Skoolbus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Corolla, 2015 F150, 2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
My dealer (and I understand many other dealers) are treating the price protection as a refund scenario.

This is what mine said. “You are price protected as long as the way you ordered the vehicle is how you are going to register it. So as long as your name and address match, we shouldn't have a problem getting the refund from Ford when we apply for it. Just to be aware, Ford hasn't been completely transparent regarding the "price protection". It isn't automatic. We have to apply for it. We can't apply for it until the vehicle is sold. Therefor, your price will be what is on the new window sticker until they reimburse us for the difference. We will then cut a check to you for the difference in pricing.”

Okay, that sucks and I know many dealers are accepting a lower price upfront but I’ve waited too long for this car to be righteous and die on that hill. They’ve been good so far so I’ll take a risk and trust them.

My question is, for those who were in the same boat, how long did you wait to get your refund from the dealer?
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer (and I understand many other dealers) are treating the price protection as a refund scenario.

This is what mine said. “You are price protected as long as the way you ordered the vehicle is how you are going to register it. So as long as your name and address match, we shouldn't have a problem getting the refund from Ford when we apply for it. Just to be aware, Ford hasn't been completely transparent regarding the "price protection". It isn't automatic. We have to apply for it. We can't apply for it until the vehicle is sold. Therefor, your price will be what is on the new window sticker until they reimburse us for the difference. We will then cut a check to you for the difference in pricing.”

Okay, that sucks and I know many dealers are accepting a lower price upfront but I’ve waited too long for this car to be righteous and die on that hill. They’ve been good so far so I’ll take a risk and trust them.

My question is, for those who were in the same boat, how long did you wait to get your refund from the dealer?
Not in the same boat but a dealer receives their payments from Ford once a month. So I would guess 45 - 90 days depending on when your dealer makes the claim with respect to when they receive their Ford payment.. it is called the Dealer Payment Statement. You could ask them when they receive theirs from Ford and then check back in once a month after the statement arrives. Hope this helps.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Ford corporate said this can take 30-45 days.

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What about the sales tax paid to the state? How does that get refunded?

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
What about the sales tax paid to the state? How does that get refunded?
My dealer just adjusted the sales price so that I pay correct tax. The dealers who have some sort of moral issue with making it easy for their customers won’t be refunding tax. You’re just screwed on that basically. The caveat being I’m sure there’s SOMEONE out there with experience to the contrary but generally speaking if they say you’re getting a check later, you’ll be footing the tax bill for that refund.

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag

Did you ever get your refund ? I am in similar situation with my dealer since picking up the car last week.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag

About 3 months

OP
OP
Skoolbus

Skoolbus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Corolla, 2015 F150, 2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Did you ever get your refund ? I am in similar situation with my dealer since picking up the car last week.
No, when I picked up the car they used the original 2022 price they quoted me not the window sticker price- no price protection needed. It was a nice surprise. I’m sure they applied for the difference themselves.

AeroEng

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybd, Accord, Silverado, MME Prem AWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Delivery Date: 6/10/2022
Refund Date: 6/25/2022
Total days: 15 (note check was dated 6/14/2022, took some time to get through the mail)
Refund received: Yes

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Just shy of 60 days and I got my check

Tony

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Almost dead thread... but I'm at day-58 of waiting for the "promised" $2000 refund from the dealer who said they would apply for it from Ford. I had to wait 52 weeks for delivery of the 2022 MME I ordered in Dec 2021. (My order confirmed the day before the 12/8/21 price hike.) Yep, I had to pay the $155 sales tax on the "overcharge", too. I might try applying to the CA Franchise Tax Board once the refund is actually provided to me.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Price Protection Refund Wait Time 1675633599133

edit: I'm at day 69. Still waiting for Ford/dealer to return the $2000 overcharge.
edit: I'm at day 80. Still waiting. Dealer got huffy when I reminded them I was still waiting and said "it's all on Ford".

Last edited:

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
90 days, I've been waiting for Ford and/or dealer to refund the $2000 "price protection" refund.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Price Protection Refund Wait Time 1678408568543

edit: I have passed 100 days of waiting for this promised refund. (Ford chat says talk to the dealer. Dealer says talk to Ford.)
Sponsored

Last edited: