Order to delivery timeframe? VIN assignment? Just, something.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
If it helps, VINs are scheduled on Thursdays, generally speaking, so that much awaited email should come on a Thursday, generally speaking.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Use the search feature on the forum to find the myriad other threads that have discussed this. That'll give you the latest information.

OP
OP
NurseNoodles

NurseNoodles

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E/2018 5.0 GT Mustang PP1
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Interesting. I've seen several other posts with relatively short periods between order and production scheduling. What are the specs of your MME? Wondering if that makes any difference.
Ours is a blue premium extended battery RWD.
This is what our status shows. So it is different from your. Been stuck on step 2 of 6 for a while.

7389FF56-B6CF-436D-9DB0-85BA9BF1255B.jpeg

OP
OP
NurseNoodles

NurseNoodles

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Use the search feature on the forum to find the myriad other threads that have discussed this. That'll give you the latest information.
Thanks. New to the forum life. Just trying to navigate it all.

OP
OP
NurseNoodles

NurseNoodles

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If it helps, VINs are scheduled on Thursdays, generally speaking, so that much awaited email should come on a Thursday, generally speaking.
Good to know. Thanks for the input on the VIN.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting. I've seen several other posts with relatively short periods between order and production scheduling. What are the specs of your MME? Wondering if that makes any difference.
There are many theories around. Most seem plausible but they are all speculation. Ford isn’t talking.

My current wild guess is that orders from high volume dealers get higher priority. A couple people whose orders moved quickly said they ordered through huge, high volume dealers. My order went through a relatively small dealer with only two MMEs on order and a total new vehicle inventory of a couple dozen.

More speculation on my part but it seems like as good a guess as any.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
There are many theories around. Most seem plausible but they are all speculation. Ford isn’t talking.

My current wild guess is that orders from high volume dealers get higher priority. A couple people whose orders moved quickly said they ordered through huge, high volume dealers. My order went through a relatively small dealer with only two MMEs on order and a total new vehicle inventory of a couple dozen.

More speculation on my part but it seems like as good a guess as any.
The high volume dealer theory makes sense. A bit simpler to build an RWD compared to an AWD, so maybe that's a factor as well. On hand inventory of batteries? I have no idea either, of course. Speculation helps pass the time while we wait. :cool:
Since Ford seems to have no intention to let us actually know what the deal is. ?

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The high volume dealer theory makes sense. A bit simpler to build an RWD compared to an AWD, so maybe that's a factor as well. On hand inventory of batteries? I have no idea either, of course. Speculation helps pass the time while we wait. :cool:
Since Ford seems to have no intention to let us actually know what the deal is. ?
I’m still working on the possible role of UFOs.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I’m still working on the possible role of UFOs.
At this point that may be just as plausible as any of our other guesses. ? ?

gtin

First Name
Gilberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5, Mach-E AWD SR RR
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Country flag
I ordered on 10/07/2020 and I did not get a build week until 02/2021. The car build date showed up today on the tracker 04/14/2021.

57 Cohibas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 Cabriolet, Mach E Premium SR RWD ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
? Checked the tracker today and I HAVE A WINDOW STICKER !!! Checked in with my dealer yesterday and he told me my order had just moved to “In Production“ status. Tracker also shows “ETA End Date” of 05/31/2021.

Ordered 12/21/2020
2/21/21 rec’d email that scheduled for production week of 4/19/2021
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order to delivery timeframe? VIN assignment? Just, something. WindowSticker

Last edited:

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
? Checked the tracker today and I HAVE A WINDOW STICKER !!! Checked in with my dealer yesterday and he told me my order had just moved to “In Production“ status. Tracker also shows “ETA End Date” of 05/31/2021.

Ordered 12/21/2020
2/21/21 rec’d email that scheduled for production week of 4/19/2021
I just got a build week and VIN yesterday. When will my order show up in the VIN tracker?

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello all. Just trying to get a read on delivery times. After searching the threads, it seems all over the place. So my husband and I officially ordered our MME at the dealer on 18 FEB after putting our money down on line. The dealer said the order has been placed and is in process. When we log in on line, we seem to be stuck at step 2 of 6 which is Place Order Ready.
Not bashing Ford at all as we have been loyal 30+ year owners of Fords. But we just want some kind of info on our order. Our MME dealer can only tell us it is in process as of yesterday.
We are fast approaching 60 days since we placed the order. We also know there is a world wide shortage of chip processors that most likely are impacting the build.
Anyone have any idea on some kind of timeframe we could reasonably expect delivery or even a VIN number being assigned? Just some sign of life on the other end?
Thanks everyone.
I placed my order for a Rapid red Premium 4/X on Feb 3 and just received a email yesterday that it will be built on Jun 7th. mine was stuck in that same position as yours for all that time. Hopefully you will hear soon.

57 Cohibas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 Cabriolet, Mach E Premium SR RWD ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got a build week and VIN yesterday. When will my order show up in the VIN tracker?
Both the Ford Mach-E Reservation Details Viewer and Ford Vehicle Order Tracking require the Order #, which I was able to get from my dealer. (Not the same as the reservation order number; it's 4 digits.) With the Ford Mach-e Reservation Details Viewer you can request the window sticker, which has the order # in the "Item #" box, but my experience is that the window sticker is not released by Ford until the vehicle is in production. (see Window sticker availability relative to build week thread.)

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I ordered on 1/6/2021. On 2/18 I was notified by an email that it is scheduled to be built the week of May 24. Nothing since from Ford.
I asked my salesman to verify the build week date in their Visibility system.
He responded with a printout from the Visibility system that verified the date and showed the VIN and that it had been submitted to the plant..

The Visibility system is available to all dealers 24/7. If your dealer is not using it to provide information to you they are either lazy or very poorly trained.
Sponsored