John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
If that! IMHO I don't even think it's suitable for kids, but I'm sure someone out there will find it useful.

Dan G

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I consider the instantaneous drop from 80 kW to 11 kW as 79.99% becomes 80.00% SoC disappointing, and we haven't seen a video where that doesn't happen. The rest I'm willing to cut Ford slack on until we get better software, but not forever.
I'll agree we all hope it gets better after 80%, but we were talking about advertised speeds. Of which, Ford has promised 45 minutes from 10-80%. (ER battery) We've seen in a few videos that seems to be the case.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'll agree we all hope it gets better after 80%, but we were talking about advertised speeds. Of which, Ford has promised 45 minutes from 10-80%. (ER battery) We've seen in a few videos that seems to be the case.
I find it a telling omission that Ford never said "we quote 80% because we actively prevent you from DC Fast charging beyond 80% when we force you to AC charging speeds" that's exactly what I'm saying. Something that big needed to be disclosed.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
So, it really does seem like the Model Y standard range RWD announcement along with its $42,000 base price was quite reactionary to the presence of the Mach-E, especially when Elon kept saying that he wouldn't release it because <250 miles of range is unacceptable. Yet, now we have it, and it price matches the Mach-E.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So, it really does seem like the Model Y standard range RWD announcement along with its $42,000 base price was quite reactionary to the presence of the Mach-E, especially when Elon kept saying that he wouldn't release it because <250 miles of range is unacceptable. Yet, now we have it, and it price matches the Mach-E.
Honestly the only thing the Y offers vs the Mach-E at the SR RWD price that would tempt me would be the active en-route battery warmup, but as soon as Mach-E OTAs that feature (I hope it's 1st on their OTA list), that advantage goes away.

Telfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium(soon)
Country flag
I am test driving a Model Y tomorrow just to ease my mind that I am making the right choice. The standard range MY is slightly cheaper than the Mach e premium, a few thousand more when factoring in tax credit. Way closer than it was before though.

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
Honestly the only thing the Y offers vs the Mach-E at the SR RWD price that would tempt me would be the active en-route battery warmup, but as soon as Mach-E OTAs that feature (I hope it's 1st on their OTA list), that advantage goes away.
The standard power tilt/telescope steering column on the Y is nice as is the more adjustable 12 way power seats.

The 250kW peak charging, slower taper, and greater efficiency is also an advantage, especially on road trips. The newly added adaptive headlights on the Y seem to perform well.

Last edited:

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
I am test driving a Model Y tomorrow just to ease my mind that I am making the right choice. The standard range MY is slightly cheaper than the Mach e premium, a few thousand more when factoring in tax credit. Way closer than it was before though.
Does that include X plan pricing for Mach E?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wish Tesla would game the system more. In Quebec you get the state incentive only if the MSRP is under 60k (which the MME is). Doesn’t matter if you put 20k in option after as long as the MSRP is under that amount. If the model Y standard range would let me put as an option the AWD and the bigger battery I would probably have a harder time deciding. For now I’ll stick with the cheapest option!
not anymore has soon has you put AWD on it you're out.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag