Order Scheduled for Production Date

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
No email received from Ford, but Dealer did ask to check in today... Received word that I've been slated for a build week and have a VIN...

First Edition
Order/Reservation #: 19XXX
Order Date: 7/3
Build Week: 11/23
NorCal
Sponsored

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
So, for those of us with 12/21 production starts, I assume we would not get them before the end of the year, so does that impact the $7,500 federal tax credit? Does that reduce in 2021?

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I just got an email saying I was scheduled for the week of December 21st as well. I placed both my reservation and order as early as possible, though I did change from Select to Premium at order time, and added the extended range option after the price drops. Maybe that ended up pushing me back in the queue. A little disappointing, but at least I have a date.

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Hopefully the guys that reserved the first editions will get a production date in November.
I have a reservation for first edition and just received a production date of 12/21/2020

TheBluf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata
Country flag
Premium AWD ER
Reservation: 10005XXX (Reserved during the webcast, order delayed a few weeks because I needed to switch dealers)
So Cal
Build Week: November 30.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
At last, just got the email. Premium AWD Ext located in SoCal. Reso 4162. Build date 11/30.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Should still be in effect for months into 2021.

Just got my email- Nov. 30. Looks like I'll be going with red.

So, for those of us with 12/21 production starts, I assume we would not get them before the end of the year, so does that impact the $7,500 federal tax credit? Does that reduce in 2021?

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
The mystery deepens. I have a Mach Drop order that my dealer hasn’t been able to get a build date on, but I got an email that my original premium that my dealer was supposedly canceling came through with a build week of: December 7th
Premium RWD ER
Space White
NY
Reservation 10XXX
Order Date 6/28/20

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The mystery deepens. I have a Mach Drop order that my dealer hasn’t been able to get a build date on, but I got an email that my original premium that my dealer was supposedly canceling came through with a build week of: December 7th
Premium RWD ER
Space White
NY
Reservation 10XXX
Order Date 6/28/20
I'm in the same boat. My original premium is scheduled for 11/30. I was told I had a mach drop, but no information can be found. I'm going to bank on not getting the FE.

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Premium SR reserved immediately at end of Nov introduction, #10004627. Email direct from Ford just now - Build Week of Dec 21. So much for scheduling based on reservation time. Probably the most frustrating purchase of a car for me - I'd rather just go to dealer direct from the beginning. If Ford thought they were competing with Tesla online sales approach they definitely need to reconsider.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, Edge, Focus, Mach-E reserved
Country flag
Should still be in effect for months into 2021.

Just got my email- Nov. 30. Looks like I'll be going with red.
My build date is Week of Dec 21.
Order date 6/29/20
Premium Extended Range - RWD
Texas

And to answer your question, "According to the EPA, the [federal EV] credit begins to phase out for vehicles the second quarter after the manufacturer has sold 200,000 eligible plug-in electric vehicles." I think anyone in the U.S. who takes delivery of a Mach-E in 2021 will be eligible for the tax credit.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Premium RWD ER
Space White
NY
Reservation 10XXX
Order Date 6/28/20
I am in NY as well. Now I am wondering if the build dates also corresponds with where (state or region) the MME's are heading.

Reservation 71xx
Order date 6/27/20
Build week Dec 7

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
I'm sure my notice from Ford hasn't arrived yet because they are working really hard to move me up to early November ... right?

Pretty disappointed seeing all these FEs so late in the schedule. I really bought in to the idea that ours would actually be "first". I'm a 6396 order number with the earliest dates and had convinced myself it would arrive before Christmas. :confused:
Well, got the email and the week of Dec. 14th as the build date for my FE. Bummer.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Premium SR reserved immediately at end of Nov introduction, #10004627. Email direct from Ford just now - Build Week of Dec 21. So much for scheduling based on reservation time. Probably the most frustrating purchase of a car for me - I'd rather just go to dealer direct from the beginning. If Ford thought they were competing with Tesla online sales approach they definitely need to reconsider.
On a positive note, if this were Tesla you'd really get the vehicle in June 2021 instead of Dec/Jan. I went through it with the model 3 and everyone else has with every model they've released.

Boomerdawg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250 Lariat, 2017 Fusion Titanium Energi
Country flag
Just got my email from for saying that my Mach-e has been scheduled to be built during the week of December 21, 2020. Not sure how to feel since that means I won't get the vehicle until 2021.

Edit: For Context I reserved the Mach-E 1am the night after the Mach-e Reveal (11/18/19). My reservation number is 10007841, and I initially reserved a RWD Select Model, placed an order for the select with Technology package and I changed my order to the premium when ford did the price reduction (6/25/20). I had hoped that by upgrading to the Premium that I could have got the car in December. I'm still happy that I'll get the car by the end of January. I'm in Georgia and my dealership is in a suburb of Atlanta.
Sponsored