Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
My dealer was going to try if they can even program a MME fob by trying to clone a fob for a MME they have. His service guy was not sure if a spare can be programmed. I told him Yes it has to ...fobs are lost all the time. My fob is still on back order.
Dealers spend thousands of dollars a year for Fob/Key control systems. It's a huge problem so each person showing a car, detail dept, third party vendor, window repair, paintless sent repair etc; have a code that signs the fob out to a specific person in the system and they still get lost. It helps, but still not 100%.
Sponsored

PizzaCake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
Country flag
At first I thought just one Fob was enough, but that was when I was expecting that using a Phone as a key would be very reliable. That appears not to be the case so now it just seems like cheap cost cutting measure on a very expensive car. I would expect the Phone to be near 100% reliable if we're supposed to use that instead of the FOB. In the four years I've had one of my other cars, the Fob battery died unexpectedly once. Even that wasn't a problem because it has a door key built into the Fob and you can place the Fob next to the Start button to start the car.

It may be just a minor annoyance for some, but these little annoyances tend to add up. Will I get the car anyway with only one Fob? Probably. Will it be yet one more thing that slightly dimishes how good I think the car is? Yes. At some point, lots of little annoyances add up enough to not get a car.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Just curious if anyone has gotten their extra fob and figured out a way to get it programmed? I wouldn't mind having a second one if it can be had for cheap.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just curious if anyone has gotten their extra fob and figured out a way to get it programmed? I wouldn't mind having a second one if it can be had for cheap.
I've gotten my extra fob, but don't have the car yet to get it programmed. My plan is to ask the dealer to program it for me as part of the prep before I take delivery. I'm hoping they won't charge me for that, but don't know yet.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Got one programmed at dealer - works - same parts as we have seen on the parts website. Got both the fob and blank. Dealer thought parts are priced incorrectly (lower) as just the fob price is more for other Ford vehicles not including programming. He ordered one for me a few weeks ago. Out the door at 200+tax.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got one programmed at dealer - works - same parts as we have seen on the parts website. Got both the fob and blank. Dealer thought parts are priced incorrectly (lower) as just the fob price is more for other Ford vehicles not including programming. He ordered one for me a few weeks ago. Out the at 200+tax.
A little confused... does this mean your dealer charged $200 for a 2nd fob + programming?

Is it the same Mustang fob as the one that came with the car? I found those in-stock a few places online $82), while the $34.34 one on the Ford Parts website is out of stock.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
A little confused... does this mean your dealer charged $200 for a 2nd fob + programming?

Is it the same Mustang fob as the one that came with the car? I found those in-stock a few places online $82), while the $34.34 one on the Ford Parts website is out of stock.
I checked the eBay ones and contacted the sellers. The part number looks same but when I asked, they said it wasn't compatible with 2021 Ford Mach-E.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Yes it has the same part number sticker on the back as original Fob. The key blank and fob piece together are around $80 dollars right - and then they charged about $100 for programming = so yes total was $200 (dont remember the exact cost of parts - but i remember them to be same as whats on ford parts site and they rounded to 200 including programming

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
Yes it has the same part number sticker on the back as original Fob. The key blank and fob piece together are around $80 dollars right - and then they charged about $100 for programming = so yes total was $200 (dont remember the exact cost of parts - but i remember them to be same as whats on ford parts site and they rounded to 200 including programming
Will you remove the key blanks from both of your fobs and see if both are JR3T-15K601-FA? Or, is the second fob JR3T-15K601-AC? Please and thanks.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Will you remove the key blanks from both of your fobs and see if both are JR3T-15K601-FA? Or, is the second fob JR3T-15K601-AC? Please and thanks.
Here are the images. Replacement new fob is - AC

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB IMG_1010

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB IMG_1011

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB IMG_1012

Last edited:

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Lucky you, my dealership wants to charge me $400, even after showing them the price from Parts.Ford.com

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Lucky you, my dealership wants to charge me $400, even after showing them the price from Parts.Ford.com
That seems to be a bit high but according to the service guy who took care of this, the usual price is 200 + 100 to 150 for programming ...he was surprised too at the low cost of the fob he saw. It may be because they placed the order 3 weeks ago (when I started emailing about the fob) or I just lucked out.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Well I usually hand my Key to the Valet, BUT IF IT'S THE ONLY ONE FORD GIVES ME, it's too damn valuable to risk them losing it! I'll have to emphasize with the valet, This is the only FOB that came with this Limited Edition MachE, so make extra sure you don't lose it!
You don't need a key for the valet.

When you activate Valet mode, it gives you an 8 digit code that looks like this:

12345-678​
The instructions tell them to use the first 5 digits on the door keypad to unlock the car, then use all 8 digits to start the car.

Just in case the valet doesn't write it down... it also sends a message to your Ford Pass app reminding you of the temporary code AND sends you an email with the temporary code.

When you walk out to get your car, you can remind the valet of the codes.

No valet key necessary.