Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Haven’t run an actual tally but it seems like 1/3 of folks have the PSCM on their list this week.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Thank you so much! Maybe by them doing the BCM, it also did the TCU module in the background. I started with 12 outstanding modules yesterday. I really appreciate you looking into this for me.
? I don't think FDRS does 'stealth' updates. The TCU might have come as an OTA though.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Mike. I have updated the car at the dealership. Could you please check if the dealership updated all the updates? Im little bit surprised thst they did it so fast because the car was given back to me within 45 minutes, and when I called they said 4 hours for the updates.
Thank you for your fantastic service.
So what they did on the 31st was update all the cruise-control related modules (IPMA, CCM, CMR, PSCM) as well as the OBCC for DCDC fast charging, and the HVAC module for the windscreen fogging issue.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK3SUXMMA12874-3-Apr-23Work

Here's the rest they didn't do:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK3SUXMMA12874-3-Apr-23

That GWM (gateway) should come as an OTA. make sure to set your update schedule to check for updates during a time you'll be driving the car in an area with good cell coverage, (like on the way to work). Middle of the night while parked doesn't work as well.

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Brought car to dealer & got the HVJB update and looks like minor updates to Sync. Got a 2ndfob.
Can't find what version.
Can someone run:
VIN: 3FMTK3SU7MMA39322 2021 Premium

Thanks!
Looks like the latest time you had the car in was starting on the 21st through the 25th. At least those are the days that programming was done. On the 29th and 30th somebody checked your VIN in PTS but no work was done on those days.

These modules were successfully programmed in the sequence shown, unless noted otherwise:

21st: HVAC, PATS (Keyfob), PCM, SOBDM, SOBDMB, SOBDMC, BECM, WACM, GFM, GSM, OBCC, PSCM were updated.

22nd: DSM, BCM were updated.

23rd: IPC, GWM, APIM (failed), APIM (failed), APIM (succeeded), GWM, APIM, GWM, TCU, GWM (failed), GWM (succeeded).

24th: APIM (failed) "Procedure Unsuccesful - ParseAndCompareFlashActionApplications Unable to obtain software binary file: NU5T-14H212-MH"

25th: APIM (failed) "The programming or part number validation process has failed."

Your current software revision is the 14G676-DT which I believe equates to Sync 539. It's the version where connection to two cell phones was enabled.

So I don't know if they told you they had problems updating that APIM any further, but as far as Sync goes you have been updated to just before the update for the new UI (Sync 640) and you have an APIM update in your list now:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU7MMA39322-=3-Apr-23

So that APIM update in your list was the one they couldn't get to process using FDRS in the shop. You might ask them what their next move is since if they couldn't get it to update using FDRS it's likely not going come as an OTA either. So they would have to address this or you probably won't get any more updates to Sync.

The door module updates came out after your last visit.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
? I don't think FDRS does 'stealth' updates. The TCU might have come as an OTA though.
I honestly didn’t think this car was capable of anything more than downloading the latest Sync version. Now I see that it updated the APIM and TCU over Wifi. I did notice that it tried to download a ‘.gz’ file while driving yesterday as it was connected to my wifi hotspot on my phone.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good afternoon all…..
Beautiful day in NE Pennsylvania….

So……
Patiently waiting for another OTA update
Last update, Jan 23, 2023… 3.6.2

VIN-3FMTK3SU1MMA56293, 2021 Premium J2
If someone could check & see if something is out of sorts !?
Regards & thank you…..,

Bill Pitman
10 Oct '21 build date, Job 2 car.

I'm afraid you're going to have to see a dealer to get sorted.

The reason is, as you can see below, there are no gateway (GWM), APIM (Sync), or TCU (telematics modem) updates in your list so something is keeping you from getting any new updates. And this list is just going to get longer. You're on what I think is Sync 539, based on the software revision number. The most current version is Sync 713.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU1MMA56293-3-Apr-23

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
January 2021 build SR Select
VIN 3FMTK1RMXMMA08379

I haven't received an OTA update since September '22.

I'm curious if there is some kind of conflicting software bug/module/update that is preventing further updates.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Sim

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
WF0TK1EM7NMA10419

Can you please check mine?
Your list is a little bit smaller than it was last October:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK1EM7NMA10419-3-Apr-23

None of these updates are likely to come as OTAs though.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
January 2021 build SR Select
VIN 3FMTK1RMXMMA08379

I haven't received an OTA update since September '22.

