Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previous, Maserati Granturismo. MV Brutale RR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey top guys at Ford. It's really nice that you added a 'propulsion sound' to our Mach E's but Please, please please can you do an over the air update to allow us to choose a V8 sound?

1. On engine start let's have that lovely V8 burble.
2. When moving let's have the sound of a V8 (maybe through the gears?)

It's the only thing I miss on my AWD Ex Mach E, otherwise really glad I put up with the delays and didn't cancel like some I've spoken to recently.

Any others out there feel the same?
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I can't really say how I truly will be since I don't have the car yet, but its always been on my mind that propulsion sound is going to be the first thing I turn off when I get it. I like the idea of a silent drive. I don't need fake engine noise to tell me I've hit the vroom pedal, but that's just me

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I too plan on not using propulsion sound. Although I think if they did have some fun choices, it would be a nice gimmick. I want the Jetson's sound.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
One of the reasons I bought an EV was to enjoy the quiet ride. No fake extra sounds thanks.
Totally get that, but, with the ability to turn it on or off just like Unbridled, it could be a nice/fun addition. I mean, they did call it a Mustang after all, and a high % of adopters own/have owned ICE Mustangs.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
I only turn on the propulsion sound as a gimmick when I have guests in the car.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Hmm.. our electric motors do make some "real" noise - I wonder if there would be a way to amplify that. The 1000hp track car Ford did was plenty loud. I wonder was the additional noise of it all just from the hp increases or does the normal Mach-E's have something in place to muffle the sound of the motors that could be removed or modified.

My comments are all beside the point if someone would actually want to hear the whine noise or not...

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
I want them to make propulsion sounds that sound like space ships. Or laser beams. Frickin laser beams.
Porsche does it right. Their cars sounds like the future of performance. The Mach E sounds like an eco boost with a bad alternator. While I don't want a fake ass V8 sound, I don't want the watered down electronic V8 sound we get now. I think a selection from a few options and sound levels would be cool.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I find it really annoying that at a stoplight sitting next to some yahoo in a Charger revving his engine, that I need to open my window and go "vroom, vroom" before blowing his doors off.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Totally get that, but, with the ability to turn it on or off just like Unbridled, it could be a nice/fun addition. I mean, they did call it a Mustang after all, and a high % of adopters own/have owned ICE Mustangs.
I get that too, it's just not for me. To me an authentic EV is quiet. I wouldn't mind being able to add my own sounds, but that's just for kicks not everyday cruising.

Wait......you can turn off Unbridled? JK, I only roll in Unbridled/1PD 100%. ?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I find it really annoying that at a stoplight that I need to open my window and go "vroom, vroom" before blowing his doors off.
No NEED to. A lady or gentleman steals the show with quiet understated class.
And you summed up the noisy ones well when you called them “some yahoo revving his engine.” Why be an annoying yahoo yourself?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No NEED to. A lady or gentleman steals the show with quiet understated class.
And you summed up the noisy ones well when you called them “some yahoo revving his engine.” Why be an annoying yahoo yourself?
Sometimes it might be fun ?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Can we get the sounds from K.I.T.T (Knight Rider). Always loved the sound effect they used to use.

I think they should do for propulsion sounds what they used to do for ringtones. I would gladly pay a nominal fee for ones I liked (or just thought were funny).
Sponsored