Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
16 Dec '20 build date, Job 1 car.

Here's the list of available updates:
3FMTK3SU8MMA03834-19-Oct-22.png

Not so bad, the 22S41 powertrain refresh (+OBCC), the door updates for the presenters, the body controller and Frunk module (GFM) combo that enables the keypad to open the Frunk, the GSM (no OTA for that one), and the TCU.
Taking this in on Wednesday, mainly for SSM 50513 as it's very obvious it has that issue, and going to ask they take care of these. I'll post to see what happens/does not happen.

Bumble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
May I have someone check and see if I have any updates? Thank you :)
My vin is 3FMTK3RMXNMA43758.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I had my in for recall and 10,000 mile check-up. gave them list of what needed to be done and curious if it all got taken care of- vin # 3FMTK1RM4MMA34573. Thanks if you can run my vin.
You just have the HVAC we all got a few days ago, that's it.

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
May I have someone check and see if I have any updates? Thank you :)
My vin is 3FMTK3RMXNMA43758.
25 Jul '22 build date.

Here's the list of available updates;
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3RMXNMA43758-31-Oct-22

Mike

Rus23

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang GT
Country flag
Hi. I am getting my new gt this week hopefully. Can you let me know if the dealer has done all my updates please? WF0TR4SX7NMA34912
Many thanks in advance!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi. I am getting my new gt this week hopefully. Can you let me know if the dealer has done all my updates please? WF0TR4SX7NMA34912
Many thanks in advance!
27 Jun '22 build date. (GT PE)

Not sure you're aware, but dealers are under no obligation, and are not being paid, to ensure new cars are completely up-to-date software-wise when the keys are handed over to the customer. They are required to take the car out of transport mode as part of the PMI process but unless there's a recall or 'stop-sell' that requires them to perform work on the car prior to delivery to the customer they normally don't do anything else.

Having said that...

Here's the list of available updates for you car that were released after it was built:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TR4SX7NMA34912-1-Nov-22

So you're looking at the third revision of the updates relating to the HVJB welded contactor recall (22S41). Which are the PCM, BECM, SOBDM, SOBDMB, SOBDMC. This is the third revision of those updates since the recall was announced. And an OBCC charge controller update (likely a fast charger fix of some sort). The four door modules update that stops the door presenters from actuating unnecessarily when the inside door handle is pulled, the driver's seat module that corrects the issue with the seat and mirrors not adjusting to the fob/profile in use at the time, and a recently released HVAC update to provide more heat in very cold outside temps.

In addition you see a GWM (gateway) update that is kindof important because it's the network controller for all the other modules and should always be updated before anything else.

You may be able to work a deal out with your delivering dealer, but again it is not normal for any dealer to perform updates just because the car is new and has updates available.

Enjoy your new ride!

Mike

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
can anyone (looks like it'll most likely be @Mike G so thanks in advance) help me look up my VIN?

i've looked online at different sources and they say different things about CSP 21P22. ETIS said it was outstanding but when i click the CSP button on my ford pass it says only 22B10 (second key) was outstanding.

i'm trying to figure out whether i need to go into the dealership before nov 30, i was planning to go in dec...

3FMTK1SS2MMA42213

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
can anyone (looks like it'll most likely be @Mike G so thanks in advance) help me look up my VIN?

i've looked online at different sources and they say different things about CSP 21P22. ETIS said it was outstanding but when i click the CSP button on my ford pass it says only 22B10 (second key) was outstanding.

i'm trying to figure out whether i need to go into the dealership before nov 30, i was planning to go in dec...

3FMTK1SS2MMA42213
5 Jul '21 build date, Job 2 car.

Here's the list of available updates:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK1SS2MMA42213-1-Nov-22

CSP 21P22 expires on 30 Nov '22. That's when Ford stops paying your tech for the labor to do it.

Mike

Attachments

Bumble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
25 Jul '22 build date.

Here's the list of available updates;
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK1SS2MMA42213-1-Nov-22

Mike
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. I do have a question. Do you have to go to the dealership to get these updates?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. I do have a question. Do you have to go to the dealership to get these updates?
Some yes. The HVAC will likely get updated only if your car's heater doesn't put out enough heat when it's cold.

The doors may or may not be done with an OTA, hasn't happened yet. The APIM will likely get done as an OTA as that seems to happen most often to enable new features. The BCM is a toss-up. It might be done as an OTA but hasn't so far.

For the most part that list you see will likely stay that way unless you bring the car in and have a 'customer concern' that would be corrected by applying one or more of those updates. Dealer techs don't just update everything because you asked (generally speaking, but it has happened).

Mike

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Some yes. The HVAC will likely get updated only if your car's heater doesn't put out enough heat when it's cold.

The doors may or may not be done with an OTA, hasn't happened yet. The APIM will likely get done as an OTA as that seems to happen most often to enable new features. The BCM is a toss-up. It might be done as an OTA but hasn't so far.

For the most part that list you see will likely stay that way unless you bring the car in and have a 'customer concern' that would be corrected by applying one or more of those updates. Dealer techs don't just update everything because you asked (generally speaking, but it has happened).

Mike
i'm actually a bit confused now, is CSP21P22 a set of updates or is it just a general order that updates can be applied if i request them? i'm not really sure which, if any, of the updates you pointed out to me i actually need.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i'm actually a bit confused now, is CSP21P22 a set of updates or is it just a general order that updates can be applied if i request them? i'm not really sure which, if any, of the updates you pointed out to me i actually need.
CSP 21P22 is a Customer Satisfaction Program that came out nearly a year ago in part because the Over The Air updates (OTA) system was not living up to expectations and the OTA team could not get packages of updates out, or they were sending out updates that broke things (like 1.7.1). Not much has actually changed with that. They still aren't capable of sending out OTAs to fix all the things they are creating updated software revisions for.

So at the time at the start of this year it was decided to pay local dealership techs to do a set of updates to help catch everybody up. That was CSP 21P22.

The CSP 21P22 tech info I sent you was the part that listed what modules would get updated and the sequence the tech should do them.

All updates listed in any list that comes up for your VIN are welcome enhancements or corrections for issues, or in some cases for minor annoyances, that you may be experiencing with your car. The engineers would not have developed and put these updates on to Ford's servers and specified that certain VINs should have certain software updates if it was not deemed useful or beneficial that they be installed.

But how do we do that? Either by OTA...or by a dealer tech (or DIY) using FDRS.

The fly in the ointment to getting modules updated by a dealer tech is one of two things, 1) either there has to be a recall, or customer satisfaction program or other program that will pay the tech's labor to do the updates, or 2) there has to be a 'customer concern' expressed by you about something that is not working properly on your car for the tech to update a corresponding module with the software update that would address your concern and then it would be paid for under warranty labor.

It's always a good idea to have Ford pay someone to update your car if they aren't going to do it with an OTA, I think.

Mike