Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Hi Mike,

What’s going on with the door modules? I read somewhere that the recent door updates were removed from FDRS as they were causing issues? Do I still need them?
3FMTK3SSXMMA50149
Thanks
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
They spent quite a bit of time trying to sort out the SOBDMC. Multiple config attempts, a couple of PMIs.... clearly they were struggling.
So here's the list of updates that are left as of this morning:
3FMTK1RM7MMA07237-18-Nov-22.png
Mike - thank you so much again!

My PAAK will not complete set up now; I can set up PAAK but the ability to add a door code and backup passcode fails.
Ford Pass will lock and unlock via app when PAAK is not set up, when I add my phone to PAAK those functions begin to fail. When I have PAAK set up my center screen fails every time when I attempt to set up my backup passcodes-
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 6737CC5B-E27B-46C4-A5EA-136D101D6B34

I’m guessing the gateway module (GWM) may be to blame as it’s one of the only items remaining to be updated per the list @Mike G so awesomely provided.
I’ve tried to add PAAK three times over twelve hours now and a reboot of both my phone and Sync.

I had also done a master reset yesterday afternoon when PAAK was first failing; maybe there is a time lock out between reset and ability to do some things?

Im guessing next step is to delete my MachE from FordPass and start all over from the get go, but can’t see how that would fix the in car sync to the phone for backup passcodes. Seems more a local connectivity issue.

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Hi Mike,

What’s going on with the door modules? I read somewhere that the recent door updates were removed from FDRS as they were causing issues? Do I still need them?
3FMTK3SSXMMA50149
Thanks
Those of us who did update within the last few months ended up with a "-AL" revision that was supposedly an enhancement to keep the door presenters from actuating unnecessarily when the inside mechanical door handle was used to open the door. At least that's my understanding of it.

I don't know why, but they were recently rolled back to the "-AH" revision that we had before. The details of the included packages for the driver's door would indicate that it was pretty much rolled back entirely with only a minor change:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others Nov_Door_Update-ALtoAH

So no, you don't have them in your list cause you already have the "-AH" rev software on your doors.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SSXMMA50149-18-Nov-22

Mike

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Those of us who did update within the last few months ended up with a "-AL" revision that was supposedly an enhancement to keep the door presenters from actuating unnecessarily when the inside mechanical door handle was used to open the door. At least that's my understanding of it.

I don't know why, but they were recently rolled back to the "-AH" revision that we had before. The details of the included packages for the driver's door would indicate that it was pretty much rolled back entirely with only a minor change:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SSXMMA50149-18-Nov-22

So no, you don't have them in your list cause you already have the "-AH" rev software on your doors.

Mike
Thanks Mike for the clarification! Not sure why it still shows the WACM as it was updated. Did the dealer fail to do something after updating? Any ‘concern’ you can think of to allow me to go to the dealer to get some more of these modules updated? As always a big thank you for all your help and knowledge.

Peyole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Dark Matter Gray Mach-E
Country flag
After the latest Power-Up update to 3.5.4 on October 20 I have been having issues where upon starting the car it switches from Unbridled that I always leave it on into Engage. Strangely although it is driving in Engage the HUD still shows the golden lines from Unbridled. If I hit the Unbridled button it switches for a second to Unbridled, then back to Engage. The only way to fix it is to click Whisper then Engage. So I wanted to know if perhaps there was an update required on the car that might be helpful in resolving this issue.

VIN: 3FMTK3R71NMA30391

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Mike for the clarification! Not sure why it still shows the WACM as it was updated. Did the dealer fail to do something after updating? Any ‘concern’ you can think of to allow me to go to the dealer to get some more of these modules updated? As always a big thank you for all your help and knowledge.
This does happen from time to time. FDRS logs will indicate a successful update and the revision says it's the newer version in the table but it's still in the update list. Sometimes FDRS does not correctly report the update to the cloud server after programming and so it thinks the update still needs to be applied. Normally hitting the "Rerun Network Test" button will cause this update to clear from the list, but sometimes with slower internet connections it might take shutting FDRS off and then logging back in again.

I can confirm that the WACM looks like it was updated on 30 July, but I'm trying to remember if there was a further WACM update that showed up after that time...

