BATTERIESRIT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Country flag
First time out with our new Mach-E after trip home from the dealership and I hit the one pedal drive slider.
I do not understand the difficulty in mastering it. Maybe I spent more time driving a golf cart.
It works so well for me. I do wonder if the brakes come on or not as there is some concern I may be rear-ended by someone who is cruising along and does not see me stopping at a light due to no braking. I drove for miles of stop lights and never used the brakes.
Well done Ford.
Sponsored

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I gave it a fair try, was using 1PD for a week. It's not difficult to get used to it, but I don't really like the experience. I don't like micromanaging gas pedal while driving, and I don't like stopping experience either. And the other drivers also hate when somebody in front of them coming to a stop slowly.
I turned it off, I feel a lot more in control with a usual setup.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
First time out with our new Mach-E after trip home from the dealership and I hit the one pedal drive slider.
I do not understand the difficulty in mastering it. Maybe I spent more time driving a golf cart.
It works so well for me. I do wonder if the brakes come on or not as there is some concern I may be rear-ended by someone who is cruising along and does not see me stopping at a light due to no braking. I drove for miles of stop lights and never used the brakes.
Well done Ford.
yes took a minute to get it, but it's amazing.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
And the other drivers also hate when somebody in front of them coming to a stop slowly.
I don't like it when the driver in front of me stops abruptly. That certainly seems less safe, and in a gas car, it's less fuel efficient, too.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Well done Ford.
Note a few things:
  1. The brake lights come on in 1-P mode when you're slowing. Thus someone shouldn't rear end you
  2. The car will engage the friction brakes to bring you to a stop (several Ford people reported that in various Q&A's last year). So yes you used the brakes, you just didn't know it (but didn't use the brake pedal)
  3. It is still ok, and recommended, to use the brake pedal even in 1-P mode if the car isn't slowing fast enough (e.g. don't hit anyone)

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Well done Ford.
Agreed! I love it! And I got the hang of it rather quickly too! We had a Tesla first, so I was at least aware of 1PD, but I never drove the Tesla enough to get used to it. I'm coming from a Camry so this was definitely new for me. But I love it, and I am definitely keeping it on!

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Keep in mind that the amount of regen with one-pedal on depends on the drive mode. I've been driving pretty much exclusively in Unbridled mode and, although it took me a while to get used to the amount of regen with one-pedal on, I've found I really like it now
Sponsored