stevenschwartz

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachE GT jeep rubicon
Country flag
Hi folks, charge overnight on 110 while waiting for charger install. Have been using ford charger for this and every time I disconnect I get this:

I push the disconnect button and the charging indicator goes momentarily from blue to white. Can’t find anything else in the manual. Advice appreciated.

Steve

IMG_1575.png
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The disconnect button does nothing unless you are DC fast charging.

The proper way to disconnect the charger is to squeeze the thumb release and pull the charger out.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And probably an old wives tale but when I disconnect I give it a few seconds. Sometimes there are a few relays operating after pressing the release handle and I just wait till they stop before removing plug.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
The disconnect button does nothing unless you are DC fast charging.

The proper way to disconnect the charger is to squeeze the thumb release and pull the charger out.
Yes, this works for both L1 and L2 charging.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You will get that message if the charger is unplugged before your car reacheds the targeted state of charge. It’sa handy message. Imagine you plug in at a hotel to charge overnight and someone unplug your car before it’s finished. Wouldn’t you want to know?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
And probably an old wives tale but when I disconnect I give it a few seconds. Sometimes there are a few relays operating after pressing the release handle and I just wait till they stop before removing plug.
Early on in my ownership, I once disconnected pretty rapidly and got a crackle or snap in the charge port. Ever since then, if my Mach-E has not stopped charging and I am interrupting it mid-charge, I absolutely press down on the handle, wait to hear whatever it is in the vehicle stop the charging about a second later (some whirring noise stopping), and then pull it out.

OP
OP

stevenschwartz

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachE GT jeep rubicon
Country flag
OK, got it - it's just because it has not reached whatever the charge goal is set at - because I'm still on 110, I'm not paying any attention to that. No way I'm getting even close to anything that would be unfortunate.

Thanks all,

Steve

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
My one and only L2 charging error was when I yanked on the connector before pressing the release button. So now I press the release, count to one, and then pull out the connector.

MCarl33

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Premium Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My one and only L2 charging error was when I yanked on the connector before pressing the release button. So now I press the release, count to one, and then pull out the connector.
I called Ford Customer Service on this issue regarding home charging. (L 1 - L2 ) They told me you should stop charging before removing plug. If it is still charging the blue indicator lights are on and blinking go to Ford Pass app and click on charging details. Then click on “Stop Charging “. After a few moments blue lights on charging port will turn white. Then you can pull plug. They did say it won’t hurt anything if you do pull plug while charging but you shouldn’t do this all the time.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I called Ford Customer Service on this issue regarding home charging. (L 1 - L2 ) They told me you should stop charging before removing plug. If it is still charging the blue indicator lights are on and blinking go to Ford Pass app and click on charging details. Then click on “Stop Charging “. After a few moments blue lights on charging port will turn white. Then you can pull plug. They did say it won’t hurt anything if you do pull plug while charging but you shouldn’t do this all the time.
It is totally unnecessary.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Pressing the button on the charging handle will stop the charging process. Ford Customer Service has no idea what they are talking about.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
They did say it won’t hurt anything if you do pull plug while charging but you shouldn’t do this all the time.
I’m sorry, that’s incorrect. You are totally fine pressing the J1772 latch and removing the plug to stop L1/L2 charging every single time. That’s what the J1772 standard was designed for. You only need to stop charging before removal when DC charging (using the unlock button in the charge port).
Sponsored