Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Just placed a reservation for a black GT. I have owned 2 fox bodies one of which I built from the ground up as a drag car with a 347 stroker engine, 1 S197, and 1 S550. Family dictates 4 doors so I can't wait for my Mach E GT!
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt, 2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt, 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt, 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
Just saying hello and watching with interest while considering this vehicle for a daily driver.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Hey there! I'm interested in never having to stand outside in 40F winter rain storm filling my gas tank for the $50 privilege of driving 300+ miles in my city. I want a beautiful looking 300mi ranged EV with 150kW charging speed and AWD, all for $45k. The Mach-E almost hits all my targets so I've put in my reservation!

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Howdy to all! Excited about the new Mach-E, will be watching these forums for the latest info about it and hopefully building a camaraderie with other folks here.

jeff_h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Bolt EV
Occupation
DC Commuter
Country flag
Hi All,

I decided to make a reservation for a Premier RWD SR Star White Metallic. I've had plug-ins for a few years now -

From 2013-2015 my wife and I had his-n-hers Fusion Energi PHEVs, so I could make about half of my commute to work (normally 110-120 miles RT in northern VA), charge near work then drive on EV for about half the way home. We also have his-n-hers 240v chargers in the garage, and the Leviton 30A charger that I bought in 2013 is still fine after almost 7 years, as is the Clipper Creek 15A charger that was added in 2014.

Then in late 2015 I got a 2016 Volt and was then able to make it to work all on EV and charge near work, then make it home on all EV too. I still have that car and our daughter uses it at college.

Then at the beginning of 2017 I got a 2017 Bolt EV, which is not nearly as cool looking as a Tesla M3 (understatement I know) but I wanted something that would enable me to do my entire commute on EV without having to charge near work, and it didn't have a wait list of a zillion buyers like the M3 etc (and the Bolt was a bit cheaper than the M3 as well). But the Bolt has been great and I drive about 4k per month (sometimes a little more, most times a little less) and is currently at 128k so it's time to plan for its replacement. I figure that when the Mach-E would deliver in early/mid 2021 the Bolt will have just under 200k or maybe hit it by then.

So here I am with my Mach-E reservation, and now the wait begins...

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Hi All,

I decided to make a reservation for a Premier RWD SR Star White Metallic. I've had plug-ins for a few years now -

From 2013-2015 my wife and I had his-n-hers Fusion Energi PHEVs, so I could make about half of my commute to work (normally 110-120 miles RT in northern VA), charge near work then drive on EV for about half the way home. We also have his-n-hers 240v chargers in the garage, and the Leviton 30A charger that I bought in 2013 is still fine after almost 7 years, as is the Clipper Creek 15A charger that was added in 2014.

Then in late 2015 I got a 2016 Volt and was then able to make it to work all on EV and charge near work, then make it home on all EV too. I still have that car and our daughter uses it at college.

Then at the beginning of 2017 I got a 2017 Bolt EV, which is not nearly as cool looking as a Tesla M3 (understatement I know) but I wanted something that would enable me to do my entire commute on EV without having to charge near work, and it didn't have a wait list of a zillion buyers like the M3 etc (and the Bolt was a bit cheaper than the M3 as well). But the Bolt has been great and I drive about 4k per month (sometimes a little more, most times a little less) and is currently at 128k so it's time to plan for its replacement. I figure that when the Mach-E would deliver in early/mid 2021 the Bolt will have just under 200k or maybe hit it by then.

So here I am with my Mach-E reservation, and now the wait begins...
Consumer Reports says the Bolt EV is the most reliable Chevy out there. What's been your experience with it insofar as maintenance and cost to own?

jeff_h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Bolt EV
Occupation
DC Commuter
Country flag
Consumer Reports says the Bolt EV is the most reliable Chevy out there. What's been your experience with it insofar as maintenance and cost to own?
I would agree - I had to make a dealer visit at 20k miles because the "service airbags" light came on, which turned out to be a loose wiring harness and was fixed in 15 minutes. After that, I've replaced the cabin air filter myself at 60k (really wasn't that dirty) and *that's all* - I just charge and drive, day after day. I am on a Volt/Bolt forum daily and can't recall seeing any posts from Bolt owners that have had issues, and these days when someone has an issue with his/her car the first place they head is to the internet to vent about it. So the Bolt is really a great car, the only thing I didn't like is that the seats could be more comfy, and that the styling is kinda dorky.

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
newbie here. First electric non hyrbid. Currently own a Kia optima hybrid and its a wonderful car but I needed something a little more exciting that can seat 5 comfortably. This would be my 3rd mustang.

still not sure if i want it in grabber blue since I already own a grabber blue car ( Im married to a 1970 fastback :p) the white looks superb as well...

JoeVinnie

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A newbie here. Put a deposit on a Mach-E. Never had an EV or even a hybrid, but been wanting to move in that direction. It would be a second car, a runabout. Have a Lincoln Nautilus that we use as a towed behind our motorhome. The Mach-E is very intriguing.

Davis

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
New register today from Ontario Canada, so our order process and price points may be different to the US. Looking forward to the Mach E and comparing cost of ownership to ICE

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
Hi! Put in my reservation for the First Edition Mach E on release night. Currently driving the Fusion Hybrid. Bought my last four Ford's (including my wife's C-Max and used C-Max for my daughter) from the same salesman at the same Ford dealer. Doesn't seem to have much info themselves at this point. Always loved Mustangs, but since my first it just hasn't been a practical car for me since I need more room and better mileage (I am in my car a lot). I purchased one of the first Ford Fusion Hybrid's when they were introduced (2010?) because I liked the look and drive feel better than the Camry hybrid and the small Prius. Looking forward to the Mach E!

FusionEnergi

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
I am new to any Forum. But since I placed a reservation for the First Edition Grabber Blue Mach E, I thought I would registered in the forum to get updates and see what you all think. So far I love the look of it. I currently own a fusion energi but the trunk space is horrendous but other than great car.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Just registered today. Long time plugin driver started with the Focus Electric (posted a lot on myfocuselectric.com) started my blog in a contest on that site (start a blog win an EVSE...I won! LOL).
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
(Many posts on that blog lamenting Ford's lack of effort in the EV space between the Focus Electric and Mach-E.)

JeffIsHereToo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shelby GT, Boss 302
Country flag
Jeff here! I made my GT reservation the morning of availability. I’m a forum moderator on the Shelby and Boss 302 forums. Looking forward to learning more with all of you as we did on the Shelby forums all those years ago.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
A couple of years ago, I leased a car telling myself "Last ICE. Next car is going to be electric." but I didn't see anything that really grabbed me. I live near Redmond (home of Microsoft), so every other car in that area is a Tesla. I had a 2003 Mustang GT years ago and loved it, so when I saw the announcement for the Mach E I finally decided to pull the trigger. So now I'll wait here with the rest of you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.