Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Altima Coupe
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
I noticed today that the premium option is no longer available to order on Ford's website. Is this normal? I wonder if this option will be back in a couple days or if it's gone for a longer term. My fear is it's because of massive issues with the chip shortage. I'm worried my 2022 I ordered in 2021 will become a 2023!

Screenshot_20220305-230020_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Multiple threads on this. Can't order any more 2022 Premiums.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I noticed today that the premium option is no longer available to order on Ford's website. Is this normal? I wonder if this option will be back in a couple days or if it's gone for a longer term. My fear is it's because of massive issues with the chip shortage. I'm worried my 2022 I ordered in 2021 will become a 2023!

Screenshot_20220305-230020_Chrome.jpg
Been gone for a bit. I believe the CR1 is also no longer avail. Someone may know the correct answer by my guess is all builds slots for those models are spoken for for the 2022 model year so no more orders.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Looks to me like the two models still available have no glass roof?

OP
OP
BobMatrix

BobMatrix

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Altima Coupe
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
I think it has something to do with the amount of chips require for those models. I'm guessing they they require more than the other models. Also why selects, GTs and CR1 are getting shipped before my premium even though I ordered mine earlier.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I think it has something to do with the amount of chips require for those models. I'm guessing they they require more than the other models. Also why selects, GTs and CR1 are getting shipped before my premium even though I ordered mine earlier.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/2022-ford-mustang-mach-e-retail-orders-paused-for-some-models/

The automaker stopped taking retail orders for 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium and California Route 1 trims back in February due to strong demand, though order banks remain open for Select, GT, and GT Performance Edition models. Also, those that have an existing order placed for a Premium or California Route 1-trimmed 2022 Mach-E can still modify those orders, even though order books are now closed.
Not chips, more people wanted them than Ford had initially predicted so the 2022 model year for those trims is simply sold out.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Most of the vehicles ordered are premiums. Just like last year when the first edition and this year the California route one edition came off the order sheet. They have obviously reached their allocation of parts for that model and are not selling it anymore so they don’t repeat last year’s problem of not being able to provide the model year you ordered This comes from a dealer so you can either trust it or not

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH E, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
Out of curiosity after reading this thread, I checked Ford Canada for Mach-E ordering

Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Has been removed from Ford's website Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 9.37.13 AM
The Ford Canada website is much slower to update for some reason. The 2022s didn't show up for months after they were available on the Ford.com site (but you could order them from dealers).