Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The Apple Watch app works fine for me although all it can do is turn the car on/off and lock/unlock the car. It also receives messages such as "fully charged." My watch is a current version--series 6.
So the Apple Watch works for PAAK?
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
So the Apple Watch works for PAAK?
No - it does not. It is not a standalone app, so it must be connected to your phone, and only then does it allow remote lock/unlock/start just like FordPass on your phone.

I do get FordPass notifications occasionally through the watch app as well, but again they're just passed through from the FordPass phone app.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I've been having problems with the Ford Pass app on my iPhone (iOS 14.4) and PaaK. Force quitting the app and restarting it seems to fix the problem every time, so I think what happens is that the app freezes, so it can't re-establish the bluetooth connection when I approach the car. I hope they can fix this and make the app more reliable.

Reactions: DBC

Mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Everything was fine on mine. I set up phone as key added to my profile every thing worked great, until. Went to setup my wife's profile added her phone to the car set up, added her phone in her profile and checked if her phone would work as key and it did. Went to android auto and everything went down hill from there. Phones would shutdown and start back up. Fordpass app became unstable it also would startup and then shut down. I tried removing phones and profiles and start over but the same thing started again. I had to do a factory restart on my phone to even get it work at all. Removed the Fordpass from both phones. Tried to start the process over but nothing worked. Finely did a reset on the car system. Set up profiles again, added the phones. Reinstalled the Fordpass app to the phones and went to add phone as key. It got to the point where you push the tab to pair the phone, it was to copy and past the pairing code in the next step but it did not do it. I had to enter the onetime code manually, once I did that everything went along fine. I rejected the android auto setup and everything works just fine. I suspect the android auto has a virus or a bad code line that crashes the whole system.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
My cheap Android Blu will not phone as key, tried tried tried, her cheap Android Blu set up as PaaK fine and I finally was able to program a start code. Her phone actually functioning as PaaK, nope, it has more to do inside the FordPass app now but I think the bluetooth is too lazy to do the job proper.

Good news, we have door codes and Start Passwords set up so we can survive if we loose our one FOB.

$44000, hey, lets cheese it with a single fob.

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
PAAK won't even show up in FordPass connected phone. Google Pixel 5. When adding vehicle it all connected, got confirm email, message in app confirming activation. Uninstalled everything on phone, reset keys on car. Reinstalled, still no option to add phone as key. Two fobs is a must from Ford. Can't rely on PAAK. Android auto won't really connect fully either. Bluetooth is connected, phone, media works but seems a little wonky.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Hope all those with PPAK not showing up are calling Ford and getting it logged as an issue. If not they wont see the magnitude of the problem. I am sure they know the issues but magnitude hopefully elevates the urgency especially since they made the decision to only give one fob.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hope all those with PPAK not showing up are calling Ford and getting it logged as an issue. If not they wont see the magnitude of the problem. I am sure they know the issues but magnitude hopefully elevates the urgency especially since they made the decision to only give one fob.
I'd like to call it in or send an email, if possible. Do you have a phone number or email for customer support?

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
I still plan to give Ford the benefit of the doubt and will act like PAAK will keep working fine. I'll leave the fob at home and use my phone with the codes as a backup. I'll see if my trust is misguided.

However, I plan to trust but verify. Resetting and re-connecting PAAK requires having the fob and the permanent door code. When we travel to FL in a couple of weeks, I assure you that the fob will go with us!

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
I have set up PaaK and tried to set up the Backup Start Code but after entering the code I wanted to use on the screen I couldn't figure out how to enter.
Any clue?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I have set up PaaK and tried to set up the Backup Start Code but after entering the code I wanted to use on the screen I couldn't figure out how to enter.
Any clue?
It will prompt for code if you enter the car without the fob or PAAK but just access the door with door key and then try to start. If you have a fob or PAAk, it will not prompt for backup code as far as I know.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
It will prompt for code if you enter the car without the fob or PAAK but just access the door with door key and then try to start. If you have a fob or PAAk, it will not prompt for backup code as far as I know.
actually, I've had it happen to me on a few occasions where I approach with my phone (no key fob), and I know PAAK is working, because HAL welcomes me with the puddle lamps. Then, I'm able to unlock and get in. But then I go to start HAL, I get the "no key detected" message on the instrument cluster screen and a prompt for the backup code on the touchscreen .... obviously bizarre, since HAL let me unlock and get in. So, after opening the driver's door and closing it again, I'm able to successfully start it. I figure opening and closing the door must be waking up whatever module controls PAAK.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
My wife and I set up our PaaK and as part of that process the Backup Start code - we did this at the dealer.

However, when I enter with the passcode and attempt to start the car, I am NOT prompted to enter the backup code. Same with my wife's passcode.

Wondering if I need to remove the PaaK we setup and start again (heaven forbid). Only change I remember doing was assigning our profiles to a seat profile. No changes to PaaK at all (and our PaaK work generally fine).
Sponsored