theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
I just leave my key FOB in the car if I know there are going to be people there. I just ignore the alert and seems to work for me.

This is just a quirk.
Sponsored

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I agree with you. But that doesn’t change the fact that $50k+ is expensive for a vehicle, period.
Actually not. With $14k in incentives and rebates it became the cheapest vehicle I bought for the last 15 years. And you may also save on gas and maintenance on top of that. In fact you would have hard time finding anything comparable in that price range today.

TJ-Mach-e

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Merc S550, 2021 MME AWD ER
Country flag
FWIW, I have "ask upon exit" turned off and it only sticks for a couple of weeks and then it starts asking me again. Sort of like the Sirius XM (and other) settings not always saving.
Oh, ok. Well I guess that would be a bug that may be difficult to fix because it may only be affecting a few people.
But I do agree that I am disappointed with the software support and lack of OTA updates when there are a lot of little things that should have been fixed over the time that the MME has been on the streets.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
If you've ever been on an RV forum you know that "too expensive to have problems" is patently false.

It would seem that the more expensive an RV the more problems it has. None of this "I paid over $50k"... more like "I paid over $250k!".

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
The data is indeed overwhelming...

1630196476751.png
Lexus being at the top doesn't imply anything about EVs any more than LR being at the bottom does.

In fact, Toyota has been putting electric drivetrains in mass produced cars longer than anyone on that list.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
One of my younger brothers had one of those. It was ugly in more ways than looks and last I heard about it, it was making rust in a field in NE Missouri surrounded by massive blackberry brambles.
If it’s in NE Missouri, it probably right across the river from me! ?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Actually not. With $14k in incentives and rebates it became the cheapest vehicle I bought for the last 15 years. And you may also save on gas and maintenance on top of that. In fact you would have hard time finding anything comparable in that price range today.
Congrats on living is a blue state. Mine is going to run 52,500 after the federal tax credit.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Lol, Do you have to tap the button every time you exit the vehicle?
if so then your complaint is in fact 100% user error.
The reason why your setting doesn’t stick is because you left “ask upon exit” enabled. If you disable that then whatever you set will stick.
So when you tell it to turn the motion sensor off it will never ask you again and just leave it off.
That setting is is the same menu as the motion sensor, if my memory is correct, it’s right below the Motion sensor off setting.
You are wrong. And wrong in the most tedious way imaginable. I know what I’m doing. It’s a bug. And I’m tired of demonstrating to fools like you that it’s a bug. Ford knows it is a bug. Ford has acknowledged it is a bug. Ford just hasn’t fixed the bug.

I have always kept “ask on exit” disabled. I have always tried to toggle the interior motion sensors off in settings. THAT SETTING DOES NOT STICK. IT REVERTS BACK TO ON WITH EACH RESTART OF THE CAR. INSTEAD OF POSTING A CONDESCENDING RESPONSE, YOU COULD ACTUALLY VERIFY THIS YOURSELF.

And yes, I’m going to be rude because after over a thousand posts on this forum and driving my car for six months, I know what I’m doing and I don’t need to be condescended to.

Last edited:

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
One of my younger brothers had one of those. It was ugly in more ways than looks and last I heard about it, it was making rust in a field in NE Missouri surrounded by massive blackberry brambles.
Its found its true purpose

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Congrats on living is a blue state. Mine is going to run 52,500 after the federal tax credit.
Congrats on living in the US. No tax incentives here, plus the exchange rate don't help.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
My FE was $80,940.85 when converted into freedom units.

You guys have it easy.

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Remember that the tax credit is non-refundable. In other words, to benefit 100% from the $7500 credit, you have to owe at least $7500 in taxes after AGI and other credits AND you have to have paid at least $7500 in taxes. Therefore, it is erroneous to simply subtract $7500 from the price of the car UNLESS you fit the criterion above.

I don't feel the car is too expensive, even if one does not benefit fully from the tax credit. It is high quality. Mine has been in the shop for over two weeks for an issue that could have been fixed in less than a week (according to Mac Haik Ford, it has two bad battery modules). This is a quick and easy fix for technicians who kept up with their training and service departments that prepared like they should have (check out this December 2019 article in which a San Antonio dealership talks about preparing for the new wave of Mach Es). But Mac Haik, along with many others, didn't do their due diligence. This isn't the car's fault.

As for bugs, it depends on the definition. If some of what happens involves our learning curve, we can't include such problems. Settings not sticking certainly seems like a major software issue that needs to be ironed out. However, I partially feel like it could be my own error--that there is a step that I am not taking to make sure the settings stick. I am still experimenting and learning.

I had a Honda Accord before this. I convinced my wife to trade it in for the Mach E. The Accord has software "bugs". The screen randomly turned off/rebooted. It thought a streak of asphalt across the road was something that needed to be avoided (flashed stop and applied the brake), and when I used Android Auto, my phone would heat up and refuse to charge (but my wife had no issue). And Accords have been around for ages--though they keep adding new tech, which all manufacturers do.

Also, I love BMW X1s. I owned one. Those run at least $38-45K. I consider my Mach E as comfortable, if not more, than the 2016 X1 I had.

The only way the Mach E is more expensive (even without the tax credit--NOT REBATE) than other midsized SUVs is if you are using the bottom of the barrel models--less luxurious; slower; less sporty--AND you don't factor in fueling, oil changes, and other maintenance. I never pay for a charge (free electricity from 8pm-6am). And I love that my maintenance will be so much less expensive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DYohn

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
You couold move. And I'd say Arizona is likely just as "red" as Kansas but there are rebates and tax incentives for EVs here, so it's more about the politicians not what side of the aisle they choose.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Cars have an inverse relationship to price and reliability in the buyer's mind.

Someone buying a cheap car often needs it to run every day or they don't get to work. They likely don't have a second or third vehicle. So, yeah, it damn well better work.

Conversely, someone who can buy a Maserati probably has a backup ride.

The MME kind of straddles these lines. I know it's a concern for me because I only own one ride at a time, even if I could afford a second vehicle. The car bricks, and the dealership say's "I dunno", well, I'm screwed.

And MME's have bricked!
Sponsored