Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The dates didn't move up a day, it's how the browser is displaying the date format that the Ford API is sending down.

Example: this is the date object that the Ford API is sending the browser. It's the 11/30 date we see in the email.
1604028819291.png

however once you create a local javascript Date object with that string, it's converted to your browser timezone setting and displayed

1604028953528.png

Hence the final display on your reservation page
1604028986355.png
Now that’sa very well documented answer! Thanks

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I tried to pick up some VINs fron 'Search', but like someone said, it's getting a bit difficult to pull out what you are looking for.

My question: I have a 21 Dec build week and a 3FMTxxxxxxxxxxx70xx VIN for my FE to AK. Using some of your VINs from earlier weeks, what does that suggest the build rate might be for the first month.

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I tried to pick up some VINs fron 'Search', but like someone said, it's getting a bit difficult to pull out what you are looking for.

My question: I have a 21 Dec build week and a 3FMTxxxxxxxxxxx70xx VIN for my FE to AK. Using some of your VINs from earlier weeks, what does that suggest the build rate might be for the first month.
My VIN is 02459 so about 4500 ish serial numbers different than yours. 5 weeks separate our builds so if serial numbers are sequential then it suggests about 900 vehicles per week.

The serial numbers are never completely sequential from my experience...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My VIN is 02459 so about 4500 ish serial numbers different than yours. 5 weeks separate our builds so if serial numbers are sequential then it suggests about 900 vehicles per week.

The serial numbers are never completely sequential from my experience...
63xx and week of 12/14.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
63xx and week of 12/14.
Interesting. Theory holds water still. About 700 serial numbers difference between you two. If your car is Thurs and he is Tue then the guesstimate of 900/week still works. I think.....?

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
WOW!

I just received a phone call from my dealer, Wayne Akers Ford in Lake Worth, FL, which is the first contact I have received.

They said that the Mach-E was going to be scheduled and they wanted to make sure that what I had on file was exactly what I wanted.

There were no changes and she said she would call me back with a build date.

She also said that their dealer demo unit would be in next month and that I was first on the list for a test drive.

Now I am getting excited - looking forward to the email from Ford as well!!!!

Jim

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

My question: I have a 21 Dec build week and a xxxxxxxxxxx70xx VIN for my FE to AK. Using some of your VINs from earlier weeks, what does that suggest the build rate might be for the first month.
That you'll get your car by the spring thaw.

I don't think the VINs are sequential to when the cars are built. My build date is supposed to be 12/14, and my vin is 500 higher than yours.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. It's starting to look like they did a double or triple re-stack. Stacked by FE, Re-stacked by Res Date, then again by Order date, then did a final re-stack based on shipping efficiency. The non-FEs may have been then inserted into the flow to maximize factory and\or transportation efficiency. VINs probably assigned somewhere before the final re-stack.

Efficiency and logistics ain't for amateurs.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That you'll get your car by the spring thaw.

I don't think the VINs are sequential to when the cars are built. My build date is supposed to be 12/14, and my vin is 500 higher than yours.
Would an FE and CR1 have the same serial number sequencing?

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My guess would be the number sequence at the end would be sequential, independent of the preceding letters that indicate the various options. In other words in a production run of 100000 cars, the first assigned VIN would be 000001 and the last one would end 100000. Just a guess, though.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's unclear, but based on the order database here the number of route 1's is only 3%- so only 1500 of the 50,000 total.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That's unclear, but based on the order database here the number of route 1's is only 3%- so only 1500 of the 50,000 total.
Good point. It makes sense that all trims would share the same serial number sequencing. Especially since it sounds like there is only one assembly line.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks!
That makes perfect sense. Also explains why all the VINs so far have the "A" check digit. We will not see any B digits this model year unless something miraculous happens.
Sponsored