Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Just got my car back from the dealership, after two weeks I have bluecruise enabled. Question for those that also had issues when you go to software updates what is your car saying my still says that the last power up was the 1.71 however I am on sync 4 revision 421 22095. Should I leave the auto updates enabled or is the consensus that everything should be good to go to receive future updates.
I have the same concerns.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Leave auto updates on, and set for 7 day a week updates.

I was fully updated 4/28 at the dealer, and have received two OTA updatesvsince then.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I got 2.8.2 with Blue Cruise working yesterday (May 24). I asked to cancel my appointement for 21G01 but my dealer advised me to keep it since it seems to address more elements than just Blue Cruise. Did anybody else have 2.8.2 and will do 21G01 also? My appoitment is in 2 weeks, I still have time

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I got 2.8.2 with Blue Cruise working yesterday (May 24). I asked to cancel my appointement for 21G01 but my dealer advised me to keep it since it seems to address more elements than just Blue Cruise. Did anybody else have 2.8.2 and will do 21G01 also? My appoitment is in 2 weeks, I still have time
Is it possible that the dealer will be billing Ford for 8 hours of work but only spend a few minutes to make sure you're up to date? Call me a cynic but maybe that's why he want's you to keep the appointment.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Is it possible that the dealer will be billing Ford for 8 hours of work but only spend a few minutes to make sure you're up to date? Call me a cynic but maybe that's why he want's you to keep the appointment.
I know the technical advisor, I would very surprised. But he wasn't sure. But after I read again I don't see anything. Anyway there is the heating problem bulletin that they'll do at the same time and I assume taht 21G01 will take less than an hour since I already have BC.

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got this email from the Service Manager today...

Mr. Thomas -- All the
programing was successful,
our tech took a short road
test & utilized the BlueCruise
system - it is working as it
was designed.

It took a Ford Field Engineer working with Ford Engineering in Dearborn a full day's work yesterday to get it from a stuck 1.7.1 status to BlueCruise. I can only guess the dealership's one EV certified tech did get something accomplished during the previous days before the Field Engineer got involved, too.

Will pick it up later today. Want to thank @generaltso for all the VIN checks to see the status of updates through this 25 day ordeal, @louibluey a local Mach-e owner who offered to do the updates but I deferred determined my dealership do it (dammit!) and a person with connections to Ford who stepped in to get this thing done!

Maybe what they learned from my Mach-e with an early March, 2021 build date, will help others get unstuck and updated to BlueCruise.

Now, the question is, do I leave auto-updates off? Could any OTA updates happening now for people who do not have BlueCruise, screw up mine which already has it?
Hello stmache - My dealership is not much help, I'm stuck on 1.7.1 - can you please tell me what Dealership service department did you go to? Thanks-

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Hello stmache - My dealership is not much help, I'm stuck on 1.7.1 - can you please tell me what Dealership service department did you go to? Thanks-
Koerner Ford in Syracuse. If you call, ask for Pete in Service.

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Does anyone have a URL of the steps to get FDRS setup so I can complete the software updates? Or can only dealers do this?

If so, are there any Atlanta-area dealers that have successfully completed these software updates?

Last edited:

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
NOTE: An interactive Blue Zone map is also in development for the US and is expected to be available to dealers by May 2022
🤔

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
How many "is expected to be available by" deadlines has Ford missed?

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
I just drive my normal route and if BC kicks in then that is great. You will most likely find most interstates and limited access divided highways are mapped for BC. City streets and two way roads will use “Hands On“ lane keeping if they have a painted center line with painted shoulder lines. This is just a guideline I have observed so far.

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I just finished doing this update myself and I am on the last step per the direction to go into the Toolbox tab, and perform 2 hard resets from FDRS main menu. I am not seeing this option anyplace..? Anyone have any tips on where this hard reset option is?

Thanks,

Ken~