TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m so glad I cancelled my Mach Drop order when I got my 14 Dec premium order email notification. I’d be so pissed to pay $3,600 for the privilege of waiting 2 more months to get my “first” edition. Actually...it’s now 6 Dec build week.
That may be the one backhanded good part about Ford canceling my original Premium order without my OK -- never finding out if it might have actually arrived even sooner than my Machdrop will. When the ONLY reason I switched to what became a Machflop was (by nearly all the insider info here) the likelihood of getting it in 2020 instead (for a $1500 tax credit), months sooner than I'd have expected for my 29k res#. Turns out that a few res#'s in the 30k's are showing Nov or early Dec builds now, as though Ford said "Eh, let's just throw out reservation priority and pretend people haven't been waiting in line for a year".

Gotta be really committed to a car to put up with this much crap. Just about anything else I'd have said "F---this" and walked away after being screwed over at every turn with Machflop.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
That may be the one backhanded good part about Ford canceling my original Premium order without my OK -- never finding out if it might have actually arrived even sooner than my Machdrop will. When the ONLY reason I switched to what became a Machflop was (by nearly all the insider info here) the likelihood of getting it in 2020 instead (for a $1500 tax credit), months sooner than I'd have expected for my 29k res#. Turns out that a few res#'s in the 30k's are showing Nov or early Dec builds now, as though Ford said "Eh, let's just throw out reservation priority and pretend people haven't been waiting in line for a year".

Gotta be really committed to a car to put up with this much crap. Just about anything else I'd have said "F---this" and walked away after being screwed over at every turn with Machflop.
Agree with everything you said. This is the first American car I've ever purchased (well....will purchase soon). So far, I'm not very impressed at all. I really hope when I see this car in a couple of weeks it will amaze me.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agree with everything you said. This is the first American car I've ever purchased (well....will purchase soon). So far, I'm not very impressed at all. I really hope when I see this car in a couple of weeks it will amaze me.
I'm just the opposite - never owned a foreign car. Hadn't actually gone back and added it up before, but we've had all Ford's lately (4 Escapes, 1 Ranger, 1 Contour over the last 30 years), and a few Dodges and Chevy's before that.

This is only the 2nd time we've ordered a car and waited for it. Did that with one of our current 2013 Escapes too (when they first came out), but that was far more "normal" than this experience.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Just talked to my dealer, my build date for the Mach drop first edition is January 4th. Still no email from Ford which is a little frustrating but at least I know when the car will be built. Hopefully I’ll have the car in February!!! If you have a Mach Drop I’d recommend contacting your dealer they probably have a build date for you. 2021 MachE first edition grabber blue, Saint Clair Shores Michigan
Thanks for the info. Still, very disappointing and misleading from Ford. Not happy about the way this was presented to us. Mine is still unscheduled. Oh well..

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
40 with 10% having a build date now.

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Somewhere else in the Forum I believe that the number of Mach-Drops was estimated to be 300. If true we have 40 (now) that is a significant percentage. Perhaps 300 is too low, I am sure that in time we will get the the real number from Ford (or at least the number of First Editions).

I stopped by my dealer on Wednesday, he has 14 MME and 3 Service cars in his system. His service cars have build dates as well as 8 customer orders. My Mach Drop is one of the 6 without dates, but all 6 were coded P which he explained was Preview - meaning they are in the queue to be scheduled.

I did not switch to the Mach Drop to line jump @ajmartineau - I have more a more important reason - my wife's favorite color is Grabber Blue.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
My wife tried to get me to choose that color. I'm pretty sure there were 289 Mach-Drops. I think there were a few, including mine, that were missing out of that number.
So yeah, 300.

I'm actually surprised at the 8, not in the system. I assume that those are all people who did not receive an email on ~10-2 regarding their Mach-Drop order.

OP
OP

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
My wife tried to get me to choose that color. I'm pretty sure there were 289 Mach-Drops. I think there were a few, including mine, that were missing out of that number.
So yeah, 300.

I'm actually surprised at the 8, not in the system. I assume that those are all people who did not receive an email on ~10-2 regarding their Mach-Drop order.
I received the 10/2 email and I also received confirmation from the retail orders folks that “my order is confirmed” but still it hasn’t been entered, which is frustrating since apparently they began entering them two months ago and they said that all orders would be entered by mid October. I tried asking retail orders if they can check on my status or even confirm that I WILL have an order entered but they said they don’t have access to that on their end. Then when I ask if they can give me the contact info of someone I can ask, they basically blew me off and said they don’t have such contact info.

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
To repeat:

The zest and enthusiasm I once had for the FE via the MachDrop program has gone. Now realizing that the FE is just a $3,600 trim level and the fact that it’s manufacturing is not a priority, I see no real added value. I also have a Premium on order that I will keep but I am considering the Jag I-Pace as an FE replacement because of reduced pricing and being able to take advantage of the federal tax credit this year. (Note to Ford: MachDrop communication was/is bad!)

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I’ll be asking for a screen shot or some kind of proof after all this time with nothing.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
You should have a fourth option on the poll.

4. I have no idea what the status of my order is because I haven't received any news from my dealer nor am I concerned enough to bug them about it.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Revised my poll answer.
My Mach Drop is in the system and now has a build date and VIN that I received from my dealer this morning. This information is NOT showing in my Ford.com account.
My Mach Drop FE is now scheduled to build week of 1/4/21, which is 2 weeks before my original Premium order is scheduled.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Mach Drop FE is now scheduled to build week of 1/4/21, which is 2 weeks before my original Premium order is scheduled.
So +$1800 per week. Better make em special! ?
Sponsored