phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have to admit I am truly lacking compared to the knowledge that some of you have......when I bought the c max, I did some research but what some of you know makes me feel like a newbee.........when reading some of the c max forum comments I felt the same.......to be honest, I don't know from air cooled to liquid cooled.......I learn a lot of info at these 2 forums, but it can be confusing........all I know is, if I drive my c max energi today, I come home and charge it and have done that for the last 7 years.......I have not noticed any degrading and/or loss of capacity, ( in fact, this time of year I regularly get 30+ miles on the "big" battery, and yes,, this is a product of driving habits, factored in by the computer)again this might be due to ignorance on my part......please bear with me and others who may not know what you guys do.....keep the info coming....take care
sorry my reply is not to Tim, dbsb3233.......
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have to admit I am truly lacking compared to the knowledge that some of you have......when I bought the c max, I did some research but what some of you know makes me feel like a newbee.........when reading some of the c max forum comments I felt the same.......to be honest, I don't know from air cooled to liquid cooled.......I learn a lot of info at these 2 forums, but it can be confusing........all I know is, if I drive my c max energi today, I come home and charge it and have done that for the last 7 years.......I have not noticed any degrading and/or loss of capacity, ( in fact, this time of year I regularly get 30+ miles on the "big" battery, and yes,, this is a product of driving habits, factored in by the computer)again this might be due to ignorance on my part......please bear with me and others who may not know what you guys do.....keep the info coming....take care
You have far more direct experience than I do, which so far is still zero for me. ? I'm getting all of my info from the internet (these forums, expert sites, YouTube, etc). When I get into a topic like this I tend to go overboard (thus my prolific posting here). But it's also motivated by my planned $53,000 purchase of a Mach-e. When spending that kind of money on a totally new and different type of vehicle, I wanna know all about it, and the pros and cons. But beyond that, I just find it to be a fascinating subject.

Regarding the battery degradation, it's looking like it's pretty minimal. Thus why you're showing none noticeable on your C-Max. It's probably gonna be the same on the Mach-e. Ford has just given us sooooo much lead time to nitpick this thing we're dipping into even minor issues.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You have far more direct experience than I do, which so far is still zero for me. ? I'm getting all of my info from the internet (these forums, expert sites, YouTube, etc). When I get into a topic like this I tend to go overboard (thus my prolific posting here). But it's also motivated by my planned $53,000 purchase of a Mach-e. When spending that kind of money on a totally new and different type of vehicle, I wanna know all about it, and the pros and cons. But beyond that, I just find it to be a fascinating subject.

Regarding the battery degradation, it's looking like it's pretty minimal. Thus why you're showing none noticeable on your C-Max. It's probably gonna be the same on the Mach-e. Ford has just given us sooooo much lead time to nitpick this thing we're dipping into even minor issues.
I agree about the spending of the $$$$, I only paid $40,000 for my house 45 years ago, and even if the $$ has a different "value" it can be shocking to some of us.....I guess talking about the c max, I was hoping my experience might be the same with the mme, I mean if nothing else Ford knows more about EV's now than 2013......as I said keep the info coming, haha....take care

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting. That would add even another layer to the whole equation. I suppose we could call that L1.5. :)

I probably wouldn't do that unless there's some good evidence that it's significantly better for the battery than regular L2 though. I already have 120V in the garage. The main advantage would be not going through the expense of installing a 240V outlet. If there's strong evidence that slower is significantly better for the battery, I'd probably just stick with 120V L1.
Besides that maybe from the cars control we may be able to adjust Amp input like on a Tesla

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I did find this one analysis, that surprisingly shows L1 charging is slightly worse for battery health than L2. But only slightly. And I have to wonder if it might be skewed by the selection of vehicles that tend to use L1 (often older vehicles like Leafs). I doubt many of the newer, bigger-battery BEVs are charged with L1 much.

https://www.geotab.com/blog/ev-battery-health/

ev-battery-SOH-vs-time-levels-updated.jpg
I find that quite surprising. Usually the slower you charge the less stress on the battery, so I would expect L1 to be better for batter health than L2 (although not appreciably so).

Vinsaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD
Country flag
Anyone here have any more information on the 5,000 NJ Electric Car rebate? The MSRP has to be 55k and under. With the price drops - this puts the AWD LR Prem at that price however my dealer is saying Origination and Delivery fees are 1,100 so the MSRP is higher. I am not sure how the rebate works and neither do they.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone here have any more information on the 5,000 NJ Electric Car rebate? The MSRP has to be 55k and under. With the price drops - this puts the AWD LR Prem at that price however my dealer is saying Origination and Delivery fees are 1,100 so the MSRP is higher. I am not sure how the rebate works and neither do they.
Check with NJ dept who offers the rebate, here it's the transport ministry.

Vinsaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD
Country flag
Check with NJ dept who offers the rebate, here it's the transport ministry.
Actually just came across this in their fine print.

The MSRP cap of $55,000 refers to the final MSRP of the vehicle, which is set by the manufacturer, and is intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full. The manufacturer’s MSRP typically includes the costs associated with the trim level of the vehicle with all color options, wheel upgrades, drive train or battery upgrades, and other packages, such as entertainment system upgrades. Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc

This could be great!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

The MSRP cap of $55,000 refers to the final MSRP of the vehicle, which is set by the manufacturer, and is intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full. The manufacturer’s MSRP typically includes the costs associated with the trim level of the vehicle with all color options, wheel upgrades, drive train or battery upgrades, and other packages, such as entertainment system upgrades. Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc

This could be great!
I would think that would mean window sticker minus the exclusions you listed. Random sample:

r-question-buying-new-window-20sticker_zpslrtbulqp.jpg

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

This could be great!
To my understanding MSRP here is the base price of the vehicle and does not include options, and I believe you are entitle to ad up a $10K options and be able to get the incentives.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hoping its as simple as the MSRP on the website which is 54,700.

This site lists all the cars but probably hasnt been updated for the Mach E yet - https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/eligible-vehicles
Yeah I would hope they'll update that list as new EVs come on the market. But this is government, so ya never know. ?

There is a contact email address on that website. Might not hurt to shoot them an email and ask that the Mach-E be added to their list.

richs

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Ls
Country flag
My Take is that the MSRP is the vehicle and options but not destination and delivery. Mach-e is not for sale really so not on the NJ site yet. Also right now you have to apply for the rebate. Next phase to to have dealer take care of the rebate so you would need less upfront money.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
My Take is that the MSRP is the vehicle and options but not destination and delivery. Mach-e is not for sale really so not on the NJ site yet. Also right now you have to apply for the rebate. Next phase to to have dealer take care of the rebate so you would need less upfront money.
I emailed the program administrator and they confirmed that MSRP is the value of the vehicle and does not include D&D fees. Based on the old pricing I had only reserved SR, but with the price reduction I just added ER to my reservation. Very excited!
Sponsored