John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Own)2016 Focus Electric, (Ordered)Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I ordered mine 5 minutes after the window. At noon today I got an email from Ford stating that my FE will go into production the week of November 30.

now I do not if it makes a difference but I ordered immediately after the window opened. My dealer has over 100 MME on order.I also live in SoCal.
Do you mind saying which dealer? I'm also in SoCal and have same build date as you.
I am curious. Did you get your VIN via email from from Ford or from your dealer?
Emailed dealer to get.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Moreover, that’s a good reminder that only the official emails from Ford matter.
What emails from Ford? I think most of us haven gotten zip from Ford about actual order timing or delivery estimates.

Just "contact your dealer".

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I have a build week of 11/30 and build date of 12/1 and live in SoCal. I'd be shocked if I didn't receive this vehicle before year end. Ford needs to make as many deliveries as they can in 2020 to try to salvage an awful year.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Note that this originally didn't apply to Rt 1 and Selects, but someone at Ford marketing made the decision to change those to Late 2020 as well.
I don't think it had anything to do with marketing. If you've skipped reading the epic "update on mach-e" thread I don't blame you, but essentially they are interleaving the different models to balance the assembly line; some steps on certain models/options take longer than others so they interleave different models to let those workstations "catch up". There are also apparently issues getting adequate supplies of some components, although it isn't known which parts those might be it is clear that Ford is juggling a lot to try to get as many cars done ASAP. There is further conjecture that the number of Route 1's and Selects is small enough (based on the order tracking here) that they didn't bother to delay them, which was probably more an upper management call than marketing.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have a build week of 11/30 and build date of 12/1 and live in SoCal. I'd be shocked if I didn't receive this vehicle before year end. Ford needs to make as many deliveries as they can in 2020 to try to salvage an awful year.
Sure, but according to the insiders Ford can treat the car as "sold to the dealer" as soon as it leaves the factory premises. I'm not sure how correct that is.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Sure, but according to the insiders Ford can treat the car as "sold to the dealer" as soon as it leaves the factory premises. I'm not sure how correct that is.
Just looked at Ford's 10K and it is true. But they will still want to discuss deliveries so they'll want to actually get them into the hands of customers.

Screenshot_20201026-155028.png

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
who is your dealer if you do not mind telling.
I have 11/30 with Galpin for my FE

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Hopefully the guys that reserved the first editions will get a production date in November.
I have a First Edition and my week is Dec 14th

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It seems haphazard to us because we have 1% of the information that goes into the scheduling. I guarantee there are a large number of variables that go into the scheduling, and there is zero chance that Ford is doing it randomly. Suppliers, carriers, regulations, inspections, and a hundred other factors have to be juggled.
In the era of transparency, is it too much to ask for a company to explain what goes into the scheduling process? I mean, we’re not talking about state secrets here.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Production Date: CONFIRMED Week of Dec 14th
Order: 100194XX
First Edition Grabber Blue
Reservation date: 11/22/2019
Order date: 6/27/2020

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So far we have 58 orders in the tracking database (out of 345) that have build dates. Based on that what I see is a start of a geographic pattern but that breaks down fairly quickly:
11/11(?) WA-1
11/20(?) Netherlands-1
11/23 CA-2 & OH-2
11/30 CA-10
12/1(?) CA-1
12/7 MI-3 IA-1 IL-1 TX-1
12/14 AZ-2 FL-3 GA-1 IL-1 MD-2 MN-1 NJ-1 TX-1 WA-3
12/21 AZ-1 CA-2 CO-1 IL-1 MA-1 MD-3 MI-1 MN-2 NC-1 SC-1 TX-1 VA-2 WA-2
2/1(?) PA-1
@makooy has indicated lots of November build dates for Dutch cars (not on our sheet)

Each production week is mostly ER with some SR
Most weeks have both AWD and RWD
Most weeks are a mix of Premiums and FEs, with a few CA Route 1s tossed in
I see no selects so far
Order numbers seem to follow no pattern across these weeks.
Color seems to follow no pattern.

So, either build timing is totally random (highly doubtful) or they are somewhat ordered geographically with a mix of build types for line balancing.

As we really don't know details about shipping other than my source indicating they no longer load on trains at Cuautitlan, they may be batching localities for shipment efficiency. Also, build order may not determine shipping order. However, adding the complexity of re-locating cars in a parking lot to pull them out of order seems unlikely.
You can add Northern VA to the 14 Dec list (For me).

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sorry guys this may be hard to take, and piss a few of you off, but I'm obviously excited.

Premium Standard Range RWD
Build date confirmation: Week of 30 NOV. BUILD #20XX for privacy. No VIN yet.
Reservation date: JAN 2020 # 10035XXX
Order Date: 27 JUN 2020,
Dealer confirmed in his system today that above is true with an estimated arrival date between 10-15 DEC 2020.

Guess this confirms that they are mixing in premiums with FE builds and that the build date is going more off the order date than the reservation date. MachDaddy's got a Christmas present coming!
Yes totally curious on the timing with the FE's and your order number in the 1003's

Here are my stats

Production Date: CONFIRMED Week of Dec 14th
Order: 100194XX
First Edition Grabber Blue
Reservation date: 11/22/2019
Order date: 6/27/2020

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I think that I can drive three years for free:

1. I am counting on the $7500 Federal credit.
2. I have very good credit, so I can get a very low rate or 0% loan.
3. With no state tax, I believe that I can drive away with my Rt. 1 Edition for $49K (slightly discounted).
4. I will take meticulous care of my Mach e - driving less than 12K miles/year.
5. Everyone on this forum will agree that the Mach e will be a hot, in demand vehicle for a long time.
6. After 3 years, I sell my Mach e on the open market for $41.5K (or more) and I can break even on my ride! (Private party used cars sell well here since some people have trouble financing).
7. Using all of my incentives, my home charging system will be purchased and installed for $400.
8. The home charger will be a valuable asset to my home and the cost should be more than recouped when it is time to sell.

You don't need to be a banker or a CPA to see that this makes perfect sense.
No way this car sells for $41K after 3 years. Nope.
Sponsored