Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Thanks. I wish Ford would allow me to change dealerships and get to better informed dealers. Since this is going to be my first BEV, I will continue reading reviews. Hopefully from actual customers.
I was so lucky to find this forum as I would never have ordered an MME if I had to work only with a dealer. I am 61 but love online shopping, researching and buying online, including big ticket/complicated items. IMO dealers are no help whatsoever and never will be. I am using the knowledge and advice of the insiders and outsiders right here and am actually enjoying the purchase/lease experience because of them!

At the current time, there does not appear to be an attractive lease option available that combines a great interest rate, good residual factor and federal tax incentive rolled into it.
I would be using the options loan with the current Ford $2500 NY incentive if I was taking delivery of my Premium ER AWD now.
I don’t have a build date yet and am estimating delivery by 6/1/21 based on my order date of 10/6/20, so I don’t know which way I will go on the lucky day I take delivery.
If the lease/loan offers remain unchanged on that day, I will go with the option loan for sure. YMMV.
Hi Ho Space White!!
Just a touch of levity. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Will it qualify for the $5000 federal EV grant in Canada? The price is sooooo close!
No. The base price is too high. But the SR Model Y does get the 8k rebate in QC. For people in QC, if you were contemplating a RWD Mach E, the Model Y SR would be a better buy.

If you want AWD and the small battery better get the MAch-E. With AWD and large battery, it comes down to how you option out the vehicle, but in higher trims the Y comes out ahead in price.

I have a Select AWD MAch E on order, so if I went with the Y, I could save 3000$ but I would loose the AWD option.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
No. The base price is too high. But the SR Model Y does get the 8k rebate in QC. For people in QC, if you were contemplating a RWD Mach E, the Model Y SR would be a better buy.

If you want AWD and the small battery better get the MAch-E. With AWD and large battery, it comes down to how you option out the vehicle, but in higher trims the Y comes out ahead in price.

I have a Select AWD MAch E on order, so if I went with the Y, I could save 3000$ but I would loose the AWD option.
From what some Quebecois have posted on here about their winters, should anyone in QC be contemplating a rear wheel drive anything? ?

JoseLuisDeLaCruz

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
CEO and Founder of Parking Heaven
Country flag
Honestly speaking I might be getting a Model Y over Mach-E. Although there are alot of things the Mach-E has I prefer over the Model Y but the Third Row Option (although probably only for small kids which is fine for me), how efficient it is over the Mach-E’s MPGE numbers, the fact that they are known for actually pushing over the air updates that really make the car better, and its a bigger car is definitely making me strongly consider the Model Y. When my lease is up in April if the lease numbers on the Mach-E still suck like they do now I will definitely get a Model Y.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
As seen with the Taycan, those MPGe numbers might not mean anything.
I think the Y and MME will be very close in real world range. 88 vs 72 of course.

But then again a Mercedes and Hyundai don't have the same efficiency.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
From what some Quebecois have posted on here about their winters, should anyone in QC be contemplating a rear wheel drive anything? ?
Yeah. I'm leaning towards the Mach-E. The extra range doesn't do jack for me since my daily commute is 30km round trip.

What I really wanted was a model 3, SR+ AWD, but that beast does not exist.

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
I think the fairer comparison would be between the MME Select. The Premium is a higher trim tier than the Y, no up charge on white seating (1k option for Y), only a small up charge for certain colors (1-2k for Y), etc.
Even then, quality control aside, doing the math I don’t find the SR Y very compelling. After tax credit even the Premium will be a better price point, plus X-plan, Ford incentives will bring that down even more. The Select looks like a downright steal next to the price of the SR Y. Unless your intention is to only drive the car for three years and then return it, comparing the lease on the Y to the MME isn’t really apples to apples.
The Model Y doesn't yet have a base version comparable to the Select.

All Model Ys come standard with the memory power tilt/telescopic steering column with auto tilt-away, 19" wheels, power lift gate, 12 way power driver and passenger seat with memory for driver, power foldaway mirrors with memory, premium stereo, electronic release rear seats, adaptive headlights, panoramic roof, heated front and rear seats, 250kW charging etc.

A base Y would be more equivalent to a Premium, except some of those standard features on the Y aren't available on the Mach E, such as power tilt/telescope steering column, 12 way power seats, 250kW charging or heated rear seats.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'll have to disagree with you there. So far, as far as I know, TFL is the worst experience we've seen. We've seen the plug and charge work seamlessly, and we've seen a few videos where the speed is right on point for that 10-80% in 45 minutes. And I think there's even one video when they figured it would actually take around 40.
I consider the instantaneous drop from 80 kW to 11 kW as 79.99% becomes 80.00% SoC disappointing, and we haven't seen a video where that doesn't happen. The rest I'm willing to cut Ford slack on until we get better software, but not forever.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The Model Y doesn't yet have a base version comparable to the Select.

