First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
My car washing stuff......

Touchless car wash..... 5 minutes and $10 later I'm back on the road.

But seriously great car wash rig. 👍🏻
I just don't have the patience for that lol.

5l2geW-RSjhvlaWcBNykHHgN_h0Fs-X3FMa0DWK4Wlc.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I can't help but wonder how many Yeti products you have bought! ;-)
A few...they send you 4 stickers for every product that you register. The rest of the cart will probably be covered in Apple stickers, I have thousands of them from buying Macs at work.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Chair: $600
Cart: $172
Hose $133
Spray gun: $85
Hose reel: $95
Fittings: $13
Connector hose: $21
Pressure washer: $129
Foam cannon: $27
Orifice: $9
Gallon of foam: $65
Ceramic Waterless: $64
Ceramic spray: $15
Tire shine: $12
Microfiber towels: $22
Total: $1462

This is hands down the best post I've ever seen anywhere on the interwebs. I'll never again feel bad about spending $50 to get car hand washed! 🤣

(I seriously admire your willingness to do all of this 😊)
LoL thanks for tallying that up, hope the wife doesn't see this post! ;)
All of this is a fun hobby for me, I actually watch car washing videos on youtube. Car washing is also kind of a therapy for me. Reminds me that we are quickly running out of car washing weather here in Arkansas...

Ochroma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E ER AWD Premium Infinite Blue
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Any recommendations on how to clean the inside of the windshield without creating tiny micro-scratches that in direct sun make it awful to see through? I'm hesitant to touch my MME windshield after previous experiences on other cars. I've used Turtlewax microfibers with some Windex in the past.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Any recommendations on how to clean the inside of the windshield without creating tiny micro-scratches that in direct sun make it awful to see through? I'm hesitant to touch my MME windshield after previous experiences on other cars. I've used Turtlewax microfibers with some Windex in the past.
I'm not familiar with that - you're saying that you actually scratch the glass? I use whatever glass cleaner we have on hand and wadded up newspaper to clean the inside of the windshield. Never had a scratching issue.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I had my MME ceramic coated and had PPF applied in the front and mirrors which makes washing a breeze. Before I decided to have that done, tho, I signed up and took a class on detailing and polishing from Detail Garage/Chemical Guys. (Got out of my guitar building obsession and now do mostly CNC projects, but wanted to connect better with one of my son-in-laws who's a detailing junkie). The class was very interesting and informative and will be useful particularly on my other car which is not ceramic coated and needs polishing(won't touch the MME with polish).
I use a foam cannon, power washer, 2 buckets, and many of the cleaners, etc. Rewarding, but hard work for a 77 year old:)

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I had my MME ceramic coated and had PPF applied in the front and mirrors which makes washing a breeze. Before I decided to have that done, tho, I signed up and took a class on detailing and polishing from Detail Garage/Chemical Guys. (Got out of my guitar building obsession and now do mostly CNC projects, but wanted to connect better with one of my son-in-laws who's a detailing junkie). The class was very interesting and informative and will be useful particularly on my other car which is not ceramic coated and needs polishing(won't touch the MME with polish).
I use a foam cannon, power washer, 2 buckets, and many of the cleaners, etc. Rewarding, but hard work for a 77 year old:)
It's hard work for a 44 year old! Very cool that you took a class on detailing. Sounds like you could utilize that son in law to your advantage... :D

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
Thought I would make a thread on my car washing stuff. Foam cannons are not necessary, but they sure are fun.

Forgot to get a pic when foaming/washing the MME, but here is the last time I washed my previous Mustang. (Yes, I got that license plate in anticipation of getting the Mach-E, but it worked on the 5.0 too)

View attachment 81391

How often do you wash your car when you take your steps? It seems like a good amount of work put in to make your car shine and I bet it looks just amazing!

I normally will take my car through the touchless car wash in the winter to get the salt off

We had a automatic car wash and on my Tesla (Which I should have known) the machines left swirls in the paint.... Never will I take in another car to those machines.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
How often do you wash your car when you take your steps? It seems like a good amount of work put in to make your car shine and I bet it looks just amazing!

I normally will take my car through the touchless car wash in the winter to get the salt off

We had a automatic car wash and on my Tesla (Which I should have known) the machines left swirls in the paint.... Never will I take in another car to those machines.
It really just depends on a lot of factors - how dirty the car is, how much time I have, the weather forecast, what I have smoking on the pellet grill, etc. With a good wash and wax (ceramic spray) I generally don't have to do the full wash routine that often - just when I want to, which might be once a month or 3 times a month.
And yes, 100% agree about the touchless car wash. Sometimes I'll go through it to knock the major dirt off before I do a real wash. Never use the touch automatics. I remember when I was a kid, we took our Toyota minivan through one and it ripped the side mirror off.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Touchless car wash..... 5 minutes and $10 later I'm back on the road.
Those touchless car washes are very quick and convenient. But there are two things to look out for. 1) Because they don’t actually touch the paint with a wash medium like a mitt or sponge, they don’t clean as thoroughly. 2) To compensate for their more limited cleaning ability, they almost always use high pH soaps. These stronger soaps clean better than pH neutral soaps. But they also degrade or even strip waxes and sealants.

Many people exit a touchless car wash not realizing their wax or sealant has been stripped and their paint is unprotected.

MrMache

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Mach-e 2WD Extended
Country flag
The only thing I do that I haven't seen on here is I have a rim cleaning tool that gets in between and behind the glossy black of the premium rims. Otherwise, no matter how clean I get the front, you can still see brake dust on what should be glossy black. This will become even more important when I get my Nite Pony premium on my 2023 order. I would think it would be a must for those with those (god-awful to me) white premium rims. Just google "rim washing tool" and you'll find a few. The one pictured is from amazon, and is the one I use.

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 11.24.56 AM.png

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
It's hard work for a 44 year old! Very cool that you took a class on detailing. Sounds like you could utilize that son in law to your advantage... :D
He does detail our car when we visit-so there's that! The polishing class came free with the polishing kit I purchased, which, admittedly, wasn't a great deal. But I thought I would give it a try.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Here are a couple pics of my detailing set up. If any one has a question about any of the products in my stash, feel free to ask.

BTW, I highly recommend the Griots Garage Detailing Cart. It has all softs of shelves, bins, and trays to organize all of your detailing products and tools. It even has a place to keep and prop up your iPhone. I also like how it has brakes on two of the wheels. If your driveway has a slope, just set the brakes and the cart won't unexpectedly roll away as you are applying your ceramic coating :rolleyes: .
Ford Mustang Mach-E My car washing stuff IMG_4177
Ford Mustang Mach-E My car washing stuff IMG_4179

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
believe it or not, newspaper and hot water.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I also use a high powered leaf blower. After that, I open the doors, frunk, and trunk and dry out the crevices. I use a Stihl BR 800 backpack blower but just got a Ryobi 40v battery powered blower that should do the trick nicely. It's pretty powerful for a battery blower and quiet as well.
Excellent deal on it right now at home depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-4...-0-Ah-Batteries-Charger-RY404100VNM/314600140
Yeah, I use an electric leaf blower too when drying the car, much less noise than a gas blower and zero maintenance.
Sponsored