Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Hi Guys ive been charging lately with the 120v Ford charger since my juicebox died. I received my replacement today, brand new out of the box and I am having the same issues.

I received updates 2 days in a row.
My daughter’s JuiceBox failed. The replacement they sent didn’t work, either. The next one they sent worked. I think the replacements they send out are sometimes refurbished/repaired, not new. I hope you get it sorted out.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Im going to drop from max current of 48 to 40 and see. im wondering if the EVSE has an issue going to 48. Yes i have 6 gauge with 60 amp breaker

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
dropping to 40 amps seems to resolve it so either the connections have to be checked again or the EVSE has a problem. My intuition, from what you guys tell me and my electrician, it sounds like the EVSE has a circuit problem. 🤦‍♂️

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dont know anymore. I kept it a 40 for an hour and it was fine. Boumped it to 44 it started to fluctuate between 30 and 44 and if i bumped it more it fluctuated between 33 and 48. Could it be a charging curve update that no longer accepts 48 amps at L2? Its going yo be hard to diagnose this since i dont think public L2's are 11.5KW

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Juicebox is sending me another one 😓
I think the best type of L2 charging curve would be to charge as slow as possible while still meeting the scheduled time slot. Finishing just before its ends. I have seen mine fluctuate between 8 kw and 6 lately no longer steady 8. That being said they just gave us that monitor. Finishes within the slotted time (10 pm to 7 am even thou it has sent messages it will not it does) and to the correct percentage so it works. For me 40amp@8Kw x 9hr = 72 Kwh (80%) and if I need 100% I push the app button. Peoples time slots and needs will vary which will determine if they need 48 amp. Hoping the 3rd one your electrician hooks up is a go. Better add him to your favorites ;)

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD extended range
Occupation
Market manager
Country flag
I hate to say it but a lot of you seem to be having the same problem I was..

2021 Mach E 4x would not charge at 40 amperage on my juice box after what I thought was a recent update. Turning down the amps to 32 helped for a few months, then that stopped working

Started trouble shooting with the mobile charger, which worked fine for a while till it didn't.

Took my Mach E to my buddies Ford pro charger for his lightning, tripped in 2 min

Super chargers still worked fine

Opened a case with Ford, they brought the car in and the temperature sensor on the Mach E had gone bad and was reporting astronomically high.

Had to replace the entire charge port and cord to the battery as it's all one piece

Took 2 weeks to get replaced because the packaging Ford sends them to the dealership in is so bad the cheap plastic tabs on the charge port area kept arriving broken, but alas it's in and my car is back to normal accepting the full juicebox 40's 40 amps

I recommend anyone with these symptoms open a case with Ford and have them test your port doors temp sensor

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hate to say it but a lot of you seem to be having the same problem I was..

2021 Mach E 4x would not charge at 40 amperage on my juice box after what I thought was a recent update. Turning down the amps to 32 helped for a few months, then that stopped working

Started trouble shooting with the mobile charger, which worked fine for a while till it didn't.

Took my Mach E to my buddies Ford pro charger for his lightning, tripped in 2 min

Super chargers still worked fine

Opened a case with Ford, they brought the car in and the temperature sensor on the Mach E had gone bad and was reporting astronomically high.

Had to replace the entire charge port and cord to the battery as it's all one piece

Took 2 weeks to get replaced because the packaging Ford sends them to the dealership in is so bad the cheap plastic tabs on the charge port area kept arriving broken, but alas it's in and my car is back to normal accepting the full juicebox 40's 40 amps

I recommend anyone with these symptoms open a case with Ford and have them test your port doors temp sensor
This what i was worried about something like this that is easily overlooked and the finger pointing begins.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Well, guess what? Now, mine will only charge at 7 KW on my FCCS. It used to alway charge at 10 KW. The Lightning charges at 10 KW on the same EVSE.

It’s going in for another problem today, so I’ll have this checked as well.

Can the charge port temperature sensor be read via ODB2?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This makes 0 sense. This has to be software related. Unless there's an expiry date on that sensor I dont see how this could happen at the same time. Yes it could break but everyone having this is at the same time? it doesn't make sense other than a software update screwed up something. If it is the temperature sensor than maybe the controller is misreading the sensor and throttling the charge rate or blocking it completely.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My last session after bumping it back to 48 after starting at 40, only to bring it back down. I really dont think it's the EVSE. If i leave it at 40 no issue. You can see what happens in the graph.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Plugged in Not Charging - All the time now Screenshot_20230619-225922_EV JuiceNet
Sponsored