Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I thought I hit the jackpot when I saw an email from Ford a few minutes ago, but it was just a sync4a info email.
You got a Sync 4A info email? Boy, you rate! ?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don't have any Mach E news to share.....but I have been on the phone with several different people at Ford and they all have been saying their computers systems are a bit haywire these last few days. I have been trying to follow up and gather information for my fleet orders and other stuff and it's been a hassle. Broken links, permission access issues, resetting user accounts etc. My contact at my fleet dealership says she has been having these issues for the last 4-5 weeks at least.

So, I recommend we all try and have some patience with our dealers. Many of them are in the same boat and are struggling to get complete information. I even had my dealer call me to see if I could look up something for him. How crazy is that?

What does all this mean? My guess is that Ford products are in huge demand right now. Trucks, Vans, Electric vehicles, 4x4s....everything. From what I can tell, they are working very hard to keep up with demand and service their customers. I am a little frustrated that things aren't running as smoothly as possible but in the whole scope of things.......it could be much much worse so I will take some of my own advice and have some patience myself. :)

(Now where did I hide my chill pills.....??)

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
WOW....similar to @methorian, when I checked my Ford Account this morning, my build week was moved up 1 week to 6 Dec (was previously 14 Dec). I'm located in Northern VA. I hope this isn't a mistake. I better get my 2015 Accord detailed, head over to CarMax, and see what they'll give me for an offer. It's getting close now!
Wow, that's amazing news. I'm in Northern VA too, but unlike both of you mine still says Week of 12/20/2020
Could be cuz I changed my color choice after the build week emails went out. Either way I'm just happy to have some date. Already sold our Lexus GS350 to CarMax a few months ago, so we're ready! The pandemic is allowing us to be a 1-car family for now...

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Wow, that's amazing news. I'm in Northern VA too, but unlike both of you mine still says Week of 12/20/2020
Could be cuz I changed my color choice after the build week emails went out. Either way I'm just happy to have some date. Already sold our Lexus GS350 to CarMax a few months ago, so we're ready! The pandemic is allowing us to be a 1-car family for now...
Haha....seems CarMax is a popular choice on this forum!!

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Has anyone online order page changed before getting the email saying you have a build date? Or does the email always come first?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I don't have any Mach E news to share.....but I have been on the phone with several different people at Ford and they all have been saying their computers systems are a bit haywire these last few days. I have been trying to follow up and gather information for my fleet orders and other stuff and it's been a hassle. Broken links, permission access issues, resetting user accounts etc. My contact at my fleet dealership says she has been having these issues for the last 4-5 weeks at least.

So, I recommend we all try and have some patience with our dealers. Many of them are in the same boat and are struggling to get complete information. I even had my dealer call me to see if I could look up something for him. How crazy is that?

What does all this mean? My guess is that Ford products are in huge demand right now. Trucks, Vans, Electric vehicles, 4x4s....everything. From what I can tell, they are working very hard to keep up with demand and service their customers. I am a little frustrated that things aren't running as smoothly as possible but in the whole scope of things.......it could be much much worse so I will take some of my own advice and have some patience myself. :)

(Now where did I hide my chill pills.....??)
Believe it or not, I’m happy to hear this (from a shareholder perspective). I’ll just have to sit and stare at that marshmallow a while longer ?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Believe it or not, I’m happy to hear this (from a shareholder perspective). I’ll just have to sit and stare at that marshmallow a while longer ?
I think what we are seeing is the limitations when a key portion of administrative staff is working from home a portion of the time. Many tasks can be accomplished remotely with great success but there are also intangibles that can take much more time to resolve remotely or are just flat out impossible so someone at the office has to pick up the slack. As much as we like to think that a giant company like Ford would be a finely tuned machine......it really comes down to the people that make up the machine. When you look shore to shore, I don't think there are very many of us that are 100% which isn't surprising considering what we've been through this year....

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I, like many, was hoping for another slug of scheduled cars coming out today. Hoping it is just happening later than last week.
Yeah - I think last week on Thursday this forum was starting to get hot with build date posts by mid afternoon. Not much today - either Ford is behind or taking a a breather and will do a mass scheduling effort next week

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just noticed that the production got moved up one day, winning :)
Date reservation placed: 11/18/2019
Reservation ID number: 10006533

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order Scheduled for Production Date 1604027828327
Yes, when I finally used Chrome to look at this page and could see the date I gained a day too! Not quite sure what to make of the difference between the email saying the week of 12/14 and the reservation page saying week of 12/13.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yes, when I finally used Chrome to look at this page and could see the date I gained a day too! Not quite sure what to make of the difference between the email saying the week of 12/14 and the reservation page saying week of 12/13.
Probably a programming thing with GMT in preparations for the EU/UK buyers. Week of 12/13/20 is the same as week of 12/14/20. 12/13 is a Sunday.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The dates didn't move up a day, it's how the browser is displaying the date format that the Ford API is sending down.

Example: this is the date object that the Ford API is sending the browser. It's the 11/30 date we see in the email.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order Scheduled for Production Date 1604028819291

however once you create a local javascript Date object with that string, it's converted to your browser timezone setting and displayed

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order Scheduled for Production Date 1604028953528

Hence the final display on your reservation page
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order Scheduled for Production Date 1604028986355