kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Congrats! Can you verify whether or not there is a USB data port inside the center console? Thanks.
Sponsored

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
So I'm only on day 1. Took delivery with 18 miles on it and now have 86. The car is amazing! I kid you not we got waved to and honked at twice already. One guy rolled down his window on a 4 lane road (8 lanes total) as we were driving and asked if this was “the electric one”. Big smile and thumbs up.

I'm in SE MI so it's cold here too, in the 20s F. Had the heat set to 68F and auto 1 fan. I left the dealer at 100% it's now at 74%. I've been driving like a jackass for 68 miles so I'm not concerned about the efficiency.

I started out in Engage mode. It's nice balanced drive. I put it in Unbridled mode and whoa this thing is quick! It gets up to speed so fast you have to be careful. Going 45-50 and press it a bit and you're going 60 in no time.

I didn't get to push it hard in the curves yet, I went through a couple roundabouts at a speed faster than I usually do without any body roll. It feels solid.

I think the speed and handling compare to my wife's Explorer ST (400 HP). That car is quick. The Mach-E is just as quick if not a bit faster and it does it without the fake engine noise of the ST.

I had the radio on for about 4 minutes total, the rest of the drive I was just enjoying the silence of the drive. Very little road/wind noise.

Met the GM and sales manager at the dealer. Both said thanks for the business and were very excited about the vehicle. Apparently everyone at the dealer from sales and service was checking it out since it was the first one for them.

There was a rep from Ford there checking it out and making sure everything was good. One of my protection package mats had a defect (white lettering is not completely white the "E" in Mach-E is black), so Ford is sending the dealer a whole new set of mats. Once they come in I'll go back to the dealer to swap out all of the mats.

With the protection package I they just put the cargo cover mat on top of the 'floor' piece. So no parts were removed.

So fun to drive! I agree that the one pedal drive takes a few minutes to figure out, but it’s cool!!

My salesman did not know about Ford Options. So I sent them the info and where they could find it on their own too. So I got it done, 48 months x 12k miles.

195D2746-E6AF-49D4-93A8-7488CF2C9358.jpeg
0A191D8E-CE63-4857-84A1-635A11299643.jpeg
8B4D5917-8C70-431E-BAF4-778C9EABFFFC.jpeg
D8B22B60-BEBC-4040-8165-6AF24951E9FA.jpeg
478E6759-3AA3-41C8-81CB-89FE6BB6E5AA.jpeg
4A8A1E3E-3CDA-4E6B-8BE2-C5502CCF9304.jpeg
Congratulations, looks fantastic, enjoy the ride

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This issue here being whether regenerative braking exists at 100% user SOC. For some brands there is no regenerative braking in this condition.
Right. But it sounds like Ford likely allows some regen into the battery pack even when it reports a usable battery level of 100%. That probably means that it allows a little bit of charging beyond the "usable" level for this.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
No option given to purchase at delivery. That is basically the point of the $100 Early Adopter Incentive is acknowledging you have the hardware but need to wait for the OTA availability and pricing when it finally becomes available later 2021. Estimated cost was published at $600 but that may change when it is rolled out.
Understand the $100 incentive, and thought they would try to sell it and get you to commit to it at time of purchase of the car. Looks like I was incorrect. Thank you for the info!

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Right. But it sounds like Ford likely allows some regen into the battery pack even when it reports a usable battery level of 100%. That probably means that it allows a little bit of charging beyond the "usable" level for this.
When I test drove a Model 3, it wasn't at 100% charge, and I pretty quickly got used to one pedal driving. I dropped off the 3 and got in a Y at 100% charge, and almost blew through a traffic light because one pedal driving didn't work at 100% charge. There was a warning message about it, but it is easy to miss when there isn't a screen right in front of you.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
When I test drove a Model 3, it wasn't at 100% charge, and I pretty quickly got used to one pedal driving. I dropped off the 3 and got in a Y at 100% charge, and almost blew through a traffic light because one pedal driving didn't work at 100% charge. There was a warning message about it, but it is easy to miss when there isn't a screen right in front of you.
Yeah, that's the case in a lot of electrified cars. That's why I was eager to hear if the MME behaves that way. But it sounds like it doesn't, which is great.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Jeez. Changing expected behavior based on a state that isn't obvious to the user/driver is definitely NOT the way to go.