I'm curious if there is some kind of conflicting software bug/module/update that is preventing further updates.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Sim
15 Jan '21 build date, Job 1 car.

If I'm reading this right you have comfort but not tech, correct?

And I think you're on Sync 640?

I don't see anything specific that might be causing a dependency issue, except maybe the fact that your IPC hasn't been updated because your car isn't BC capable. If it were me I would have asked that all the cruise control related updates got done even though you don't have BC just to ensure that all the revisions were compatible. So we're specifically talking about the CCM, IPMA, PSCM, and IPC in the list below:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK1RMXMMA08379-3-Apr-23

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
15 Jan '21 build date, Job 1 car.

If I'm reading this right you have comfort but not tech, correct?

And I think you're on Sync 640?

I don't see anything specific that might be causing a dependency issue, except maybe the fact that your IPC hasn't been updated because your car isn't BC capable. If it were me I would have asked that all the cruise control related updates got done even though you don't have BC just to ensure that all the revisions were compatible. So we're specifically talking about the CCM, IPMA, PSCM, and IPC in the list below:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK1RMXMMA08379-3-Apr-23
Thanks for the fast response. As far as comfort vs tech, I have a basic Select with no options. I wanted to be an early adopter, but I didn't want the complications of all of software driven features. So far, so good except for the OTA process.

Sim

ymmrob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Picked up a 22 GTPE that has been sitting on a dealer lot, believe build was August 2022. No updates yet, wonder if anyone can provide any insights?

Thanks!

3FMTK4SX7NMA51374

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Picked up a 22 GTPE that has been sitting on a dealer lot, believe build was August 2022. No updates yet, wonder if anyone can provide any insights?

Thanks!

3FMTK4SX7NMA51374
2 Sep '22 build date, GT PE

Here's the list of available updates:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK4SX7NMA51374-3-Apr-23

That gateway (GWM) update will likely come as an OTA. I'd set the daily update check to a time you'd be driving the car, like during a normal commute. They get more updates that way.

Elektronik

First Name
Olegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD standard battery
Country flag
Your list is a little bit smaller than it was last October:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK4SX7NMA51374-3-Apr-23

None of these updates are likely to come as OTAs though.
Thanks Mike. Is there anything from this list I need to demand to be updated by dealer or it's nothing important there?

Jdonnarumma

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Mach-E
Country flag
Looks like the latest time you had the car in was starting on the 21st through the 25th. At least those are the days that programming was done. On the 29th and 30th somebody checked your VIN in PTS but no work was done on those days.

These modules were successfully programmed in the sequence shown, unless noted otherwise:

21st: HVAC, PATS (Keyfob), PCM, SOBDM, SOBDMB, SOBDMC, BECM, WACM, GFM, GSM, OBCC, PSCM were updated.

23rd: IPC, GWM, APIM (failed), APIM (failed), APIM (succeeded), GWM, APIM, GWM, TCU, GWM (failed), GWM (succeeded).

24th: APIM (failed) "Procedure Unsuccesful - ParseAndCompareFlashActionApplications Unable to obtain software binary file: NU5T-14H212-MH"

25th: APIM (failed) "The programming or part number validation process has failed."

Your current software revision is the 14G676-DT which I believe equates to Sync 539. It's the version where connection to two cell phones was enabled.

So I don't know if they told you they had problems updating that APIM any further, but as far as Sync goes you have been updated to just before the update for the new UI (Sync 640) and you have an APIM update in your list now:
3FMTK3SU7MMA39322-=3-Apr-23.png

So that APIM update in your list was the one they couldn't get to process using FDRS in the shop. You might ask them what their next move is since if they couldn't get it to update using FDRS it's likely not going come as an OTA either. So they would have to address this or you probably won't get any more updates to Sync.

Appreciate the info. Does you system provide the power up version that is currently in the car? Can't find it on the sync screen nor the ford pass app. My guess its an old one.
OTA updates have been almost non-existent for me. Only twice since I have the car.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Appreciate the info. Does you system provide the power up version that is currently in the car? Can't find it on the sync screen nor the ford pass app. My guess its an old one.
OTA updates have been almost non-existent for me. Only twice since I have the car.
FDRS provides no info on PowerUps. Your service advisor can pull your VIN and look up your PowerUp status in the "OTA Dashboard" while you're on the phone, and tell you about any activity going back 60 days. If there hasn't been any activity it's a good time to have the discussion about diagnosing why you aren't getting OTAs.
Sponsored