Order status page - confusing updates

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I hope this team is not in charge of the OTA software system. I'm envisioning Mach E's languishing in garages all across the USA.
The good news is that the Mach-E uses an A/B system for updates. That means the updated software is installed in parallel to existing software, and then switched over. So if there's a major snafu that bricks something, it will be possible to just fail back to the known good version.
Sponsored

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
The good news is that the Mach-E uses an A/B system for updates. That means the updated software is installed in parallel to existing software, and then switched over. So if there's a major snafu that bricks something, it will be possible to just fail back to the known good version.
Has anyone found something in the owner's manual describing how to switch back to a prior version?

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Losing patience waiting for that 3rd green light. ? 3ish more days...

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 4.45.17 PM.png
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates Screenshot_20201208-071431

See, this is what I don't like about reservations site - it makes it look like my next step is to place the order since there's no checkmark on "order". But right below that it says my order was accepted by the dealer ?‍♂

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Has anyone found something in the owner's manual describing how to switch back to a prior version?
No. I would guess that it won't be a manual option for us. It's likely that it will be set to automatically fall back to the prior version if the new version doesn't boot up enough to get to a certain checkpoint.

OP
OP
sockmeister

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates Screenshot_20201208-071431

See, this is what I don't like about reservations site - it makes it look like my next step is to place the order since there's no checkmark on "order". But right below that it says my order was accepted by the dealer ?‍♂
Yep. That was EXACTLY my issue and confusion. Poor UX choices, Ford.....

OP
OP
sockmeister

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
As I posted that, I checked my email and now I have a build week. Woohoo!
That means that the weird missing green check mark on "place order" means that it actually has been placed, after all.

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
When I click on "Reservations & Orders", I get the message:

Oops, something went wrong.

Are they finally updating our status?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

No. They dropped your car.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Seems they're deploying an update. I see the same error, but when I tap the refresh option it is loading. There are some new fields displayed such as A/Z/X-plan pricing. (Currently showing as 20¢. Score!)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Seems they're deploying an update. I see the same error, but when I tap the refresh option it is loading. There are some new fields displayed such as A/Z/X-plan pricing. (Currently showing as 20¢. Score!)
I see that too with the plan pricing - LOL
But its good as it takes away the plan pricing confusion and hopefully clarifies - especially for the FEs

OP
OP
sockmeister

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yeah. This looks lovely! :D?

Seriously, have they never heard of the difference between PRODUCTION and TEST servers? Or, y'know, testing out a webpage offline before pushing a broken change?
?‍♂?‍♀?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates Screenshot_20201208-232134

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah. This looks lovely! :D?

Seriously, have they never heard of the difference between PRODUCTION and TEST servers? Or, y'know, testing out a webpage offline before pushing a broken change?
?‍♂?‍♀?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates Screenshot_20201208-232134
If you find the address of the PRODUCTION server, be sure to let all of us know.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Let us hope the production/design team is much, much better than the web site team.
It has been quite comical viewing the web links over the last few weeks -information (eg. key features, additional features) disappears then reappears, reservation/order bar information changes, etc. No communication from Ford leaves us in the dark and forces us to hypothesize. I also have the misfortune of dealership apathy - my dealership does not communicate with me, I have to contact them first in order to get any information and then less than expected.
Hope is they get it (the Mache) right in the end.
Sponsored