Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Everyone saying you can't see the sky from the driver's or passenger's front seat.......look straight ahead and slightly up. There is your view of the sky in all its glory. Yeah the pano roof is mostly for the backstreet passengers. They already get less legroom so they get to enjoy a nice view to not be claustrophobic.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
In the MME it does, in 95% of the other cases, a moon / sun roof will chop up to 2" of headspace from the driver's seat. In today's vehicles, almost everything past a base trim has one. I'm not super tall but I'm long and I hate them with a passion.
Hence the difference between a sun/moon roof and a fixed, panoramic roof. Without the mechanism to open/close, the pano offers more headroom.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I'm an autocross guy and drive like one so I am not a fan of the pano roofs as they are generally less structurally sound compared to their metal roof counterparts. As a driver, I never even bother opening the shade on my pano roofs in my vehicles now.. I don't have a desired or see a benefit to doing so IMO. The kids hate the sun in their eyes overhead and I'm not a fan of illuminating the inside of the vehicle so it's easier to see inside with tinted windows.

All in all I directly chose my GT because at the top of the list was the ability to get black painted roof which looks good but doesn't have the downsides of the pano roof.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
This may be true for some vehicles, but as others have mentioned, you can't tell it's there when driving a MME.
I have gotten different information, when I asked the question on this forum. Several people have said that you definitely can tell it's there - they say the entire cabin is brighter, and feels more "open". This was what I found when I test drove, and I found it irritating, along with the sun on my head. I have a sunroof in my car and I keep it closed and covered at all times, because I do not like the interior light while I'm driving during daylight hours.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Some of the 'hate' for the pano roof is about wind noise from a poor fit at the leading edge that some cars have had. Mine is fine. Most of the other 'hate' is just because you could not opt out of it on some trim levels, and nobody likes paying for a feature they don't want.

I don't hate it by any means, but If it had a power shade, like the one on the pano sunroof in our Grand Cherokee, it would be awesome. The glass opens on the Jeep, but I have almost never had it open. It is too windy and causes wind buffeting at higher speeds, and off road it lets the dust in. So not opening is fine, but because there is no automated shade on the MME, I would have opted to skip it if that was an option on the Premium.

However, I am surprised how well the super secret nasa developed coating works to keep the heat out, even in the summer here in AZ. But I bought a shade for it anyway, because my wife has to park outside at work, and it still heats up the interior quite a bit sitting all day. Because the shade is not super fast to replace, and I am lazy, it will rarely if ever be removed.

EV Behr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer soon Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
So I'm looking at the MME and one thing that intrigues me is the glass roof. I had an 83 Camaro that had T-Tops. Loved it. I had a Cavalier with a sunroof - that puppy was never closed. So why all the hate on the pano roof? Is there something I'm missing? Anything that gives me a "top down" feeling gets me excited. All I can think of is people in really hot climates don't care for it due to lack of shade? In Michigan, I try to soak up as much sun as I can! :D Any thoughts? Is the pano roof something I'd like or would I regret it?
I love the pano roof, we ordered it with our GT , it does keep most of the heat out. We live in Florida, but I’m also getting a sun shade for the summer months.

beckermanex

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Prem RWD
Occupation
Information Management
Country flag
My kids love it, in my current car, 2018 Soul, while waiting for the Mach-E it has the Pano and they love it on long trips or the old fashioned scaring yourself when an overpass comes by :D It was something I wanted in mine which lead me towards the Premium trim to get it, even being here in AZ it doesn't get that hot unless it's opened, a non-moving Pano just gives it so much more of an airy feel.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I love mine. My previous vehicle, a Caddy XT4 had a glass roof in the back and a sunroof plus a shade. I NEVER used the shade....
I have T-top shades for my Trans Am and they sit in the basment in the original factory bag.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Ford did a thorough study of the Pano sunroof and those who do not like it, Turns out they're all vampires. :p
I was thinking that with some of the responses on here against...lol!

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Personally, I might have gone for it, but the fact that it cost so much, was fixed glass, and no built in retracting shade killed it (we've been spoiled by the one in our Volvo). There are pluses to that though, you get a little more headroom with just the fixed glass, but that didn't outweigh it for me.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
My kids love it, in my current car, 2018 Soul, while waiting for the Mach-E it has the Pano and they love it on long trips or the old fashioned scaring yourself when an overpass comes by :D It was something I wanted in mine which lead me towards the Premium trim to get it, even being here in AZ it doesn't get that hot unless it's opened, a non-moving Pano just gives it so much more of an airy feel.
Yes, this. Driving a car through a carwash with a pano roof is a magical experience for a kid, particularly at the ones that use multi-colored foam soaps and similar lighting to make it look like the inside of your car is an 80s disco.

Mayesc1

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Energy Manager
Country flag
I love it and I live in the South! I also find it entertaining when I tell people to look up. I also have ton of windows in my home so there is that. Now I am thinking I should take my thermal camera out and compare the windshield to the pano roof.
Sponsored