Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
Can anyone confirm whether Ford reimburses dealers for X-Plan cost? If so, why would a dealer deny it to a customer?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford presented this process as competitive to Tesla. So, maybe that’s where I’ll head and not have to deal with a car dealership at all.
Voting with your wallet is absolutely an effective way to send a message and potentially affect change. It's completely understandable, and all the best to you.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Can anyone confirm whether Ford reimburses dealers for X-Plan cost? If so, why would a dealer deny it to a customer?
Because it limits how much they can charge in fees and other markups.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Because it limits how much they can charge in fees and other markups.
I think the dealer has realized what they have on their hands. They can strong arm me and either get me to agree or make me miserable enough to drop my order. Now they have a car that they can sell for even more. They didn’t order any for the dealership and the salesperson told me he’s had other offers.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Except in the explanation of the code, it is stated the price does not include rebates, discounts, etc. if they had to stick to that price, they couldn’t offer incentives or rebates, etc.
Rebates and incentives come from the manufacturer not the dealer. The negotiated purchase price is between you and the dealer before any rebates or incentives are applied.

If your dealer did not agree to X-Plan pricing at the time of order and you placed the order then you agreed to pay that price for the vehicle. Then there’s nothing Ford can do about that.

You can certainly try to renegotiate and ask the dealer to now accept X-Plan price but they are within their rights to ask for the original agreement to stand.

You agreed to the top line price of the car before any rebates are applied. Rebates don’t change the top line price, rebates only reduce the bottom line amount to finance (or pay cash for).

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
A critical piece is that the customer indicated they had verbal agreement on the x-plan. There is no legal requirement that they have this in writing.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If a dealer accepts X-Plan pricing for some vehicles, do they have to accept it for all?
No. They have to accept it for all xplan eligible vehicles. The mach-e is xplan eligible but apparently this dealer does not participate, nor is there any requirement they do so.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It wasn't mentioned specifically but sounds like the deposit is non-refundable? @Lizzyfitz , it doesn't sound like this is a "I must have it" situation. I would negotiate and just get them to refund the deposit and look for another Mach-E elsewhere. Delays instant gratification but you won't have this nagging feeling that you were taken advantage of.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
It wasn't mentioned specifically but sounds like the deposit is non-refundable? @Lizzyfitz , it doesn't sound like this is a "I must have it" situation. I would negotiate and just get them to refund the deposit and look for another Mach-E elsewhere. Delays instant gratification but you won't have this nagging feeling that you were taken advantage of.
:cool: I can wait. It would’ve been nice. But, yes, I think I would have a nagging feeling that I was taken advantage of. I don’t want to live with that feeling.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
No. They have to accept it for all xplan eligible vehicles. The mach-e is xplan eligible but apparently this dealer does not participate, nor is there any requirement they do so.
This dealer does participate. They had drawn up all of the paperwork with the x-plan. They told us it would take ten minutes to come in and sign the paperwork. And then someone higher up didn’t like the deal and squashed it.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The more people that walk on this sort of nonsense, the better. Understandably hard to do after all this time. Plus Ford allows this sort of thing, so at the end of the day the sleaze starts with Ford. Anyway, as long a people put up with it, it will continue.

HBGuy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2021 MME Prem LR-RD; 2013 Focus Electric
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
I think that’s a good question. Certain vehicles are excluded and they are listed in the x-plan agreement. I called Ford, but they are not open today.
Here's a screen shot of Ford-Lincoln vehicles eligible for X-Plan pricing, including the MME:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pines Ford refusing to honor X-plan 1613240594349

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Rebates and incentives come from the manufacturer not the dealer. The negotiated purchase price is between you and the dealer before any rebates or incentives are applied.

If your dealer did not agree to X-Plan pricing at the time of order and you placed the order then you agreed to pay that price for the vehicle. Then there’s nothing Ford can do about that.

You can certainly try to renegotiate and ask the dealer to now accept X-Plan price but they are within their rights to ask for the original agreement to stand.

You agreed to the top line price of the car before any rebates are applied. Rebates don’t change the top line price, rebates only reduce the bottom line amount to finance (or pay cash for).
Here’s where I disagree with you. The initial order is not a complete contract as it lacks too many parts. It’s more akin to you putting an offer on a house. It’s not yours until you actually sign the sale papers after the inspection and put the full money up. It’s essentially a right of first refusal.

One reason it’s not a complete contract is financing terms aren't an option when you order. It’s not actually reasonable and potentially creates damages in this exact scenario. Secondly there is no signature and that’s a violation of the statute of frauds. It can be renegotiated and pressure can get her what she wants especially if they take c plan pricing on other vehicles as Ford itself could put the dealer on notice of violating the terms of x plan incentives contract between the dealer and Ford.

Btw I told fold when I ordered this that this process is going to get them sued because it was so terrible. And quite frankly it should. No company with this much experience in sales should make the process this difficult.

HBGuy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2021 MME Prem LR-RD; 2013 Focus Electric
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
Here's a screen shot of Ford-Lincoln vehicles eligible for X-Plan pricing, including the MME:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pines Ford refusing to honor X-plan 1613240594349
Orange County, CA X-Plan pricing (not including California and AQMD grants):

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pines Ford refusing to honor X-plan 1613240764338

nja

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Ford Explorer, Audi Q7
Country flag
I went through the reservation process and discovered that my dealer is adding a mark up to the car.
My Mach-e was delivered to the dealership and I presented the X-plan. I went through financing, was about to sign, and then they tell me that I can’t have the car. Why? I was dishonest in never telling them that I had the option to use x-plan pricing. In fact, I had told anyone that I dealt with at the dealership that I was going to use this plan. They want $2k over the Msrp. And are claiming that they will be in the hole If they fulfill my order. This is a dealership that had ZERO contact with me during the ENTIRE process. They simply confirmed the order that I had already placed with Ford. Had anyone had similar experiences?
I live in your area...I switched my car to a dealer in Georgia who agreed to honor X-Plan. Crazy what Pines does to people.
Sponsored