Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Hi,

Saw a post from a new owner in DK who claims his new MME came with the newest APIM version, so i wonder if it has been release for my car as well.

Could someone please check? :)

VIN: WF0TK3SUXNMA05375
I don't see anything in this list:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK3SUXNMA05375-22-May-23
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hate to trouble people, but before I reach out to my dealer about the weird 4.2.5 issue, could someone please take a look and let me know what’s visible about my car? The Ford helpline claimed they couldn’t see anything unusual and that 4.2.5 was showing as successful. If I go into my dealer with just the “not completed”, message, they’re just going to tell me I need to give it time to clear (it’s been since April 25) and send me away.
3FMTK3SU2MMA09354

Thanks!
I see that Lee has checked your OTA status, here's the list of available updates:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU2MMA09354-22-May-23_Jimrpa

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey all,

Can someone take a look at 3FMTK3RM8MMA26469 when they have a minute? I’m stuck on 3.5.4.2 which seems… not great. I have Wi-Fi setup and everything else and it just refuses to update to anything close to new, and I’d love to be able to tell the dealership what’s wrong because I don’t have a lot of faith in their interest in putting effort into finding a solution. Thanks for any help anyone can give!
I see that Lee has checked your OTA status for 4.2.1. You do have this update in your available software list (it's the gateway module):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3RM8MMA26469-22-May-23

Updates don't come over Wi-Fi 99.9% of the time. They come over the car's TCU modem. As Lee says yours failed due to low 12V battery state of charge. Which means you probably have your schedule set to check in the middle of the night. And every night your battery drains a bit down below 80% (like everybody's does), and when the logic checks to see the battery status before initiating the update it decides the 12V battery is to low to support the process and no update takes place.

I would recommend two things. First, set your schedule to check for updates about 15-20 minutes into your normal commute time either in the morning or after you leave work on the way home. When you start the car it takes the high voltage battery about 15-20 minutes to recharge the 12V battery back up above 80% SOC (just like a regular ICE car with the alternator recharging the 12V battery back up). So this would allow the update to proceed when the system checks and finds your 12V battery is good to go. Also, you'll probably be driving in an area with at least three bars of AT&T coverage, which is also necessary for getting updates downloaded.

The second thing to do is to reset the "Battery Monitoring System Learned Values" before starting off on your next drive to ensure that your battery is getting fully recharged instead of only partially recharged. It's pretty simple to do.

Before leaving for your drive, get in and push the start button without putting your foot on the brake. So while in accessory mode, flash the high beams 5 times, and then tap the brake pedal 3 times and look for the battery symbol on the instrument panel to cycle. Then press the start button again to shut the car off. Then start the car as normal and drive off with your new update schedule set to check everyday during your commute and you should see results soon.

Last edited:

Sburgoon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Premium
Country flag
Ah, that makes sense. I’ll give that a try. Thank you both!

I see that Lee has checked your OTA status for 4.2.1. You do hve this update in your available software list (it's the gateway module):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3RM8MMA26469-22-May-23

Updates don't come over Wi-Fi 99.9% of the time. They come over the car's TCU modem. As Lee says yours failed due to low 12V battery state of charge. Which means you probably have your schedule set to check in the middle of the night. And every night your battery drains a bit down below 80% (like everybody's does), and when the logic checks to see the battery status before initiating the update it decides the 12V battery is to low to support the process and no update takes place.

I would recommend two things. First, set your schedule to check for updates about 15-20 minutes into your normal commute time either in the morning or after you leave work on the way home. When you start the car it takes the high voltage battery about 15-20 minutes to recharge the 12V battery back up above 80% SOC (just like a regular ICE car with the alternator recharging the 12V battery back up). So this would allow the update to proceed when the system checks and finds your 12V battery is good to go. Also, you'll probably be driving in an area with at least three bars of AT&T coverage, which is also necessary for getting updates downloaded.