All Model Ys come standard with the memory power tilt/telescopic steering column with auto tilt-away, 19" wheels, power lift gate, 12 way power driver and passenger seat with memory for driver, power foldaway mirrors with memory, premium stereo, electronic release rear seats, adaptive headlights, panoramic roof, heated front and rear seats, 250kW charging etc.

A base Y would be more equivalent to a Premium, except some of those standard features on the Y aren't available on the Mach E, such as power tilt/telescope steering column, 12 way power seats, 250kW charging or heated rear seats.
or model y does not have a 360 camera view or heated steering wheel here yet. No car will be 100% equal. but to compare as far as you can, yes it would be the 47,000 premium mache correct.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Agreed. Just fyi, sounds like they will be releasing a heated steering wheel now too.
https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tes...g-wheel-model-y-bioweapon-defense-mode-rumors
I have known this. I was waiting for the first person to point this out so I point this out. There are a lot of updates also coming to the mache that the tesla has also. Just FYI that ford has the same chance to update as tesla right? So let's just say ford puts in all that Telsa has and tesla puts all in what ford has. The what? they just put in double pane glass to help with the noise and guess what? It didn't work. Videos on youtube about it.

most complaints made are things that can be fixed or made more comparable via OTA update. Apps can be updated, all modules in the vehicle can be software updated.

Let’s set those OTA fixable items aside. Look at the non-software items in the Model Y vs the Mach-E. The Mach-E wins hands down. Ride quality, build quality, quality of the materials. How many brand new Tesla models require re-work after delivery? A lot. We don’t drive software, we drive vehicles. Ford knows better than Tesla how to build quality vehicles. The rest Ford can catch up on.

How about this one. how much better will Ford's first BEV be compared to tesla? I was waiting to tell you this weekend's great story. My sister's heater pump is not working in her model Y. Yep another fun trip from Louisville to Cincinnati. they didn't have a loaner right away. had to wait 3 hours yes 3 hours for them to have one for her. Did she get a rental yes. she will pick it back up on Friday of next week. So another 2 hour plus trip there to pick it up.

You might not like some of the dealer aspects but in no way is an 2 hour plus trip both ways and 3 hours wait great. 8 hours just to drop off a car.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Let’s set those OTA fixable items aside. Look at the non-software items in the Model Y vs the Mach-E. The Mach-E wins hands down. Ride quality, build quality, quality of the materials. How many brand new Tesla models require re-work after delivery? A lot. We don’t drive software, we drive vehicles. Ford knows better than Tesla how to build quality vehicles. The rest Ford can catch up on.

How about this one. how much better will Ford's first BEV be compared to tesla? I was waiting to tell you this weekend's great story. My sister's heater pump is not working in her model Y. Yep another fun trip from Louisville to Cincinnati. they didn't have a loaner right away. had to wait 3 hours yes 3 hours for them to have one for her. Did she get a rental yes. she will pick it back up on Friday of next week. So another 2 hour plus trip there to pick it up.

You might not like some of the dealer aspects but in no way is an 2 hour plus trip both ways and 3 hours wait great. 8 hours just to drop off a car.
Wow that sounds awful... I'm guessing there wasn't an option for Tesla's mobile service there in Louisville or they weren't willing to pick it up? I'm actually ok with the dealer model ... as long as they are good, don't gouge me and are experienced enough to fix any issues. ? My Lincoln dealer back in CA was awesome, but here in TX not so much sadly... Been in way too many times for the same unresolved issues.

Yep, definitely pros and cons on both sides and ultimately comes down to what each individual values more (I.e. software vs hardware). Unfortunately, I've personally been burned with Ford/Lincoln in the past on build quality when they refreshed their design for the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. Love that car for the car tech (a lot of which is similar or isn't even in the MME like the power tilt/telescopic, rear heated seats, cooled seats, adaptive headlights despite that was back in 2013), slick interior, and smooth and quiet ride which were all factors in why I bought it. In fact I was one of the first to get it back in the day and even participated in Lincoln's live in person feedback sessions with their engineers which was nice that they were trying to get feedback. That being said... dang the were a lot of build (e.g. panel alignment, rattling over time) and software issues which they never fully resolved. Sync touch was horrible and despite their development efforts they had to just scrap it and restart with Sync 3. They also had a lot of issues around their APIM and FCIMs prematurely failing as well. So much so that they had recalls and lawsuits for these issues.

At least with MME they have OTA capabilities for software updates (as long as the CPU, RAM, and storage can run it), so hopefully optimistic that things can improve, but I wouldn't underestimate software development as easy or commodity, or just assume that their hardware is flawless either. The Computer Engineer in me is very curious how truly modular and updatable the software and hardware components are... Particularly as firmware is often difficult and risky to update for large corporate companies (from personal experience developing mobile phone battery firmware and software in the past).

Gonna just wait to test drive the MME and MY live to see how both actually stack up. I'm definitely not a Tesla homer, but I am a tech nerd ? Truly do hope that Ford has done better here as I'd love to see the MME be a huge success and for their stock to rise more as a result ?
Sponsored