Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
My first will go a little like this: "You knowwww waaaattt yoouuurrr problem is?" :drunken slurr: "Aujo Poilet quitz. No I'm not goin ta shud up Alexa. No yeeww shudaup Alexa. Dribe mee home dabit"
What’s the over/under on how many of these they get per month?
Sponsored

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
What’s the over/under on how many of these they get per month?
The great thing is if feedback like this, it could run a script to Bork PAAK. No one would know. Or better yet they start targeting cars to remove features or just mess with jimpra. Imagine if they actually listened (or read the speech to text output) of much of these.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Ford has fixed bugs —just not the customer facing bugs that came with the car during the first deliveries and which persist to this day.

Despite the hyperbole and declarations of victory by some, CarPlay is not perfect, not even close. It wasn’t perfect before the 4.2.x series of updates and still isn’t afterwards.

None of the launch day customer facing bugs has been fixed — none. The motion sensor bug affects every single car, whether or not you know it. Two years is more than enough time to address these issues that were apparent by the end of January 2021. Ford has chosen not to address them or isn’t capable of addressing them. The only other option is that they’re somehow unaware. None of those three options shine a favorable light on Ford’s software capabilities.

The design of this car was basically pretty darn good with a couple of rather notable exceptions. The issue and Achilles heel was and is software. It’s not getting better, it’s just changing icons.
You want to really blow your mind? The Lightning has the same SYNC system and different bugs. They must have 2 different programming groups working on the separate vehicle platforms.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Maybe they're worried it will possibly pop the frunk during an OTA install? That's the only on I can come up with.
maybe, or maybe it's just not a priority... I don't have confidence in their ability to put the right "to do's" into their bug fix funnel.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Yeah, it’s been there since 4.1.2. All your feedback goes into the Ford black hole with no reply:

13F3D06F-8B1E-47AB-A2B3-7F4AB58794B6.jpeg

90559C11-34AE-466D-B20D-35161AA9E210.jpeg

You could have a long rambling dissertation during charging sessions. “I’ll shut up as soon as my car hits 80%” might get us a faster charge curve.

@Jimrpa could leave a daily frunk message...
This update seems different. Voice recording previously tells me it will send a recording of your request to analyze intent and accuracy. The 4.2.4 update appears as though you can directly and intentionally send voice feedback.

movieman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Fusion, Mach-e (on order)
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This update seems different. Voice recording previously tells me it will send a recording of your request to analyze intent and accuracy. The 4.2.4 update appears as though you can directly and intentionally send voice feedback.
same here, yesterday received 4.2.2...
I am going crazy with frustration. I have a 2022 Premium SR - Took possession mid July '22. The last OTA update I got was 4.1.1 in Jan '23. Nothing since. I have called the dealership and they said just wait, but I think I have been by-passed. Any ideas?

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I am going crazy with frustration. I have a 2022 Premium SR - Took possession mid July '22. The last OTA update I got was 4.1.1 in Jan '23. Nothing since. I have called the dealership and they said just wait, but I think I have been by-passed. Any ideas?
There are probably many factors at play here, as usual for this type of environment. Updates are typically deployed in stages of smaller test groups and certain days of the week, and also could be geared toward subsets of vehicle years and models as well. Alternatively, I've heard a few people mentioned they weren't getting updates at all, and the dealer was able to manually push something that seemed to correct this. Also note that I've been receiving a lot of updates lately, but I'm also in the Early Access Program, so I'm sure that takes some priority, too.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I think general consensus is that the 4.1.x were rolling out to all. Those appear to have stopped and 4.2.x is rolling out now. These are all the same wording as 4.1.x and likely have something corrected that stopped the 4.1.x rollout. If you got 4.1 in Jan I would assume you are fine, if a few weeks goes by with nothing then I would be concerned.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Us Frunkless button owners get no respect and no frunk button. I got 4.2.2 yesterday every update I get I go in the Frunk and push that non-working Frunk button with hopes and dreams only to be crushed by its complete silence and failure to work.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
Us Frunkless button owners get no respect and no frunk button. I got 4.2.2 yesterday every update I get I go in the Frunk and push that non-working Frunk button with hopes and dreams only to be crushed by its complete silence and failure to work.
But now you will have a way to complain about it to Ford!

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see several people are asking for a frunk button. I thought this was delivered in Ford Pass? It's on my Ford Pass Home Screen. Do I just have a special version of Ford Pass? Or are y'all asking for a dedicated button in the Mach-E in-car software?
It's not so much that you are special (although I am sure you are in your own right) but....its us 2021 Job 1 owners that are not special we have no working Frunk button either in the Frunk, on Sync or in Fordpass. Yes its driving us Frunking crazy.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On the Frunk button thing for '21J1...here's the part I don't understand....

It would have been SO easy to fix.

Search all the '21J1 asbuilts and update the one segment that adds the frunk softbutton to Sync. This is a server update. They can do it from their end.....just like they corrected the BCM data for the TPMS system on the new Lightnings they sent out with the wrong tire low pressure warning threshold.

Then push an OTA for the BCM and GFM updates as a technical update just for those cars. Unless there's something else I'm not aware of that should update this issue for everybody who has it.

The only thing I can think of that's keeping them from doing this is that they aren't confident that either a BCM or GFM update will actually work OTA. Why else would they put a procedure into FDRS specifically for the techs to enable that softbutton on the Sync screen?
Frunk_Button_Enable.png

If doing this by OTA isn't an option then @Ford Motor Company ought to identify those '21J1 vehicles in the asbuilt database that specifically still do not have the Sync frunk softbutton enabled and send the owners a notification letter of a Customer Satisfaction Program that will enable them to get the BCM/GFM updated and the frunk Sync screen softbutton enabled by a tech at Ford's cost.

I think if they put one...maybe two interns on this they could have it done by this time next week (if you can get them off their phones).
Mike G you are tickling us 21J1 owners with a feather and we like it. @Ford please listen to Mike G.

movieman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Fusion, Mach-e (on order)
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think general consensus is that the 4.1.x were rolling out to all. Those appear to have stopped and 4.2.x is rolling out now. These are all the same wording as 4.1.x and likely have something corrected that stopped the 4.1.x rollout. If you got 4.1 in Jan I would assume you are fine, if a few weeks goes by with nothing then I would be concerned.
Thanks for your input. What I really want is the multi-function volume knob and so many have posted about that update - pros an con etc

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Thanks for your input. What I really want is the multi-function volume knob and so many have posted about that update - pros an con etc
I've seen a lot of '22 owners complaining about this very thing. I don't know what's going on with the '22 models and OTAs. But the '21s and '23's seem to be getting more love.
Sponsored