Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Looking at all these updates, I got curious. What is the GSM Gear Shift Module? What does it do, since this is a single speed electric motor.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Looking at all these updates, I got curious. What is the GSM Gear Shift Module? What does it do, since this is a single speed electric motor.
It’s the module responsible for shifting the car between P, R, N, and D when you turn the dial.

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
I'm going in for the glass recalls and software updates tomorrow. Would like a list of current software to track what they end up doing. Dealer is refusing to try the actual BC update as they haven't been able to make it work.

Thanks.

3FMTK3SU3MMA05992
Glass recall complete, after breaking the windshield, but had a new one within 24 hours. Service advisor claimed software updates complete. But now I'm getting the "Active Drive Assist no available" message, so not only no BlueCruise but also no Lane Centering.

From other posts, it appears the updates weren't done correctly or completely.

Would appreciate a scan so I can talk the service advisor through what he still needs to do. Thanks.

VIN: 3FMTK3SU3MMA05992

patrikli

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER Rapid Red TP+
Country flag
Glass recall complete, after breaking the windshield, but had a new one within 24 hours. Service advisor claimed software updates complete. But now I'm getting the "Active Drive Assist no available" message, so not only no BlueCruise but also no Lane Centering.

From other posts, it appears the updates weren't done correctly or completely.

Would appreciate a scan so I can talk the service advisor through what he still needs to do. Thanks.

VIN: 3FMTK3SU3MMA05992
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1652104954932

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
So, the modules listed line up with the 21P22 updates. I was supposed to have had these done with the 10k service in January. Dealer is saying they did complete 21P22 at that time.

I don't know how FDRS works, so it's hard for me know what is going on. Why would these be showing up in a scan done today if the 21P22 was done (supposedly) 4 months ago?

What specific terms or descriptions should I use to explain to him what to do? Thanks.

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Hello. Could someone please check my VIN - WF0TR1RM4MMA30003 - I’m having repeated error messages for electrical drain (no accessories connected) and my dealer keeps telling me it’s due to updates being deployed OTA?? I’m going in to see them so would be good to see what has/hasn’t been deployed to the car. Thank you in advance.

RLW

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
So, the modules listed line up with the 21P22 updates. I was supposed to have had these done with the 10k service in January. Dealer is saying they did complete 21P22 at that time.

I don't know how FDRS works, so it's hard for me know what is going on. Why would these be showing up in a scan done today if the 21P22 was done (supposedly) 4 months ago?

What specific terms or descriptions should I use to explain to him what to do? Thanks.
When I was going through the five visits to get to a successful Blue Cruise installation, it was always helpful when I presented to the technician my list of modules that I expected to be updated. At first, he was shocked that I had access to that information on my Mach E. But going forward he knew I was checking my VIN # for updates and it helped to keep him motivated. I suggest you tell them you are aware of this list without being accusatory.

hstubb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD 2021 Premium
Country flag
Can somebody please check my vin if they've got a chance?

3FMTK3SU4MMA03944

I haven't received an OTA in a while. At 2.1.0. Debating if I should take it in or not.

Thanks!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Because they stopped at the end of page 1 instead of continuing on to the next page. Simple as that. Ask them to complete all the updates this time and give them the printed list.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello. Could someone please check my VIN - - I’m having repeated error messages for electrical drain (no accessories connected) and my dealer keeps telling me it’s due to updates being deployed OTA?? I’m going in to see them so would be good to see what has/hasn’t been deployed to the car. Thank you in advance.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1652121662280

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Thank you! Looks like I have a few that the dealer needs to take a look at, though I doubt they’ll install anything unless there’s an actual issue with that module. Cheers.