Anyway, here's a shot of the button the tech would select to rescan the car and clear any updates that are already applied:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SSXMMA50149-18-Nov-22Network_Test

Note that this sometimes does not work if Ford has coded the update incorrectly. There have been several instances where updates wouldn't clear no matter what was done..until the next revision came out and replaced it.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After the latest Power-Up update to 3.5.4 on October 20 I have been having issues where upon starting the car it switches from Unbridled that I always leave it on into Engage. Strangely although it is driving in Engage the HUD still shows the golden lines from Unbridled. If I hit the Unbridled button it switches for a second to Unbridled, then back to Engage. The only way to fix it is to click Whisper then Engage. So I wanted to know if perhaps there was an update required on the car that might be helpful in resolving this issue.

VIN: 3FMTK3R71NMA30391
I would do a soft reset on the APIM to see if that clears that problem.

Here's the list of currently available updates for your car:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3R71NMA30391-18-Nov-22

Mike

panelovn

First Name
Bjørn Haugland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX400h, Ford Mustang Mach E AWD LR
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Hi.
Regards from Norway here.
Been having trouble with OTA since forever.
Dealer swapped out apim modul which was delivered with a newer sw version. But still no OTA after that.
Don't even know which power up i am on.
Only says "system is up to date"
Sync version 279.

Some say the apim swap may have been worsening things?
Dealer don't know what to do. Ford Norway keeps quiet.

Vin WF0TK3SU5MMA37164

Peyole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the list. As I read it I noticed there were repeats of the ones Ford supposedly updated when I took it in after initial delivery of my car from your list on July 9. Of the seven listed in July each one except the DSM – Driver Front Seat Module is duplicated. The only new one that was not on the July list is the BCM – Body Control Module. Is it expected for those six modules to have updates, or did Ford not update them the first time? I included an image of the July list.

July.png

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the list. As I read it I noticed there were repeats of the ones Ford supposedly updated when I took it in after initial delivery of my car from your list on July 9. Of the seven listed in July each one except the DSM – Driver Front Seat Module is duplicated. The only new one that was not on the July list is the BCM – Body Control Module. Is it expected for those six modules to have updates, or did Ford not update them the first time? I included an image of the July list.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others July
Oh no...they got updated again for the third time this summer. So three separate revisions since the recall was announced.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi.
Regards from Norway here.
Been having trouble with OTA since forever.
Dealer swapped out apim modul which was delivered with a newer sw version. But still no OTA after that.
Don't even know which power up i am on.
Only says "system is up to date"
Sync version 279.

Some say the apim swap may have been worsening things?
Dealer don't know what to do. Ford Norway keeps quiet.

Vin WF0TK3SU5MMA37164
Well what you need is for the tech to continue to do the updates on your APIM until there are no more updates showing up in the list.

It is possible that GWM and TCU updates will show up as well after that APIM update is done. They usually show updates one after the other (APIM, GWM, TCU).

Here's your list as of today:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK3SU5MMA37164-18-Nov-22

Sync version 279 is ridiculously old. I think I'm on 539 now.

Mike

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Closing in on two months since my last updates. Wondering if what I have pending Is worth a two day license.

3FMTK3SU5MMA09493

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Closing in on two months since my last updates. Wondering if what I have pending Is worth a two day license.

3FMTK3SU5MMA09493
The reversion of the 4 door modules to the "-AH" revision from the "-AL" version you're running now, and an HVAC update for more heat at lower temps. That's it for now.

panelovn

First Name
Bjørn Haugland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX400h, Ford Mustang Mach E AWD LR
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Well what you need is for the tech to continue to do the updates on your APIM until there are no more updates showing up in the list.

It is possible that GWM and TCU updates will show up as well after that APIM update is done. They usually show updates one after the other (APIM, GWM, TCU).

Here's your list as of today:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK3SU5MMA37164-18-Nov-22

Sync version 279 is ridiculously old. I think I'm on 539 now.

Mike
Thanks Mike for taking the time.

I talked to my technician now, and he says that my apim won't take updates manually .
The reason for this is not certain, but they think it is becuse my replaced apim came with sw for a job2 car while my car is job1.

So i either have to wait until Ford comes up with a solution for updating my job2 apim, or they can try to install my old job1 apim and do a recover procedure on it (which was tried unsuccessfully before).

Thanks again
/Bjørn

Peyole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh no...they got updated again for the third time this summer. So three separate revisions since the recall was announced.
I just made an appointment after Thanksgiving to get the updates you listed, but since I have a family member that got their updates in early July the same time as me I figure they have similar if not exact items needed. I wanted to give him a list for his VIN as well so he can get in at the same time as me.

3FMTK3R78NMA19565
Sponsored