grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So far we have 58 orders in the tracking database (out of 345) that have build dates. Based on that what I see is a start of a geographic pattern but that breaks down fairly quickly:
11/11(?) WA-1
11/20(?) Netherlands-1
11/23 CA-2 & OH-2
11/30 CA-10
12/1(?) CA-1
12/7 MI-3 IA-1 IL-1 TX-1
12/14 AZ-2 FL-3 GA-1 IL-1 MD-2 MN-1 NJ-1 TX-1 WA-3
12/21 AZ-1 CA-2 CO-1 IL-1 MA-1 MD-3 MI-1 MN-2 NC-1 SC-1 TX-1 VA-2 WA-2
2/1(?) PA-1
@makooy has indicated lots of November build dates for Dutch cars (not on our sheet)

Each production week is mostly ER with some SR
Most weeks have both AWD and RWD
Most weeks are a mix of Premiums and FEs, with a few CA Route 1s tossed in
I see no selects so far
Order numbers seem to follow no pattern across these weeks.
Color seems to follow no pattern.

So, either build timing is totally random (highly doubtful) or they are somewhat ordered geographically with a mix of build types for line balancing.

As we really don't know details about shipping other than my source indicating they no longer load on trains at Cuautitlan, they may be batching localities for shipment efficiency. Also, build order may not determine shipping order. However, adding the complexity of re-locating cars in a parking lot to pull them out of order seems unlikely.
I am very surprised about these numbers. 58 of 345 with confirmed build dates. This can mean any of a few things. There are a lot of people who have just given up on this forum and just can't be bothered in updating their details, Ford and/or their dealers are very slow in giving out build dates or a lot of people have cancelled their orders. Presumably there a lot more orders out there that are not members of this forum but even on Facebook groups there isn't the 'I've got a build date hooray' rush. I am just not seeing the response I was anticipating.
Sponsored

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I am very surprised about these numbers. 58 of 345 with confirmed build dates. This can mean any of a few things. There are a lot of people who have just given up on this forum and just can't be bothered in updating their details, Ford and/or their dealers are very slow in giving out build dates or a lot of people have cancelled their orders. Presumably there a lot more orders out there that are not members of this forum but even on Facebook groups there isn't the 'I've got a build date hooray' rush. I am just not seeing the response I was anticipating.
I thought posted my info last week and didn't see it on the spreadsheet. I updated it last night and hopefully it gets added in. (Update: I think I did it wrong. I found and just entered my information on the questionnaire. Maybe now it will be reflected.)

Last edited:

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Come on....Attleboro?? You're in Rhode Island not Mass :p . Of course I'm just kidding.
Yeah About a mile from the border, :) I'll probably have to take my FE to my dealer's Cranston, RI location, (about 25 minutes) for any service because they're going to be rebuilding the Seekonk, MA location after the 1st of the year. They still don't have a level 2 charger at the Mass location. They use the Nissan dealership just down the road (in RI) whenever they need to charge a car.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Yeah About a mile from the border, :) I'll probably have to take my FE to my dealer's Cranston, RI location, (about 25 minutes) for any service because they're going to be rebuilding the Seekonk, MA location after the 1st of the year. They still don't have a level 2 charger at the Mass location. They use the Nissan dealership just down the road (in RI) whenever they need to charge a car.
I just moved to Northern VA from Boston a few months ago. I miss it tremendously!

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Below the message I got from the dealer where I had to order my Mach E (lease car):
Apologies for the Google translation.

At the moment Ford NL is offering 'them' at the factory and then they are being built for Europe.
Then they arrive in a compound in Europe where they are distributed to the relevant countries where the orders were placed. So it is not the usual route for the dealer to order them from the factory. Because of this we only get a chassis number when they are built. When we know more, I would like to keep you informed.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It looks like last week's batch of scheduling only accounted for about a month of production(11/23-12/21), so there are a lot of us that aren't scheduled yet. We'll see how many get added in this week's scheduling batch.

Wisconsin Pony Gal

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 3 Premium AWD (AKA Lightning!)
Country flag
OK..... There are, no doubt some that have given up on the forum, car or their internet connection. But there's also more than a few of us who are not yet scheduled. Go easy on we poor souls! We are suffering from VIN envy!!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
OK..... There are, no doubt some that have given up on the forum, car or their internet connection. But there's also more than a few of us who are not yet scheduled. Go easy on we poor souls! We are suffering from VIN envy!!
I would love to be suffering from VIN envy. We haven't even been able to 'order' yet. ? ?

Kadaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S60, Zoe R210
Country flag
Below the message I got from the dealer where I had to order my Mach E (lease car):
Apologies for the Google translation.

At the moment Ford NL is offering 'them' at the factory and then they are being built for Europe.
Then they arrive in a compound in Europe where they are distributed to the relevant countries where the orders were placed. So it is not the usual route for the dealer to order them from the factory. Because of this we only get a chassis number when they are built. When we know more, I would like to keep you informed.
Hmm. This is new info. Not a clue what does this mean. Something special only for EU? @trutolife27 any idea on this concept?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hmm. This is new info. Not a clue what does this mean. Something special only for EU? @trutolife27 any idea on this concept?
I think they are doing a different system for the Netherlands. It seems most of their orders are through leasing companies and because of local taxation situation Ford are supposed to be giving a discount and/or are trying to get their cars quicker. If the rumour about the discount are true it will probably be cheaper for Ford to make and ship their cars to arrive this year. As I said in a different thread there is a car carrier leaving Vera Cruz 25 November arriving Bremahaven 15 Dec and Antwerp 17th

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In another post someone indicated the cars are "assigned" to the dealer at the time they leave the factory.

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Now that I have a build date I called my dealer to see if I could get my VIN number and the salesman told me they won't have that information until the car ships. So I called the 800 number listed on this site, to see if I could get my VIN from them and they told me I needed to contact my dealer for that information. I asked them to double check because of what I see here and after a while on hold they confirmed that I needed to contact my dealer. I guess it's back to the dealer :(

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Now that I have a build date I called my dealer to see if I could get my VIN number and the salesman told me they won't have that information until the car ships. So I called the 800 number listed on this site, to see if I could get my VIN from them and they told me I needed to contact my dealer for that information. I asked them to double check because of what I see here and after a while on hold they confirmed that I needed to contact my dealer. I guess it's back to the dealer :(
I wonder if they’re getting too many requests for VINs for the new “Mustang-inspired electric car”?

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
It looks like last week's batch of scheduling only accounted for about a month of production(11/23-12/21), so there are a lot of us that aren't scheduled yet. We'll see how many get added in this week's scheduling batch.
Yep. We don’t know if all the slots in those weeks are full (more might get assigned to those weeks), and we don’t know any delivery dates which may not correspond to build dates. This is such a tiny small sample of thousands of cars.
Sponsored