GMach

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C-Max Hybrid SEL; Jetson Adventure Electric Bike
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Country flag
So I'm only on day 1. Took delivery with 18 miles on it and now have 86. The car is amazing! I kid you not we got waved to and honked at twice already. One guy rolled down his window on a 4 lane road (8 lanes total) as we were driving and asked if this was “the electric one”. Big smile and thumbs up.

I'm in SE MI so it's cold here too, in the 20s F. Had the heat set to 68F and auto 1 fan. I left the dealer at 100% it's now at 74%. I've been driving like a jackass for 68 miles so I'm not concerned about the efficiency.

I started out in Engage mode. It's nice balanced drive. I put it in Unbridled mode and whoa this thing is quick! It gets up to speed so fast you have to be careful. Going 45-50 and press it a bit and you're going 60 in no time.

I didn't get to push it hard in the curves yet, I went through a couple roundabouts at a speed faster than I usually do without any body roll. It feels solid.

I think the speed and handling compare to my wife's Explorer ST (400 HP). That car is quick. The Mach-E is just as quick if not a bit faster and it does it without the fake engine noise of the ST.

I had the radio on for about 4 minutes total, the rest of the drive I was just enjoying the silence of the drive. Very little road/wind noise.

Met the GM and sales manager at the dealer. Both said thanks for the business and were very excited about the vehicle. Apparently everyone at the dealer from sales and service was checking it out since it was the first one for them.

There was a rep from Ford there checking it out and making sure everything was good. One of my protection package mats had a defect (white lettering is not completely white the "E" in Mach-E is black), so Ford is sending the dealer a whole new set of mats. Once they come in I'll go back to the dealer to swap out all of the mats.

With the protection package I they just put the cargo cover mat on top of the 'floor' piece. So no parts were removed.

So fun to drive! I agree that the one pedal drive takes a few minutes to figure out, but it’s cool!!

My salesman did not know about Ford Options. So I sent them the info and where they could find it on their own too. So I got it done, 48 months x 12k miles.

I'm curious as to the sound quality of the B&O sound system?
Is it up to snuff?

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Jeez. Changing expected behavior based on a state that isn't obvious to the user/driver is definitely NOT the way to go.
That's why Tesla tells the user to only charge to 90% SOC, unless you are traveling very far. So really you only get 90% of the battery usage for daily use, if you want regenerative braking for the initial drive. Otherwise you are friction braking those initial miles. You are basically given a battery with little reserve, the owner has to "reserve" the battery themselves.

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Congratulations! Your excitement is contagious. I can't wait for mine. What does got it done, 48 months x 12k miles mean?
I think he is referring to a lease

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Congrats and beautiful color!! So jealous right now, living vicariously through all the owners on this board, please post more pics! :)

How's Sync 4A? Any lag or any other issues? Phone as key working as it should?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Understand the $100 incentive, and thought they would try to sell it and get you to commit to it at time of purchase of the car. Looks like I was incorrect. Thank you for the info!
Or, maybe that dealer just didn't know what they were doing...

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Yeah, that's the case in a lot of electrified cars. That's why I was eager to hear if the MME behaves that way. But it sounds like it doesn't, which is great.
Right, if the battery is truly at 100% charge, there's no place for those electrons to go. Remember that solar car from a college engineering challenge a few years ago that had a hair dryer that they would power when the car generated excess electricity?

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F250, Mach e (hopefully soon!).
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Very nice! Congrats!! Who was your dealer in SE Michigan? Mine is scheduled for delivery to Russ Milne in Chesterfield between Feb 3rd and 9th. Getting really geeked if those dates hold