Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Two days ago got my email from Ford.
Scheduled for production December 21 2020.
Most likely delivery after the first of the new year.
Almost there. Waited quite some time for this.
Good luck everyone. Share your experiences.
Sponsored

Roentgen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep grand cherokee
Country flag
Just got my email from for saying that my Mach-e has been scheduled to be built during the week of December 21, 2020. Not sure how to feel since that means I won't get the vehicle until 2021.

Edit: For Context I reserved the Mach-E 1am the night after the Mach-e Reveal (11/18/19). My reservation number is 10007841, and I initially reserved a RWD Select Model, placed an order for the select with Technology package and I changed my order to the premium when ford did the price reduction (6/25/20). I had hoped that by upgrading to the Premium that I could have got the car in December. I'm still happy that I'll get the car by the end of January. I'm in Georgia and my dealership is in a suburb of Atlanta.

I am pissed at this point...after reading through some posts.....I reserved on 11/19/19 an AWD premium ..ordered on 6/28/20...100127xx...converted to a first edition during the Ford program.....suffered through finding out the price drop was not passed on to the FE but thought I would at least get a build that was significantly earlier than the premium......i think ford is screwed up because my Premium still shows in the system and was sent an email for a 12/21 build week.....and my dealer tells me my FE is being built week of 12/14.....did not order grabber blue....so i am really not sure what the extra money is buying ...it is certainly not buying the earlier access that i though i would get by getting an FE....

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am pissed at this point...after reading through some posts.....I reserved on 11/19/19 an AWD premium ..ordered on 6/28/20...100127xx...converted to a first edition during the Ford program.....suffered through finding out the price drop was not passed on to the FE but thought I would at least get a build that was significantly earlier than the premium......i think ford is screwed up because my Premium still shows in the system and was sent an email for a 12/21 build week.....and my dealer tells me my FE is being built week of 12/14.....did not order grabber blue....so i am really not sure what the extra money is buying ...it is certainly not buying the earlier access that i though i would get by getting an FE....
Cancel the FE and buy the premium if you don't want the FE model. If you want the slightly higher resale, special stitching and calipers get the FE. Both are scheduled to be built within the first few weeks of customer car manufacturing in a holy mess of a year. Some might call that "first world problems", particularly given how many people are out of work and in danger of losing their homes.

If you're still really pissed show Ford how much and cancel both.

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
1) Build date != date you get your vehicle. 2) FE did get a price drop 3) Ford mixes in variants of each trim at launch. 4) why do you care if a handful of premium day 1 buyers get vehicles at same time? First edition units are still all part of the first batch of units being shipped. Like i said build date is meaningless the delivery date is the only thing that matters.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If early delivery was your reason to switch to FE, you are likely to get both almost at same time plus minus a week or so - question is ado you want to save some $$ and keep the Premium or do you like the FE trim - either way you will get one of them sooner than lot of others

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Has anyone from Florida received a build date?

It would be cool if my order # got scheduled to fill up a carrier coming this way!!!

Otherwise, I guess I am way back in the queue....

Order # 29845 - 01-05-2020 - converted to order online 07-01-2020

Premium - RWD - Extended Range Battery - Carbonized Gray - Black Onyx

It will get here when the Ford Gods of Manufacturing deem me worthy!!!

????

Jim

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Costa Mesa has a unique one. Yea, more getting them up for internet search placement than accuracy or actual availability.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 3.38.41 PM.png
That must be the Shelby version.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I am in the same boat as you, only I don’t even have a build date for my FE. My premium resy is 10XXX from 11/18/19 and although I thought it was canceled... ta da build date 12/7. I really NEEDED her before year end for taxes hence the FE switch. On Thursday I was super pissed. I had numerous calls and emails to my dealer Thursday night and yesterday. You know what-I am a lot less pissed today. Frankly this year sucks. I don’t blame Ford today. It hurts a little bit I will figure something out- Like my family has done all friggin year. I honestly think they probably had to switch things up for a very valid reason. The big three are in a tough spot. I am willing to give Ford the benefit of the doubt if the delays and cray build orders were for a valid business reason. I for one am willing to trust a strong American brand and I want them around for the next hundred years. Hopefully from everything I hear from these road shows...this car is what keeps them there.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Just some advice from a stranger. Do this for yourself, not for Ford. Don't put yourself in a financial bind by buying a brand new car.