The second thing to do is to reset the "Battery Monitoring System Learned Values" before starting off on your next drive to ensure that your battery is getting fully recharged instead of only partially recharged. It's pretty simple to do.

Before leaving for your drive, get in and push the start button without putting your foot on the brake. So while in accessory mode, flash the high beams 5 times, and then tap the brake pedal 3 times and look for the battery symbol on the instrument panel to cycle. Then press the start button again to shut the car off. Then start the car as normal and drive off with your new update schedule set to check everyday during your commute and you should see results soon.

JesperDK

First Name
Jesper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Country flag
May I have a check on my car?

VIN: WF0TK3SU9MMA47034

Appreciate it.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Yes it completed successfully on the 25th, but didn't post the OTA completed flag to the cloud for some reason. So it might not show status correctly on your end.
Thanks!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I see that Lee has checked your OTA status, here's the list of available updates:
Well, so much for “we applied all the updates that were available” 😀

TNG_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Hello,

Can someone please check my car before my upcoming dealer appointment.

VIN: 3FMTK3SU5MMA03225

Thanks.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello,

Can someone please check my car before my upcoming dealer appointment.

VIN: 3FMTK3SU5MMA03225

Thanks.
8 Jan '21 build date, Job 1 car.

Here's the list of available updates:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU5MMA03225-23-May-23

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, can someone please look up my VIN to see if there are any updates pending? The OTA was apparently unstuck by the dealer in March when they applied all updates. At the time, no other updates were pending. When I went to pick up my car, Sync reported that PU 4.2.3 had failed. However, it’s now been 2.5 months and no further OTAs have been attempted. My VIN is 3FMTK3SU2MMA24971. Thanks!​
Here's the list of available updates...and a gateway isn't in the list.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU2MMA24971-23-May-23

Additionally, you have the latest gateway software revision there is right now for your car; "-LKB", so as far as that goes you're up-to-date. As to when you'll get 4.2.6 (Powertrain updates) that's anybody's guess.

Oh, and I just remembered something. I had a pending APIM update on my Lightning one day about two months ago, and I got the laptop out and decided to do updates using FDRS. And still today if I look up my OTA dashboard it says that the APIM OTA failed...because I did it with FDRS. Since your dealer tech did your updates using FDRS that could be the reason it shows the OTA failed even though you're up-to-date on that gateway.

Last edited:

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
Thanks Mike! So should I be concerned that it’s stuck again or just keep waiting for the next OTA?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Mike! So should I be concerned that it’s stuck again or just keep waiting for the next OTA?
Well you might ask somebody with PTS access if you've got any OTAs available. I don't know how wide spread the release of 4.2.6 is at the minute, and I can't see OTA status using FDRS.

P.S....I don't think you're stuck.

Last edited:

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
Well you might ask somebody with PTS access if you've got any OTAs available. I don't know how wide spread the release of 4.2.6 is at the minute, and I can't see OTA status using FDRS.

P.S....I don't think you're stuck.
Got it. Thanks again. I'll wait another month or so and then call the OTA team at Ford to check the OTA status. BTW, what is PTS access and who has this?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got it. Thanks again. I'll wait another month or so and then call the OTA team at Ford to check the OTA status. BTW, what is PTS access and who has this?
It's the companion system to FDRS. PTS is what your service advisor uses to check the status of your vehicle (like what DTCs you have showing and what your OTA status is) and it also has all the TSBs, SSMs, and references for the repair and diagnostics functions for the techs and mechanics to use. FDRS is primarily used to program software updates and actually perform some diagnostics.

So if you were to call your service advisor and ask them to pull your VIN while you were on the phone and ask them to check your OTA dashboard for any in progress updates they can tell you if anything's in the pipeline. Your car reports it's status to the cloud every time you drive it. So they can also see what errors your car is throwing (whether they are displayed to you in the car or not) and they are shown on a calendar view with links to the possible causes and remedies (TSBs, SSMs, etc.).
Sponsored