Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Range is also shown in km, even if you're in NA. I don't do anything with it, but you'd maybe want to convert it to miles if you want a card for it in HA.

It's also nice that it reports the 12V battery level. Mine generally stays around 13-15V.
If you re-run the FordPass setup in the HA integrations, there is a drop down to select imperial vs metric.

Personally, I’m still struggling getting the battery percentage from the attribute to show on my Lovelace card but I feel like it’s coming along nicely.

2951EF77-B3C5-4883-A9BB-DFE3096F883C.png
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
If you re-run the FordPass setup in the HA integrations, there is a drop down to select imperial vs metric.

Personally, I’m still struggling getting the battery percentage from the attribute to show on my Lovelace card but I feel like it’s coming along nicely.

2951EF77-B3C5-4883-A9BB-DFE3096F883C.png
I have the integration set to imperial, but it still natively shows "range" in km. No that important to me as I don't really care about what range the car thinks it has. I'd rather just know the HV battery SOC.

Here's what I added to my config yaml to have that attribute show as it's own sensor, along with the 12V battery voltage:

Code:
sensor:

platform: template

sensors:

mache_hv_battery_percent:

friendly_name: "Mustang Mach-E HV Battery Level"

value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Battery Fill Level') }}"

device_class: battery

mache_12v_battery:

friendly_name: "Mustang Mach-E 12V Battery Voltage"

value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.fordpass_battery', 'Battery Voltage') }}"

Ford Mustang Mach-E Public API 1630658936176

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Public API 1630658936176
There is a formula to turn the metric to miles (think its divide by 1.6) look on google its just a line. Or I can show you when I am home later.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
There is a formula to turn the metric to miles (think its divide by 1.6) look on google its just a line. Or I can show you when I am home later.
Thanks! I had setup a template to multiply the km value by 0.621371 and it works out.

jchung36

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Mustang
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Hello!

I'd like to introduce Ford's Digital Marketplace. It is a platform where we introduce our APIs and business use cases.

Facing the initial launch in the next month or so, we'd like to conduct user validation and testing to gain design insights and apply appropriate treatments where needed. If anyone is interested in testing our new site, please reach out to me.

Our study will take 15-20 minutes, and we plan on scheduling in the weeks of Sep 27 and Oct 4.

Tesla has a more or less open API for status checks of your car. Mainly for themselves, of course, but also for enthusiasts like me. My Volvo also has an API where I can check the status of my car, get mileage and do other stuff.

Is there an API from Ford that can be used in a similar way? I would love to have the stats of my car; battery charge, range, locked/unlocked etc. on my home automation screen we use in the living room.

Anyone heard anything about this?

And of course I should always Google my own questions before asking them ... I found this, https://developer.ford.com/fordconnect ... Is this open to the public and will my MME information be available as well?

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Here's what I added to my config yaml to have that attribute show as it's own sensor, along with the 12V battery voltage:
If you'd like to use the "new" template state sensors, which allows you to use the new Statistics module, then you can use this format:

Code:
template:
  - sensor:
      - name: Mach-E HV Battery Percent
        unit_of_measurement: '%'
        state_class: measurement
        state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Battery Fill Level') | float }}"
      - name: Mach-E 12V Battery Voltage
        device_class: voltage
        unit_of_measurement: 'V'
        state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.fordpass_battery', 'Battery Voltage') }}"
"state_class: measurement" lets HA know to calculate statistics, and the two device_classes set reasonable default icons and graphs.

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Hello!

I'd like to introduce Ford's Digital Marketplace. It is a platform where we introduce our APIs and business use cases.

Facing the initial launch in the next month or so, we'd like to conduct user validation and testing to gain design insights and apply appropriate treatments where needed. If anyone is interested in testing our new site, please reach out to me.

Our study will take 15-20 minutes, and we plan on scheduling in the weeks of Sep 27 and Oct 4.
Is this an open source project? It doesn’t come off as one, but if it is, mind providing the repo? Would love to contribute

jchung36

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Mustang
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
It isn't an open source project. For the initial launch, it will have a handful number of APIs (i.e., reference documents) that can be viewed. In our future state, we plan to add features where you can test and simulate APIs as well.

Will you be interested in our user testing?

Is this an open source project? It doesn’t come off as one, but if it is, mind providing the repo? Would love to contribute

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
If you'd like to use the "new" template state sensors, which allows you to use the new Statistics module, then you can use this format:

Code:
template:
  - sensor:
      - name: Mach-E HV Battery Percent
        unit_of_measurement: '%'
        state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Battery Fill Level') | float }}"
      - name: Mach-E 12V Battery Voltage
        device_class: voltage
        unit_of_measurement: 'V'
        state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.fordpass_battery', 'Battery Voltage') }}"
"state_class: measurement" lets HA know to calculate statistics, and the two device_classes set reasonable default icons and graphs.
Thanks! I'm slowly learning my way around HA...

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Mind sharing which formula you used and where exactly you placed it? I'm just now having a chance to circle back to this project.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Mind sharing which formula you used and where exactly you placed it? I'm just now having a chance to circle back to this project.
ford_range_left:
friendly_name: Range
entity_id: sensor.fordpass_elveh
unit_of_measurement: "Miles"
value_template: "{{ (state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'elVehDTE') | float / 1.609) | round(0) }}"

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
ford_range_left:
friendly_name: Range
entity_id: sensor.fordpass_elveh
unit_of_measurement: "Miles"
value_template: "{{ (state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'elVehDTE') | float / 1.609) | round(0) }}"
Thanks for your help with this. Initially, I had issues with my Lovelace instance:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Public API lovelace_error

I reworked it a bit and my config now looks like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Public API config_yaml

The end result for my current Lovelace card:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Public API home_assistant

The last part of this, that I am currently working on, is to setup a device_tracker using the the data from sensor.fordpass_gps . Inside of the attributes, you can find the Latitude and Longitude coordinates. I would like to use this data to have the ability to place the vehicle on the Home Assistant Map.

Last edited:

stephywephy88

First Name
Stephywephy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I started back in the office after Labor Day and set up departure times in FordPass. I’d get notices when I was in bed that the car was pre-conditioning - and I’m in the Detroit timezone. So I turned those off and set automations instead in Home Assistant. I added a Watch notification when the car starts preconditioning, which was super helpful because I was out sick today and didn’t need to pre-condition, so the notification reminded me to turn off the ignition. Automation hasn’t failed me once, don’t know why I didn’t think to do this sooner ??

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Thanks for your help with this. Initially, I had issues with my Lovelace instance:

I reworked it a bit and my config now looks like this:

The end result for my current Lovelace card:

The last part of this, that I am currently working on, is to setup a device_tracker using the the data from sensor.fordpass_gps . Inside of the attributes, you can find the Latitude and Longitude coordinates. I would like to use this data to have the ability to place the vehicle on the Home Assistant Map.
I believe there is already a tracker. I had this available without doing any editing myself…
Ford Mustang Mach-E Public API 86539600-CE47-4D46-9688-CDD0B708B538

usedit to make the map card which has always worked well for me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Public API EE627069-42FD-4483-8B3D-48CA760D2C04

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
I believe there is already a tracker. I had this available without doing any editing myself…

usedit to make the map card which has always worked well for me.
It absolutely had one there, already. I was overlooking it for some odd reason. Thanks for the additional eye opening. I am quite happy with the setup.

After months of waiting for HOA approval, I finally got the roof work done, and tomorrow, I get solar installed. I have plans to add the combiner box to the HA install to automate further.

Thanks again. Cheers!
Sponsored