Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You need to get Ford involved. Open a ticket with them and then hammer Ford on their Twitter and other Social Media networks. Once you get their attention, things do happen. I made sure to use the handles of Jim Farley and other Mach-e and EV Ford accounts.
The letter really should be enough. Opening a ticket and signing up for social media accounts in order to get service shouldn't be a requirement. The customer shouldn't have to go through that much effort IMO.

My dealer tried to install BlueCruise back in April and it was unsuccessful. They said they opened a ticket with Ford but now 4 months later still doesn't work. I don't have Twitter or that other stuff and am not about to sign up just so Ford can help me.

My car goes back in on Monday for the repeated front camera fault warnings. Hopefully that can be corrected. (Crossing fingers....)
If not, then I will just keep driving the car with the failed systems. Live and learn I guess. This is the first Ford vehicle that I have purchased with so many driver aids.
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
The letter really should be enough. Opening a ticket and signing up for social media accounts in order to get service shouldn't be a requirement. The customer shouldn't have to go through that much effort IMO.

My dealer tried to install BlueCruise back in April and it was unsuccessful. They said they opened a ticket with Ford but now 4 months later still doesn't work. I don't have Twitter or that other stuff and am not about to sign up just so Ford can help me.

My car goes back in on Monday for the repeated front camera fault warnings. Hopefully that can be corrected. (Crossing fingers....)
If not, then I will just keep driving the car with the failed systems. Live and learn I guess. This is the first Ford vehicle that I have purchased with so many driver aids.
If you haven't already, find out the dealer's owner and contact him/her/them directly. That also helped in my case.

Sleep7

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Doctor
Country flag
You need to get Ford involved. Open a ticket with them and then hammer Ford on their Twitter and other Social Media networks. Once you get their attention, things do happen. I made sure to use the handles of Jim Farley and other Mach-e and EV Ford accounts.
Believe me I’ve tried. By the way ford customer service reps are useless. They also know nothing about their cars . I forgot to say that the service person had no idea what Blue Cruise is!!!!!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If you haven't already, find out the dealer's owner and contact him/her/them directly. That also helped in my case.
For what reason? The folks at the dealership are doing their best. The software keeps failing to install. I am not going to be "that guy" who raises a commotion because Ford can't figure out how to give a free trial of a software package that I have no intention of ever subscribing to anyway. Not really worth the effort IMO. I mean, it is just BlueCruise.....not anything critical or necessary.

Now I would like ACC to work more reliably without faulting out so often. Hoping the new SSM software remedy does the trick. If not, then I will ride out the rest of the year and then offload the vehicle to be someone else's problem.

Sleep7

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Doctor
Country flag
It's not just the blue cruise. My car has not been able to get software updates for over 6 months. The dealerships should have been trained to be able to fix this. If they can't they should contact Ford. This is the future of cars!

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
It's not just the blue cruise. My car has not been able to get software updates for over 6 months. The dealerships should have been trained to be able to fix this. If they can't they should contact Ford. This is the future of cars!
Yep, agreed. I was just passing on what I had to do to get mine fixed. I, too, was unable to get OTA's after the November OTA. I kept hounding my dealership who insisted they had fixed it twice in April. So, I complained often and loudly on Twitter until a Ford representative contacted me. Once that happened, a regional Ford Engineer was sent to my dealer who worked with Ford Corporate Engineering to finally get all the updates installed on my Job 1 (March, 2021 build) Mach-e.

It never should have happened that way. Ford must get their dealers trained. If the F-150 Lightning has any issues like this, Ford will have a real PR problem on their hands which will affect their stock in a major way.

Reactions: RLW

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

6 hours at the dealership and still no luck.
Received a message from the actual technician working on the vehicle. Message said they just opened a case with hotline. He was able to update the front camera and then a driver's camera update popped up and they ran that too. Still no BC though. He requested that Ford check and see if the software is corrupted.

About an hour later I get a message in FordPass saying BC was active so I forwarded to the technician working on the car. He responded about 10 min later to say he just test drove it and still no BC but thanked me for the message. His exact words are "That is a good sign. Ford is responding promptly so we have that going for us. We are going to run donfiguration programming on most of the modules next. Will keep you posted."

They might be close.......
Let's see how this turns out.
🍿:cool:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01 - BlueCruise Programming 1659994777370

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
6 hours at the dealership and still no luck.
Received a message from the actual technician working on the vehicle. Message said they just opened a case with hotline. He was able to update the front camera and then a driver's camera update popped up and they ran that too. Still no BC though. He requested that Ford check and see if the software is corrupted.

About an hour later I get a message in FordPass saying BC was active so I forwarded to the technician working on the car. He responded about 10 min later to say he just test drove it and still no BC but thanked me for the message. His exact words are "That is a good sign. Ford is responding promptly so we have that going for us. We are going to run donfiguration programming on most of the modules next. Will keep you posted."

They might be close.......
Let's see how this turns out.
🍿:cool:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01 - BlueCruise Programming 1659994777370
sooooo close.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
sooooo close.
Yep.
Tech called me from the car a moment ago. He sounds a bit frustrated. I have half a mind to tell him not to stress about it and let it go. I could really care less about BC anyway. But, he sounds determined so I'll let him fight with it for a while longer. At this point, it is about the principal anyway. If we let SkyNet win then we know what our future holds....and it isn't pretty. :oops:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
They got it figured out BC works now.
Apparently it comes with another key fob. I only gave them one fob this morning. I asked the service advisor about the second fob and he said the system said to give me another fob and program it.

Now I have 4 of these. 🤔

20220808_172812.jpg

20220808_175431.jpg

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Apparently it comes with another key fob. I only gave them one fob this morning. I asked the service advisor about the second fob and he said the system said to give me another fob and program it.

Now I have 4 of these. 🤔

Ford Mustang Mach-E Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01 - BlueCruise Programming 20220808_175431

Ford Mustang Mach-E Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01 - BlueCruise Programming 20220808_175431
What? Weird

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
What? Weird
Right? They all work too.
I had previously purchased 2 extra fobs way back when I first got the car. Now they decide to give me another one 18 months later? Maybe it is a test to see if we really intend on keeping the car. Hold out for 18 months and get another fob. I can't wait to see what we get at 36 months. :)

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Apparently it comes with another key fob.
Ummm...say what now?

I can never tell if someone's being ironic or sarcastic. BC needed additional key fob...let me write that one down...I have never heard that one.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Right? They all work too.
I had previously purchased 2 extra fobs way back when I first got the car. Now they decide to give me another one 18 months later? Maybe it is a test to see if we really intend on keeping the car. Hold out for 18 months and get another fob. I can't wait to see what we get at 36 months. :)
Wow! So all this time and you were never getting OTAs? And none of the people around here with FDRS access were able to run your VIN and figure out what might have been going on? I really feel for you. I complained about some of the delays in getting my OTAs and being “stuck” for a while, but what you went through is pretty sad. Sounds like your dealer was supportive though!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ummm...say what now?

I can never tell if someone's being ironic or sarcastic. BC needed additional key fob...let me write that one down...I have never heard that one.
I believe he’s joking slightly about the key fob. Early build MY21s only came with one key fob. A lot of people went out and bought spare fobs on their own. Ford now has an optional customer satisfaction program to give us a second key fob if we want one. Apparently fobs are in short supply, so they aren’t publicizing the program yet. I’m in no hurry to get my fob, so I’ll wait until I need to go to the dealer for something else,, then ask for a fob at that time.
Sponsored