Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Why would they give an incentive when there’s zero inventory and the $7500 tax credit still applies?
Yah, especially with the now extended 2023 tax credit until March for the full amount !

I am sure lucky mine is coming in January - not worried about half credit or nothing - mine will qualify for the full amount!

As for Tesla, I think December is their slow sales month and they are throwing in discounts and free charging to push numbers.

Come January, every North American made EV should qualify for the full tax credit!
Sponsored

KadeBR

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 RR Explorer ST, 2021 RR GTPE
Occupation
CDL Hazmat
Country flag
Ford has not said that. The 250kWh are supposed to expire after 2 years if they aren't used. But the expiration date has disappeared from some accounts, so who knows.
Would be great if they didn't expire, there isn't a single electrify charger in my whole state of ND, a option between getting the 250kw at a discount vs a straight 50$ off would have benefited me more.

OP
OP

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
You forgot to mention that you get that world renown Tesla build quality!
Well I have bought 4 new Fords.
2016 Mustang had door alignment issue. Dealer in FL attempted to fix it and it had to go through the body shop for fixing plus PDR.
2022 Maverick had cappuccino swirl paint near the antenna.
2022 Mach E. I do not want to talk about it.
2022 Mach E (another one). I am trying my best not to look for the fault and enjoy the car.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Would be great if they didn't expire, there isn't a single electrify charger in my whole state of ND, a option between getting the 250kw at a discount vs a straight 50$ off would have benefited me more.
A lot of people are in that situation. I got an extra 250kWh, and all 500kWh will expire unused.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I’m seeing inventory at my dealer, but unclear if they are orders. With the price increases and feature deletions, I still don’t see a reason to upgrade my ‘21, even saving $7500 in tax credit wouldn’t help cause it costs $10k more than what I paid for mine last year. I’ll likely upgrade when more substantial features are added.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Yah, especially with the now extended 2023 tax credit until March for the full amount !

I am sure lucky mine is coming in January - not worried about half credit or nothing - mine will qualify for the full amount!

As for Tesla, I think December is their slow sales month and they are throwing in discounts and free charging to push numbers.

Come January, every North American made EV should qualify for the full tax credit!
Nope....GM has already said they think they will only qualify for the 3750 due to the battery materials requirement.

That one's giving me pause because I have a Blazer EV SS preorder. Thinking about letting it go.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Nope....GM has already said they think they will only qualify for the 3750 due to the battery materials requirement.
That's been pushed out until at least March. First quarter GM cars should qualify for the full $7500 (income and MSRP limits still apply).

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
EPA range difference between the two gives the nod to the MY, but real world range testing back in 2021 demonstrated MME goes further in several videos.
I have both model Y performance and MME 4x ER premium. They got very similar range in summer. In winter Tesla is way better.

Model Y long range should be even better.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
You forgot to mention that you get that world renown Tesla build quality!
Much better lately (from last year or so).

Also, Tesla OTA is real. Frequent updates (like twice a month) fixing issues and update features.
Tesla mobile service is great also. If your car has an error, it shows you detailed info, the error is sent to Tesla when you request service, and if possible, they come to your car to fix it.

Good luck dealing with a Ford dealer with any problem.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Not the Lightning Lariat ER or Platinum due to the $80K MSRP limit. Higher end Rivians, either.
Ah forgot - you are correct - forgot about income and MSRP caps for 2023...

It doesn't enter my mind - I have an SR Lariat Lightning and my MME is a base Premium.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Ah forgot - you are correct - forgot about income and MSRP caps for 2023...

It doesn't enter my mind - I have an SR Lariat Lightning and my MME is a base Premium.
I have a Lariat ER that was supposed to be built last week. I’ve not been notified that it’s complete and any glimmer of hope getting it this year is all but gone!

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I don't see why so much emphasis is put on if the MME or MY are cheaper. The difference isn't going to be by a lot, and the MME offers far more. Actual instrument cluster display in front of the driver, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring in mirrors, pretty sure I am missing some others that I see Tesla owners still complain about (do they have 360 camera yet?).

No AA/CarPlay. I know some try to say the infotainment is so good it doesn't matter, but that's an oversimplification. I listen to Podcasts mainly and I can be listening to a Podcast and get in my F-150 and Wireless CarPlay takes over and keeps playing right where I was when listening on headphones. I could go out and do stuff, get out of the truck, and go on listening on headphones. Later I can get in my wife's MME and Wireless CarPlay takes over and things keep on playing.

Like it or not, smartphones are a single device that are useful and already tuned to your preferences and entertainment needs. So having a car that automatically just keeps doing whatever my phone was doing for me is significant. I don't want to change my behavior to make Tesla happy, the Tesla should have the functionality that makes me happy.

You gain better software updates, which I agree with, and Supercharging, which depending on your area may be so jammed up as to be largely useless when you really need it, plus they may be opening up to the MME and others this (coming) year anyway.

Heck, even if the MY is cheaper than the MME, there is so much competition out there, a lot of it still better than Tesla, like the Ioniq5 or id.4 or any number of new competitors, I don't know why people keep making threads that involve Tesla. Sure if it was 2019, but Ford has so many more significant competitors these days. Tesla sales are coasting on word of mouth these days more than capability and these conversations would be more interesting if people acknowledged it.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Interesting development on price. Hopefully puts some pressure on Ford. Doubt it.

Back in ‘21, the MME 4X Premium was around $5k cheaper than the MYLR (depending on paint options). In addition to the MME’s other advantages, the price savings made it that much easier to choose.

At price parity… I still think it’s an easy choice unless you do a lot of road tripping, or you want to pay a lot more for FSD, or you just love the Tesla software ecosystem. Otherwise… damn it’s one ugly car. With a cheap feeling inferior and a tiny steering wheel that corners like a boat.

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
I think you all might be surprised...one of my local dealers (olathe ford) has been advertising several Mach-Es at MSRP from folks that backed out of orders. They have a GT sitting on their lot right now. 72k for a 23 (non PE). That's 10k more than I paid last year. That's a HARD sell, IMO.
Will they SELL it for MSRP, though? When I was looking earlier this year, tons of dealers *advertised* MSRP, but call them up and ask what the ADM was on it, and it was far from 0.
Sponsored

Last edited: