m sure that the same could easily be done for us if we asked.

https://www.bronco6g.com/all-bronco-colors-painted-bodies-close-up-walkthrough/

https://www.bronco6g.com/2021-bronco-colors-samples-comparison-cloudy-vs-sunny/
Sure as soon as I get mine I'll post a video.

It will likely be in the sun on a snowy day so it will be white all around it.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Did they turn the sound off on us, or is it just me? No pregame.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sound on now.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
They saved the best for last!

PS20221

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, ordered MME premium, x rwd, in carbonized grey
Country flag
Definitely my favorite presentation of the four.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ron is super tired he is been in meetings all day. I think you guys could tell from his eyes.
They put it out there to pretty much this year is sold out or a little room left.
The demand for the Mache is unreal.

I have the email from Bill ford was pretty cool. Like having a performance car built with economy in mind plus luxury.

Last edited:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Q and A Not all were answered

meaning the time is safe with me :) Would it be possible to get a link to the slideshows that were part of the web series? They should be showcased as part of the presentarion videos edited and posted to Ford's youtube page! Other EV's I've owned have warned against using DC Fast Charge too often to avoid battery damage. What's the story with the Mach-E? Great question - if the panelists dpn't answer it I will ask it aloud at the Q&A at the end!

What will be the discount at DCFC with FordPass, and how much will it cost after our free two years? The FordPass Charging Network offers both L2 (240V) and DCFC charging.

All Mustang Mach-E Customers receive a complimentary 250 kWh of DCFC on the Electrify America chargers when accessing thru the FordPass App. Charging fees will vary by provider.

Is Ford also going to sell the mobile charger separately as an extra charger, and what will be the cost? Additional Ford Mobile Charger (cords) can be purchased thru your local Ford EV Certified Dealer. Pricing will be provided by the Dealer.

Why is there such a big buffer/holdback/reserve in the battery?

I have a question that has not been answered.My wife and I share a phone between us. How can we have the seat adjust between each driver? The Mustang Mach-E has the ability to set-up personal profiles in the SYNC4A systeam for up to (3) users. So by example, user 1 can establish a preferred seat position, mirrors, ambient lighting settings, FordCo-Pilot 360 Technologies (on/off), etc.

Which (installed at home) charger is considered "Level 2"? A Level 2 Charger is is 240V. At home charger can utilize both 120V and 240V outlets. Customers can also choose to install a permenant hardwired L2 charger (240-volts) versus utilizing the Ford Mobile Charger which comes with the vehicle.

Why didn't Ford choose to use heat pump technology for battery cooling? Wouldn't this have helped with cabin heating by scavenging hear instead of using electric strips which drain the battery?

what charging cord/charger will come standard? The Ford Mobile Charger is provided with the vehicle which has both 120-volt and 240-volt capability. Customers can utlize a common 120-volt outlet or 240-volt NEMA 15-50 dedicated outlet.

How much does driving range vary in extreme cold? When will the final EPA test report be know to general public?

Please describe the difference betwen the charging unit that comes with the Mach E and teh optional charger... The Ford Mobile Charger has both L1 and L2 240-Volt at 32 amps. The Ford Connected Charger is L2 240-volt with 48 amps and therefore provides a faster speed of charging due to the amps; wi-fi enabled and interfaces with FordPass App

When will performance data (0-60 times, range, top speed, etc) be released for the GT variant? It's been reported that there will be a GT variant and a GT Performance variant. If accurate, how much of a performance difference will there be between the two?

I am 5'0". Will I be able to see over the steering wheel/dash? If you can drive other Ford cars now then you will have no problem. We make cares to cater to everyone!

when will the ford mach e be available to test drive in dealerships? Yes for sure! The Ford EV Certified Dealers will be receiving their Mustang Mach-E Test Drive vehicles as soon as we begin delivering the product from the assembly plant at the end of 2020. The Mustang Mach-E Test Drive vehicles will be arriving to the Ford EV Certified Dealers at the end of this year.

Thank you again for the 4th and last presentation. My question, will there be OTA updates to improve the charging speed? I thought I read a while back that the existing wiring allows for upping the speed from the 150kw/h to as high as 250 kw/h THe Mustang Mach-E will have the ability to receive OTA updates. Charging Speed is predominantly determined by the charger (volts and amperage). The Mustang Mach-E has hardware and software that permits both AC & DC

Will the divider in the front trunk be removable? if not, why not? The Front Trunk has dividers which are installed at time of vehicle assembly by Ford.

How do you full stop in one pedal? Changes sound? What sound? The AM/FM Radio? The sound the car makes!

One of the biggest advertisable features for Tesla is that they claim to be the safest car on the road. How was the Mach-E optimized for safety in excess of a typical Ford? How do the impact-absorbing SORB areas compare to Tesla? The 2021MY Mustang Mach-E have safety ratings from NHTSA coming post Job#1.

Are the batteries replaceable at life end? The batteries are designed with the intention for them to be recycled.

