bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Does anyone think any OEM adapters will be shipped before April?

I was one of the lucky ones who got an extremely low order number with an Est ship by April 2024. Which seemingly means there are only a couple days left to ship by April 2024.

Unless of course they meant ship by the end of April 2024.
In Ford speak, "April 2024" means they can generate the shipping label on April 30, 2024 and still meet the target.
We've seen it many times before...
Sponsored

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
No way to tell. We don't have any information on how efficient Tesla's adapter producer is. I'm supposed to receive mine in May. But I have a trip coming up in 2 weeks so I went ahead and ordered the A2Z adapter, which I received a week ago. I have another trip at the end of May, but I didn't want to play the guessing game of when the Ford adapter would arrive. I'm happy to have the A2Z adapter while I wait for Ford's.
Same here - May shipping of the Ford adapter is too long for me as I have multiple trips I have to make to my family farm the next 2 months.

A2Z adapter is going to save a LOT of time because the drive from So Calif to Northern Calif has poorly located out of the way EA & Chargepoint stations.

Instead of weaving around off the freeways looking for a working & available charger, the Tesla SC locations are immediately off the freeways and many stalls to choose from!

Just in time - adapter arriving today for my drive to Nor Cal this weekend.

Will make a Tesla SC trip report on my drive thru Central Calif.....

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Same here - May shipping of the Ford adapter is too long for me as I have multiple trips I have to make to my family farm the next 2 months.

A2Z adapter is going to save a LOT of time because the drive from So Calif to Northern Calif has poorly located out of the way EA & Chargepoint stations.

Instead of weaving around off the freeways looking for a working & available charger, the Tesla SC locations are immediately off the freeways and many stalls to choose from!

Can't wait to read the trip report - there seems to be a bit of anxiety right now in the videos I've seen on intruding on the Teslarati's turf. Interested to see what actually happens when the numbers climb. I find it a bit odd to be honest - they've been able to charge at CCS for a long time now, and I doubt any Tesla drivers felt like they were interlopers.

I think the angst - real or perceived - is overblown. :cool:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Does anyone think any OEM adapters will be shipped before April?
I'm below 300 on both my adaptor orders. I have no confidence in Ford or Tesla to deliver on time. Both companies have shown that timetables and deadlines mean nothing to them.

Having a trip in late April, I ordered an A2Z adapter, and have confidence that I will get it in time.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag

I look forward to your trip report.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Can't wait to read the trip report - there seems to be a bit of anxiety right now in the videos I've seen on intruding on the Teslarati's turf. Interested to see what actually happens when the numbers climb. I find it a bit odd to be honest - they've been able to charge at CCS for a long time now, and I doubt any Tesla drivers felt like they were interlopers.

I agree that the angst, real or perceived is overblown. I have zero angst. And if the Tesla driver’s are like the one’s I saw last week when I did my test, they will not even notice or care.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I'm below 300 on both my adaptor orders. I have no confidence in Ford or Tesla to deliver on time. Both companies have shown that timetables and deadlines mean nothing to them.

Having a trip in late April, I ordered an A2Z adapter, and have confidence that I will get it in time.
I'm almost embarrassed to mention my order number.

Without giving the exact number, I'm below 30.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I would only be nervous pulling into a SC where every single stall was occupied by a Tesla. You'd need either the end station to free up, or two spots elsewhere. It's not clear how you would stake your place in line because other Teslas could keep arriving and take a spot where the MachE couldn't reach.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I would only be nervous pulling into a SC where every single stall was occupied by a Tesla. You'd need either the end station to free up, or two spots elsewhere. It's not clear how you would stake your place in line because other Teslas could keep arriving and take a spot where the MachE couldn't reach.
EEEK !
That's a real good point - our Mach E may cause an issue if I end up blocking a stall next to the charger....

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
EEEK !
That's a real good point - our Mach E may cause an issue if I end up blocking a stall next to the charger....
There is no "if" here. At many Tesla Supercharger locations, you WILL need 2 spaces. Period. So you pull into the space you need to, and wait for the charger next to your space to open so you can use that charger. If the Tesla drivers don't like it, they should talk to Elon.

Based on my limited understanding of Tesla Supercharger locations, the majority will have this issue.

tesla-supercharger-hero.jpg

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I'm almost embarrassed to mention my order number.

Without giving the exact number, I'm below 30.
Good for you. If work hadn't of been crazy that morning, I would have been lower. But I'm content with where I ended up.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
There is no "if" here. At many Tesla Supercharger locations, you WILL need 2 spaces. Period. So you pull into the space you need to, and wait for the charger next to your space to open so you can use that charger. If the Tesla drivers don't like it, they should talk to Elon.

Based on my limited understanding of Tesla Supercharger locations, the majority will have this issue.

Ford Mustang Mach-E NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 tesla-supercharger-hero
Based on the photo - looks like I would have to take the charger on the left or park in between the lines ?

And have to possibly climb the parking berm / curb to get close to connect?

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 tesla-supercharger-hero
And this isn't unique to Tesla - I tried to use a new DCFC on my way to Montreal last week that is designed to accommodate two cars at a time. Except when one is an EV9, backed in to the right stall. The left stall was open, but nose-in the cable would not reach. If he had used the left stall it would have been perfect. I would have asked him to move but it looked like his mother-in-law was with him so....not touching that one.

So I waited.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Based on the photo - looks like I would have to take the charger on the left or park in between the lines ?

And have to possibly climb the parking berm / curb to get close to connect?
You ALWAYS have to take the charger on the left, pulling in nose first. ALWAYS. If there is an empty space with no charger on the far right end, you could park there and use the charger on the end, and only take up one space. Otherwise, you are taking two spaces.

In addition, if there are bollards or curbs limiting your ability to pull in, you MAY have to park sideways. You were in a thread yesterday discussing ramps (gave me a laugh), so this is already known by you, no?

Some locations have a charger on the end that is halfway in the space, that would work good. And a few have pull through chargers.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You ALWAYS have to take the charger on the left, pulling in nose first. ALWAYS. If there is an empty space with no charger on the far right end, you could park there and use the charger on the end, and only take up one space. Otherwise, you are taking two spaces.

In addition, if there are bollards or curbs limiting your ability to pull in, you MAY have to park sideways. You were in a thread yesterday discussing ramps (gave me a laugh), so this is already known by you, no?

Some locations have a charger on the end that is halfway in the space, that would work good. And a few have pull through chargers.
If there was a convention established where Teslas would know to always fill in left-to-right, and non-Teslas know to fill in right-to-left. And no leaving empty spaces or starting in the middle for anyone. You'd still get an unused charger when the two sides meet in the middle, but it would be at most 1 for the whole station regardless of how many chargers or the types of vehicles currently charging.
Sponsored