Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
We don't know the final update that will bring BC 1.3 functionality, but we know it's not 6.6.0.
And it likely won't be the same combination of updates for all model years.
Sponsored

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Largely? It can't have any cross-traffic.
That might be what it is. There are turn lanes in some places that will allow you to reach feeder roads. Most of our roads are that way.

My decision just got a lot easier.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That might be what it is. There are turn lanes in some places that will allow you to reach feeder roads. Most of our roads are that way.

My decision just got a lot easier.
That's exactly what it is. Has to be a controlled access road, i.e. where vehicles are prevented from crossing in front of you. An example of an uncontrolled access road is where you come up on a stoplight. A controlled access road has on ramps and off ramps, but no cross traffic.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
No one else with phone connectivity issues after 6.6.0? Damn I hate being the odd one out.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
EA only at this point?
Just a guess in my part but I suspect that a healthy percentage of EA cars are 2021’s which are frozen in place at 6.1
may spring for a brief FDRS license if the OTA for 2021's remains borked.
It’s not just the 2021s that are frozen at 6.1 awaiting the new version 6.2

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
More impressions:
  • Fine braking control with the brake pedal is greatly improved with this software. In particular, 2PD at low speeds. It is now possible to maintain a constant speed of 2 MPH in 2PD. This was impossible with the old software because the brake pedal was too binary, either braking or not, so traveling a steady pace less than the creep speed of 5 MPH was almost impossible.
  • Adaptive cruise braking is dialed in. Before there would be a lot more “hunting” with the decel rate causing some slamming behavior, but now it’s very smooth and deliberate during large braking events. Traffic has stopped suddenly a few times and the adaptive braking soaks up the gap smoothly with the kind of computer controlled braking precision I expect. They must have tweaked the PIDs. Good job.
  • Still need to test stop and go behavior, I still expect some slamming due to reaction time but hopefully it’s better.
  • This is how braking should have been on day 1, it finally meets my expectations.

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
Just did all the latest updates via FDRS. Does that mean I’m 6.6.0? Any way to tell in the system?

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
New phone by any chance?
Nope, I'm using an iPhone 14 Pro Max. When I try to connect carplay it says "no response from iphone".
PAAK is acting up too. I just turned the car off and before I got out it said something like "restart is needed, no key found" - even as the phone was connected via bluetooth and carplay. Meh

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope, I'm using an iPhone 14 Pro Max. When I try to connect carplay it says "no response from iphone".
PAAK is acting up too. I just turned the car off and before I got out it said something like "restart is needed, no key found" - even as the phone was connected via bluetooth and carplay. Meh
Reboot sync if you haven’t done so already and do a hard restart on the iPhone as well. Things get more complicated after that (I’ve deleted CarPlay for my MME on the iPhone a couple of times for example).

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Adaptive cruise braking is dialed in.
I'm looking forward to this. One of the immediate things I noticed with the Mach-E is how much smoother my Audi is in adaptive cruise mode. Hopefully it's closer to that experience.

The parking brake and low-speed brake changes seem like nice little QOL updates as well.

Appreciate all the detailed impressions you're posting, Lee!

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag

Alutacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Perf
Country flag
Does anyone know what the final component version number is for BC 1.3 to be released? Is it 6.6.0? I may spring for a brief FDRS license if the OTA for 2021's remains borked.

Trying to figure out if it's worth renewing BC - there are virtually no roads that I travel that recognize that but that may change in the next 3 years and make it worth it. I also want to see if there are map updates with 1.3 that improve my area, which has many roads (like Rte 50) where BC would easily work geographically.
It's mind boggling how much of Rte 50 is unmapped.

Alutacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Perf
Country flag

Keep in mind that BlueCruise handsfree will never work on roads that aren't divided. I don't know Route 50, but when I Google it a picture shows a non-divided road with one lane in each direction. Therefore, it will never have handsfree driving.
Rte 50 is a major hwy that runs from DC east all the way to the ocean. I think you Google the wrong road.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rte 50 is a major hwy that runs from DC east all the way to the ocean. I think you Google the wrong road.
Unless it’s fully divided and controlled access it will be a BlueCruise highway. If significant portions of it qualify, those section might be surveyed at some point. Otherwise, it’s hands in for you!
Sponsored