We’ve recently seen new 0-60 times pop up on parts of the website (but not others). They list the times now as:

* Mach EX 6.1 seconds

* Mach E 5.8 seconds

* Mach E4 5.2 seconds

* Mach E4X 4.8 seconds

Can you confirm these are the correct times? The US Mustang Mach-E 0-60 performance numbers are listed on Ford.com for the following models: Select, Premium, First Edition and California Route 1

Do we know when the charging station will be available for order and the lead time to get it in our hand? For customers interested in teh Ford Connected Charge Station they can pre-order thru their Ford EV Certified Dealers now with estimated deliveries at the end of this year to tie to vehicle deliveries.

Will the First Edition production still start on 26 October? Has the OKTB date changed? The Customers whom has Mustang Mach-E First Edition orders they will slated for priority production.

Can the charger that comes with the Mach-E detect circuit amerage from the outlet and step down if needed. Example I have a 30 AMP outlet will the charger drop from a 32 AMP draw to say a 26 AM draw? Or do I have get an electrician install and outlet? The Mustang Mach-E Ford Mobile Charger is both 120-volt at 12 amps or 240-volt at 32 amps. The charger can adjust to the amperage

Will charging the Mach-E have a taper toward the end of charging and at what SOC will the taper take place? The charge will begin to taper at 80% SOC If we ordered a First Edition back in November 2019, will we take possession before Christmas 2020?

Volkswagen recently announced that they will be offering three years of unlimited free charging on the ID.4 with Electrify America, will Ford be offering something similar? The Mustang Mach-E owners will have access to the FordPass Charging Network which is over 13,500+ charge stations. The FordPass Charging network encompasses multiple charge point operators and customer pay for charge ; rates determined by operator

Can you speak to the range differences between the 3 driving modes? Due to the blending --- Zero difference!

I have 120 in my garage on a 20 amp circuit. What is the minimum upgrade you would suggest to keep the Mach e there? It’s a 75 foot throw from the primary panel in the house, so not a negligible expense. We recommend you work with a certified electrician to assess your at home electrical system.

Will it damage the battery if we charge to 100% with our Level 2 charger on a routine basis? The battery chemistry is not negatively impacted if the battery is charged to 100% via Level 2 charging. If I drive 50 miles a day, is it better to charge daily or every few days? Charging at home is the most convenient form of charging. Replenishing the charge used daily is ideal so that you optimize range available for use daily. my plan is to charge overnight 2-3 times per week

Many reviews have compared the Model Y supercharging speeds as a primary reason to buy compared to Mach-E. Can you explain the primary bottleneck preventing bringing 200kw-250kw charging speeds to the Mach-E? DCFC Charging time comparisons between manufacturers interesting data. Most drivers will not deplete their state of charge to extreme levels and therefore the marginal difference in rate of speed is all relative to amount of charge needed

What about charge times for 240v using at-home versus L2? The estimated charge utilizing 240V 48 amp charger is approximately 30 miles of range per hour of charge.

Will drive modes for winter driving, etc. be coming similar to those launching in other Ford vehicles? The Mustang Mach-E with eAWD is ideal for additional road handling due to all four wheels independently receiving inputs for torque, traction and handling/control.

Could there be a increase in 0 to 60 times and range later with over the air updates? Like what telsa done.

Thanks Why didn't Ford choose to use heat pump technology for battery cooling? Wouldn't this have helped with cabin heating by scavenging hear instead of using electric strips which drain the battery?

Will there be any free charging also like VW is doing with the ID4?

Will you continue to engage with us until the cars arrive? These sessions have been GREAT, but would like to see more!

What does 250 KWh of DCFC equate to? One full charge? Two full charges? More? The 250 kWh of DCFC is approx 3 full 'Fill-ups"; however if your battery only needs 50 kW then you may find more opportunities to use DCFC What is the pull load for this vehicle?

Can I pull a 2,500 pound trailer? The Mustang Mach-E is not rated to tow.

Hi. What is the usable energy level of batteries compared to their total capacity?? is the area of the lithium-ion battery that vehicle operations pull from. The battery’s total capacity includes “buffers” at the top and bottom to protect it from overcharging or depleting completely. These buffers are engineered into the battery’s design With 240VAC and 32A continuous charging capability on my L2 charger how fast will the Mach-E charge (on board charger rate) and how long for a full charge? The 240-volt / 32 amp charger will charge at approx 21 miles of range per hour of charge.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ron is super tired he is been in meetings all day. I think you guys could tell from his eyes.
The put it out there to pretty much this year is sold out or a little room left.
The demand for the Mache is unreal.

I have the email from Bill ford was pretty cool. Like having a performance car built with economy in mind plus luxury.
With the craze and sales that have been seen for the Tesla M3 why is it suggested what Ford is experiencing right now is unreal? If you can sell Tesla's like that you can definitely sell Fords (built ford tough ;) ). Just keep shipping those batteries.
Sponsored