My Mach-E may have a first! Flat tire...

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
My Mach-E for sure wasn't the first to be delivered. it wasn't the first to have a dead 12v battery. And it wasn't the first to need a new Rear Drive Assembly. But it may have been the first to get a flat tire!

No drama. Woke up and the pressure on the driver side rear tire was 12 psi. Not good. Filled it up and it held at 39 pis for half an hour, so I made an appointment at a nearby Discount Tire, took it in, and got it repaired. The whole process took about an hour and of course didn't cost anything.

I didn't ask what they found. Assumed it was a random pice of road debris. I was just relieved to know it wasn't something like two holes which would have required a replacement tire.

One Interesting things was that everyone at the store knew about the Mach-E but no one had seen one. Which given where they work is probably a good thing. :)
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
New rear drive assembly?!?!? o_O

I missed that on the forums...

My Mach-E for sure wasn't the first to be delivered. it wasn't the first to have a dead 12v battery. And it wasn't the first to need a new Rear Drive Assembly. But it may have been the first to get a flat tire!

No drama. Woke up and the pressure on the driver side rear tire was 12 psi. Not good. Filled it up and it held at 39 pis for half an hour, so I made an appointment at a nearby Discount Tire, took it in, and got it repaired. The whole process took about an hour and of course didn't cost anything.

I didn't ask what they found. Assumed it was a random pice of road debris. I was just relieved to know it wasn't something like two holes which would have required a replacement tire.

One Interesting things was that everyone at the store knew about the Mach-E but no one had seen one. Which given where they work is probably a good thing. :)

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
The whole process took about an hour and of course didn't cost anything.
"the whole hour didn't cost anything?" Why "of course"? I had similar tire problem - went to Big O Tires few months ago and it didn't cost me anything too, but I thought it because they were the ones who installed all 4 tires previously on that car. Why a random shop would not charge you anything for an hour of work? Or flat tire cases are free everywhere? Sorry for the noob question of course, just thought I need to clarify for future.

OP
OP

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Why didn't it cost anything?
"the whole hour didn't cost anything?" Why? I had similar tire problem - went to Big O Tires few months ago and it didn't cost me anything too, but I thought it because they were the ones who installed all 4 tires on that car.
To clarify, it took an hour to have the tire fixed. No idea how much time was spent fixing it other than it was less than an hour.

Discount tires fixes flats and does tire rotations for free. You don't have to have purchased the tires there. Probably the same with Big O Tires. Works out for Discount. I've bought 8-12 tires there, which I might not have done if it weren't for the free rotations. You get used to going somewhere for tires, so it's natural and easy to go back when you need new tires.

Plus the liquor shop is right around the corner, so if you get really bad news ....

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Why didn't it cost anything?
Discount Tire does flat repairs for free at all their locations. Works for anyone, not just if you bought from them.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
To clarify, it took an hour to have the tire fixed. No idea how much time was spent fixing it other than it was less than an hour.
You remember Ferris Bueller's Day off? It actually took 4 minutes to fix the tire, the rest was joyriding and running the car in reverse trying to take the mileage off........ ;)

Reactions: DBC

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
"the whole hour didn't cost anything?" Why "of course"? I had similar tire problem - went to Big O Tires few months ago and it didn't cost me anything too, but I thought it because they were the ones who installed all 4 tires previously on that car. Why a random shop would not charge you anything for an hour of work? Or flat tire cases are free everywhere? Sorry for the noob question of course, just thought I need to clarify for future.
i had a tire shop fix my flat last year and they did not charge me anything - they said - come back and buy new tires from us when its time.
Sponsored