If making the purchase in 2020 vs 2021 is a big difference due to the $7500 credit, is there any possibility that you can also qualify for the full $7500 based on your expected income for next year?

If yes, highly likely, then you might consider adjusting your tax withholdings at the beginning of 2021 so that you're effectively withholding the additional $7500 rather than waiting until 2022 to get it credited back.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Has anyone from Florida received a build date?

It would be cool if my order # got scheduled to fill up a carrier coming this way!!!

Otherwise, I guess I am way back in the queue....

Order # 29845 - 01-05-2020 - converted to order online 07-01-2020

Premium - RWD - Extended Range Battery - Carbonized Gray - Black Onyx

It will get here when the Ford Gods of Manufacturing deem me worthy!!!

????

Jim
There are a couple of FL folks with low numbers / res dates that received Dec build dates. We may receive a build date this Thursday! ?

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Just some advice from a stranger. Do this for yourself, not for Ford. Don't put yourself in a financial bind by buying a brand new car.

If making the purchase in 2020 vs 2021 is a big difference due to the $7500 credit, is there any possibility that you can also qualify for the full $7500 based on your expected income for next year?

If yes, highly likely, then you might consider adjusting your tax withholdings at the beginning of 2021 so that you're effectively withholding the additional $7500 rather than waiting until 2022 to get it credited back.
Thanks- I appreciate the advice. I think my point was that I realized my I “NEEDED” the car for the tax benefit in 2020 was highly illogical. As far as I know my taxes in 2021 might be just as high or higher. Who’s to say I might be better off taking the deduction for 2020. I think I was just getting greedy. Did you ever get that counting your chickens thought where you started to feel entitled to something? That’s where I was with my 2020 return. Which is where I think a lot of us were hoping to get a car in literally the last week of 2021. I mean come on-You can’t time that better for the deduction. And I do blame Ford for that a little because they do market the deduction quite heavily. But alas...As Scrooge McDuck will attest.. Gold Fever passes as greed...I can wait a year on the deduction. I will need it then to pay my speeding tickets.

Last edited:

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I really NEEDED her before year end for taxes hence the FE switch.
First of all, sorry that 2020 has been such a bummer for you. It has been for us as well but more of an inconvenience bummer than a super stressful bummer.

If the credit is stressing you out, here is something to think about: Someone else posted that their dealer offered to date the invoice for December. If the invoice says December 2020 and the vehicle is built in 2020 then arguably it's been put into service in 2020. You'd likely lose this argument if it came to that -- and it won't -- but the important issue is that it's "arguable". Not like claiming a haircut as a business expense, which is more comical than arguable.

In taxes you have white and black and grey. The grey area is the "arguable" area. Of course the grey on one side is a much lighter grey than the dark grey on the other side, but so long as you're in the grey area you are OK. This is especially true with the electric vehicle credit because the year the credit is claimed effects the timing but not the amount (versus the haircut deduction which effects the amount).

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Also good advice-From what I can tell my dealer seems very receptive to making a deal. They are a very strong independent auto group in the northeast and I have been dealing directly with the sales manager since day one. They know how to service the customer and I think they will do what it takes to make me as happy as they can. I just wish they had scheduled my FE. The first ingredient they need is the VIN. I don’t think Tesla would even consider what you proposed.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
If you received an email from Ford verifying a car you no longer want or was supposed to be canceled or is a duplicate, please contact Ford HQ directly and cancel it. There not supposed to be any MME’s on car lots and there are a lot of people here waiting for a build date.
I think it’s terrible that dealers are already listing these car on websites like cars.com etc. and none of us have even test driven one.
Sponsored