Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
And sometimes it takes 9 or 10 presses. And sometimes it won’t open at all until the front door is opened. It’s like a game! And especially fun when you’ve got guests or an armful of groceries!
Or rain. Really fun in the rain.
Sponsored

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Yeah, people really need to understand how things are supposed to work before they assume something’s broken.
the economy is built on people not knowing how something in their life works. i know a lot about many things, something about most things, but nothing about some things.

also, whatever would we talk about here? 😎

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Your girlfriend will never be able to open the back door, without a fob or PaaK on her person, if you're at the front door, until you open the front door AND you have the car enabled to unlock all doors (considered a safety issue, which is why you can set it to open the driver's door only).

If she has a fob/PaaK, then SHE needs to have it within the 3 feet of the door when she pushes the button. If it's in a purse, and the purse is behind her as she pushes the button, it may not open.
I don’t think I understand what you’re saying. I open the back door first every morning to put my backpack there.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I don’t think I understand what you’re saying. I open the back door first every morning to put my backpack there.
With a fob / PaaK on your body, correct?

Since you haven't responded yet, I'll add this:

Try doing that without the fob or PaaK with you. Won't open.

Now, go do it with the fob / PaaK on you, and have someone else push the button on the other side of the car while you stand next to your door BUT DON'T PUSH YOUR BUTTON YET. They can't get in, AS INTENDED.

Now, push your button, and let them try theirs. If it's set to open all 4 doors, they can. If it's set to open the driver's door only, they can't.

Hope that explains it.

Last edited:

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
You clearly don't spend much time on this forum :)
Just my experience. 3 months PaaK only. If she lights up when I approach, it’ll open on the first press.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yeah, people really need to understand how things are supposed to work before they assume something’s broken.
I didn’t state it was “broken”, that’s an odd assumption on your part. Trolling.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I didn’t state it was “broken”, that’s an odd assumption on your part. Trolling.
I made a general statement responding to Rick. Didn’t mean to offend. Sorry.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
With a fob / PaaK on your body, correct?

Since you haven't responded yet, I'll add this:

Try doing that without the fob or PaaK with you. Won't open.

Now, go do it with the fob / PaaK on you, and have someone else push the button on the other side of the car while you stand next to your door BUT DON'T PUSH YOUR BUTTON YET. They can't get in, AS INTENDED.

Now, push your button, and let them try theirs. If it's set to open all 4 doors, they can. If it's set to open the driver's door only, they can't.

Hope that explains it.
That makes sense. I would expect it to work that way for safety reasons.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That makes sense. I would expect it to work that way for safety reasons.
Apparently not everyone agrees. They expect the girlfriend, fobless, to be able to open the locked door just because they have a fob at their door

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Apparently not everyone agrees. They expect the girlfriend, fobless, to be able to open the locked door just because they have a fob at their door
Maybe if they train the car to recognize that’s their girlfriend and not a carjacker it will work.

OP
OP
circatee

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
I just figured something out. My driver side passenger door, the button NEVER lights up, ever! So, maybe all this time I am thinking the Fob and PaaK isn't working, the real issue is the button.

I just tested it. I walked around the car, with the car unlocked. All the other doors lights (button) were on, except that drivers side passenger door.

So, maybe that's why I need to press the button on that door 4-6 times before it will open the door...
Sponsored