My Ford Dealer sold me $5000 premium maintenance plan, is it Worth it?

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
If the dealer claimed it to pay for your premium service plan you should have signed one. If they get audited Ford can charge them back if they/we don’t have a signed copy.
The first I've heard about a premium service plan being included in the purchase was in this thread. It was never mentioned during the purchase process, and I have no knowledge that they would claim to pay for this.
Sponsored

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I hate that some dealer did this. The Premium Maintenance plan is over price at $5000. The most that we offer it to our MME customers for is $690 for a 60month 100k coverage (when purchasing a MME from us, other wise this increment would be 798 - which still saves one money) This has value! It will take care of you Inspections, Tire rotations, air filters & if needed brake pads. I bought one for mine Tuesday.
As for the Premium Ford Protect plan. I also purchased one of those because it will take care of all of the technology in my MME. #JustMy2Cents
Multi point inspections and tire rotations are pretty easy to get done for free.

There's no way a mach-e will need brake pads in less than 100k miles unless you drive like a total tit.

You're charging $690 for a few cabin air filters.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
I never go for extended warranties except tire and wheel because of how bad the roads are in Houston (I've made my money over and over again getting this over the years, I probably average about a cracked wheel every other year). For this one, I was sketched out it being a first year model so I extended the bumper to bumper to 6yrs/72k + tire and wheel for $2200. Seems like decent value.

mach_e_kirkiri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Hey guys,

Just bought a mach-e yesterday and I saw this thread. These are the 3 things the dealer added. Do these make sense or should I cancel them?

Club Plus : $1500
MPP Care Maintenance: $1100
MPP Company (some coverage for 84 months/75k miles): $3780

226ra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium (RWD)
Country flag
Hey guys,

Just bought a mach-e yesterday and I saw this thread. These are the 3 things the dealer added. Do these make sense or should I cancel them?

Yes

awiginton

First Name
Alesia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Hi, when I bought my Mach E I was offered the Ford Maintenance plan and thinking that I don’t know what could go wrong to the battery or the computer that manages these… I bought it. It is less than 30 days ago so I should be able to cancel it. I was reading the manual last night and saw that the Battery is actually warranted up to 8 years. So now I’m thinking this Premium maintenance is not worth the $5000 that I bought it for. Did any of you purchase the Premium Maintenance plan too? If so How much?
I bought it too! The finance person said because it was so new, no one really knows what can go wrong - it's also for 100,000k miles. I bought mine in March - probably too late to reverse. Argh!

OP
OP
rnctacardon

rnctacardon

First Name
Rey Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
So that Yes is for keep or cancel?
I cancelled mine. It is prorated if you cancel later. But look at the details of what is already covered with the standard warranty. Its even in your window sticker.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Hey guys,

Sounds like you're not even sure what's covered beyond "some coverage." So why pay for uncertainty? I'd cancel.

MojoWorking

First Name
Mojo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport & MME
Country flag
Certainly cancel any maintenance plan. The dealer network is not making much on the MME so they're adding in maintenance plans and additional mark-ups to increase their profit margins. My dealer wasn't even aware that EV maintenance is vastly different than that of ICE vehicles.

I encourage everyone to do their research on maintenance costs, taxes and fees prior to EV purchasing. My MME purchase included: The MME Premium AWD Price, tags & title and the Dealer Processing Fee (which, no surprise, was the maximum allowable by the State of Maryland).

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So I got my car Friday and they tired to sale me the $4,500 something 100,000 6yr warranty. Told the guy to take that crap right off. Then I get to the finance guy, of course he tries to sell it to me as well. He cuts the price almost in half, I still tell him no, then he said he had some certificate that took off $1,600 that if he did not use it, he would lose it. (I had to sign a paper saying it was being used, so I'm guessing it was not a lie lol) Then I believe he reduced it again, basically he was saying I was getting it at cost, plus the $1,600 from that certificate.

I don't remember the end price, but it ended up increasing my monthly payment by $6. Sure over the entire loan its going to add up, but for $6 bucks more a month I could not pass it up. It is a gen 1, god knows what issues might happen and for $6 a month it was worth it to me.

Also one thing to note... In the US we are still getting the $7,500 tax credit for buying an EV in some way shape or form. The guy did not actually discuss how that worked, but I know in past years my tax program has asked about it.. Anyways, you can actually add the coverage after the fact as long as the 36,000 mile 3yr (or whatever it is) warranty has not expired. So "technically" you could use the tax rebate and purchase the warranty as long as you are not a road warrior with miles.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hey guys,

Cancel.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
PSA for all:

Buy just the MME from the dealer, skip everything and I mean everything else.

Avoid any dealer provided service plans
Avoid VIN etching or security plans
Avoid dealer offered Paint protection (get this from a real detailer)
Avoid scotch guard etc.

Avoid all....

If you want an extended service plan for extra comfort at night while sleeping, I suggest getting it direct from an online dealer like https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com. If you love your dealer and they tell you they are poor, then at a bare minimum have them price match Zeigler or similar with the tax included.

Only get the Ford ESP from Ford and not a dealer maintenance plan or dealers own ESP.

Just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So I got my car Friday and they tired to sale me the $4,500 something 100,000 6yr warranty. Told the guy to take that crap right off. Then I get to the finance guy, of course he tries to sell it to me as well. He cuts the price almost in half, I still tell him no, then he said he had some certificate that took off $1,600 that if he did not use it, he would lose it. (I had to sign a paper saying it was being used, so I'm guessing it was not a lie lol) Then I believe he reduced it again, basically he was saying I was getting it at cost, plus the $1,600 from that certificate.

I don't remember the end price, but it ended up increasing my monthly payment by $6. Sure over the entire loan its going to add up, but for $6 bucks more a month I could not pass it up. It is a gen 1, god knows what issues might happen and for $6 a month it was worth it to me.

Also one thing to note... In the US we are still getting the $7,500 tax credit for buying an EV in some way shape or form. The guy did not actually discuss how that worked, but I know in past years my tax program has asked about it.. Anyways, you can actually add the coverage after the fact as long as the 36,000 mile 3yr (or whatever it is) warranty has not expired. So "technically" you could use the tax rebate and purchase the warranty as long as you are not a road warrior with miles.
Two things.

1) I think if you look into the numbers carefully, you didn't get a maintenance plan for $6 a month, $72 a year. Not possible.

2) The $7,500 tax credit, assuming one has enough taxes to get the tax credit, is not money in your pocket. It reduces the tax you owe. If you don't owe at least $7,500 in taxes, you're not getting a dime back. So let's assume I owe $8,000 in taxes, and apply this credit, and only have to pay $500. I have $7,500 in my wallet (maybe), and you're saying I could use it to buy the warranty. Sure, I could also use it to pay my mortgage, or buy groceries, or ... In other words, it has nothing to do with the warranty, and it doesn't make the warranty a dime cheaper.
Sponsored